Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think the show made a mistake with either Ivy/Kite Man or Harley/Ivy. If they were planning to go down the Harley/Ivy road from the beginning (and they sure weren't building up to it until now) then they shouldn't have invested all this time in Ivy and Kite Man, who have actually turned out to be cute and funny together.

And if they would up liking Ivy and Kite Man together then they should have realized this is now the thing that's working and decided to just keep Harley and Ivy best friends for this version of them. There really wasn't any hint until the kiss in the last episode that either Harley or Ivy had romantic feelings or the other, and even went out of their way to make Ivy have real feelings for Kite Man. So insisting on the romantic aspect of the two of them feels like some kind of obligation they think they have to fulfill rather than arising naturally out of the story.
    I do think to some degree the show has kind of jumped a little too quickly into Harley and Ivy as a romantic pairing when they've spent more time building them up more as a believable and close friendship in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I like how everyone is available and no one is off limits, unlike live action where there is either a studio embargo or the character isn't deemed worthy enough for including. Where else do the likes of Kite Man show up?
    On the other hand everyone being available just means that everyone can get punked by Harley because it's her show.

I'd rather have no Mister Miracle cameo than have him get murked for the sake of a sight gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On the other hand everyone being available just means that everyone can get punked by Harley because it's her show.

I'd rather have no Mister Miracle cameo than have him get murked for the sake of a sight gag.
    Not to mention watching Oberon get bashed.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Barda turn-up to beat the crud out of Harley.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This episode was a waste of the 4th world.

Incredible Member

I'm surprised that no one on this thread mentioned Dr. Psycho's role in all this, nor the fact that Clay Face and King Shark were apprehensive in all this, too. Whose to say that Psycho wasn't manipulating Harley from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This episode was a waste of the 4th world.
    Darkseid was pretty perfect. Michael Ironside hasn't lost a beat .

Even Granny was pretty good. She was smacking Harley around until Pscyho cheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I'm surprised that no one on this thread mentioned Dr. Psycho's role in all this, nor the fact that Clay Face and King Shark were apprehensive in all this, too. Whose to say that Psycho wasn't manipulating Harley from the beginning?
    Psycho was definitely jumping on Harley's insecurities to make her act like a more legitimate and dangerous villain in his eyes.

finished Season 1 really enjoyed it. Like the gags they do with all the characters except Bane. The Dr Psycho cun* stuff had me on the floor laughing.

Who voices Frank? Sounds like J.B Smoove sometimes.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    finished Season 1 really enjoyed it. Like the gags they do with all the characters except Bane. The Dr Psycho cun* stuff had me on the floor laughing.

Who voices Frank? Sounds like J.B Smoove sometimes.
    That's exactly who it is!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Harley was acting extremely irrational and took things a bit far, I can kind of forgive her for not thinking her actions through because Harley is supposed to be a damaged person and just went through something emotional and confusing.

I don't love how they handled the 4th World (seems like Dr. Psycho could've easily taken out Granny Goodness?), but at least it was funny how Darkseid kept talking over Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batgirl was an idiot for thinking she should warn Harley instead of just letting her dad do her job. Harley may have taken down a few villains for her own ends, but she's still a criminal and a villain at the end of the day. Babs was working on an extremely skewed view of Harley.
    Barbara is very naive, and having met Harley, she doesn't see her as the typical Gotham crook. She has a lot of learning to do. No Man's Land is not a good time for her to make her debut as a vigilante!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think the show made a mistake with either Ivy/Kite Man or Harley/Ivy. If they were planning to go down the Harley/Ivy road from the beginning (and they sure weren't building up to it until now) then they shouldn't have invested all this time in Ivy and Kite Man, who have actually turned out to be cute and funny together.

And if they would up liking Ivy and Kite Man together then they should have realized this is now the thing that's working and decided to just keep Harley and Ivy best friends for this version of them. There really wasn't any hint until the kiss in the last episode that either Harley or Ivy had romantic feelings or the other, and even went out of their way to make Ivy have real feelings for Kite Man. So insisting on the romantic aspect of the two of them feels like some kind of obligation they think they have to fulfill rather than arising naturally out of the story.
    I'd like to know the thought process behind this, especially where Kite-Man is concerned. It seems like they originally wanted it to look like Ivy is just slumming it when it comes to Kite-Man, and that's why she was so ashamed of hooking up with him at first. I expected her to gain more respect for herself and break up with him, but then she came to really care for him and accept his proposal. Maybe the idea all along was for Harley to have one-sided feelings for Ivy?

I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Barda turn-up to beat the crud out of Harley.
    Despite the name of the episode, I was thinking that defeating Granny Goodness would put Harley in charge of the Furies.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Harley was acting extremely irrational and took things a bit far, I can kind of forgive her for not thinking her actions through because Harley is supposed to be a damaged person and just went through something emotional and confusing.
    Try telling that to all the innocent people she got killed...
    I don't love how they handled the 4th World (seems like Dr. Psycho could've easily taken out Granny Goodness?), but at least it was funny how Darkseid kept talking over Harley.
    I got the implication Psycho lost the last time he fought Granny. They basically had to cheat and take her by surprise.
    Barbara is very naive, and having met Harley, she doesn't see her as the typical Gotham crook. She has a lot of learning to do. No Man's Land is not a good time for her to make her debut as a vigilante!
    I guess it just surprises me because I'm used to Babs being a more stoic, black and white, type when it comes to this stuff. But at least debuting during No Man's Land has done wonders for her social media presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That's exactly who it is!
    Lol thought so but at times it doesn't sound like him at all. Others I was certain it was J.B.

Try telling that to all the innocent people she got killed...
    Isn't the point about Harley, to quote Birds of Prey that she's a terrible person, and, even at her best, she's only a less terrible person?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Isn't the point about Harley, to quote Birds of Prey that she's a terrible person, and, even at her best, she's only a less terrible person?
    I guess you can lean into her that way? Even without Joker she's generally a morally unscrupulous criminal who enjoys committing crimes, stealing, and hurting people, and in this version that was doubly-true because she was violent and foul-mouthed before she even met Joker. Harleen Quinzel was more of an act.

She just probably shouldn't be saying she has a line she won't cross compared to another villain after what she pulled in this episode. Even if she called it off, she still caused it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    This show wants to pretend Harley has a moral compass. The episode with Queen of Fables was eye roll worthy because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This show wants to pretend Harley has a moral compass. The episode with Queen of Fables was eye roll worthy because of it.
    Yeah, that was my main issue too.

I mean, on top of that, are we supposed to agree with Batgirl that Harley has some good in her just because she went after some villains for her own interests and things just happened to work out for people by her doing so? Well, aside from Freeze.

Harley is not a good person by any stretch of the imagination. She only really cares about Ivy to a selfless extent.