Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Harley Quinn Animated Series

Can't wait for the show! Only concern is that Kaley Cuoco voice doesn't really match the character design from the trailers I've seen.

https://heroichollywood.com/dc-unive...premiere-date/

https://www.newsarama.com/47238-dc-u...confirmed.html

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Don't know why they keep hiring celebrities for these things instead of professional voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Don't know why they keep hiring celebrities for these things instead of professional voice actors.
    Yeah, I'd have totally taken Hynden Walch in the lead role. Of all of Arlene Sorkin's "successors" I think she probably has the most natural and less grating (sorry Tara Strong) take on Harley's voice.

(Although I think Laura Post is underrated).

Incredible Member

Yeah I wish they would be more serious at choosing the right voice actors that fit the character like anime shows do. It helps the audience by into the character more. The only actor I won't complain about is Alan Tudyk, who is a good casting as a comedic joker imo.

Think it depends on the specific actor; the late Robin Williams wasn't considered a voice actor, but was perfect casting for the Genie in Aladdin. I think the same applies across the board. Some bigger names may just be stunt casting, but you sometimes have bigger name or non voice actors who prove to be well-cast (seems like the old '90s Batman cartoon had a mix of both voice and non-voice actors and was considered generally well-cast).

Personally, I'd be very interested to see Alan Tudyk be the Joker.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would have preferred a tv show about Batman and Catwoman. Afterall the main batman comics is now centered on this two. Harley Quinn is suffocating me.

Kaley Cuoco is a professional voice actor. Kaley did the voice of Brandy Harrington for 77 episodes of the animated series Brandy & Mr. Wiskers. Kaley did 17 episodes as the voice of Kirstee Smith
    in the animated series Bratz. Kaley did three episodes as the voice of Paula Hayes / Weather Vane in the animated series Loonatics Unleashed. If doing almost 100 episodes of voice acting doesn't
    qualify someone as a professional voice actor, what does?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kaley Cuoco is a professional voice actor. Kaley did the voice of Brandy Harrington for 77 episodes of the animated series Brandy & Mr. Wiskers. Kaley did 17 episodes as the voice of Kirstee Smith
    in the animated series Bratz. Kaley did three episodes as the voice of Paula Hayes / Weather Vane in the animated series Loonatics Unleashed. If doing almost 100 episodes of voice acting doesn't
    qualify someone as a professional voice actor, what does?
    A lot of people don't know she did roles like that, they only know her from Big Bang Theory.
    I didn't know she did all that voice work, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A lot of people don't know she did roles like that, they only know her from Big Bang Theory.
    I didn't know she did all that voice work, cool.
    Yeah, Kaley Cuoco started acting way back in 1992, when she was 7 years old. She was in 18 movies and 21 TV shows before The Big Bang Theory. Kaley's most notable prior roles were as Bridget Hennessy in 8 Simple Rules
    and as Billie Jenkins in Charmed. And she played Maureen McCormick in the movie Growing up Brady, based on the TV series The Brady Bunch. So it's not like she was some overnight discovery.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 10-05-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Yeah, Kaley Cuoco started acting way back in 1992, when she was 7 years old. She was in 18 movies and 21 TV shows before The Big Bang Theory. Kaley's most notable prior roles were as Bridget Hennessy in 8 Simple Rules
    and as Billie Jenkins in Charmed. And she played Maureen McCormick in the movie Growing up Brady, based on the TV series The Brady Bunch. So it's not like she was some overnight discovery.
    She was also in a cartoon or two, like Brandy and Mr. Whiskers .

Well, we had Melissa Rauch as Harley Quinn once, now Kaley Cuoco. How long before we get the Bib Bang Theory trifecta and have Mayim Bialik as Harley?

New "not safe for work" Harley Quinn trailer released. Careful, lots of F-bombs.

New "not safe for work" Harley Quinn trailer released. Careful, lots of F-bombs.

First F-Bomb in a DC animated work?

oh yay, a mature dc cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    oh yay, a mature dc cartoon.
    I mean, Young Justice .