Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still kind of wondering how she fell for him in this continuity because she really seemed ticked he used her in this episode. Of course, she also hates Dent now so...
    I was wondering the same thing. Everyone knows how the origin goes, but the only hint of attraction on her side in this was that smile after she first gets out of his cell. After that she didn't seem into him yet. I think if you're gonna do the origin you might as well show us the whole thing.

Incredible Member

In the latest episode, I get the hint that, since its Harley telling things from her POV, she would omit that part as to why she fell in love with the Joker in the first place, just like how Harley omitted the idea that idea that she purposely jumped into that vat of chemicals...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why is Bane so amazing? He is so good. The pit does a better job with rehab than Arkham ever has. Pulling the trigger on Ivy/Harley was cool too.

How does this show simultaniously have the greatest and the worst Jim Gordon ever at the same time? Damn good cop indeed.

Godon went full "GEE CEE PEE DEE" on those Two-Face thugs. I guess when the Bat's way, the guns are in play .

Also I think the first on-screen depiction of Gordon learning Barbara is Batgirl (the DCAU only really hinted he knew).

Now that Gordon got the department back it will be fun to see him build it back up. I want to see him get his receipts on the officers who turned on him to join Bane.

It'll be interesting to see what they do now that the Injustice League has been taken out, so it's basically everyone else vs. Harley to save Gotham for the rest of the season.

I don't know what the issue was, Man-Bat makes for a damn good defense attorney.

George Lopez was so random, but it was funny. Bane was great too, as always.

Given how strong and deep Harley's friendship with Ivy is, I'm disappointed they are seemingly pulling the trigger on there being a romantic layer to it.

Also I think the first on-screen depiction of Gordon learning Barbara is Batgirl (the DCAU only really hinted he knew).
    He knew in DC Super Hero High or whatever it was called before it was retooled into the current show. I'm glad Barbara chose to tell him in this situation. I was thinking how dangerous it is for the Gordons to not only be living at home but also for Jim to think he has to protect his daughter. It was good they weren't sharing a dorm room together, but Dent knew exactly where to find them. Luckily, things seemed to work out for them, and that's thanks to Barbara revealing that she's Batgirl. That was funny she slipped up and called him "Dad" as Batgirl a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I don't know what the issue was, Man-Bat makes for a damn good defense attorney.
    Poor Langstrom trying his best, but no one can understand him .
    Given how strong and deep Harley's friendship with Ivy is, I'm disappointed they are seemingly pulling the trigger on there being a romantic layer to it.
    Yeah...I mean, I knew the creators were going in this direction, but it felt like they had spent so much time developing them as a close friendship then a romance so the kiss felt a little out of left field.

Of course, strong relationships are built around strong friendships at times, but I don't think we've seen Harley and Ivy ever express interest in each other in a romantic sense so it felt like a bit of a jump.
    He knew in DC Super Hero High or whatever it was called before it was retooled into the current show. I'm glad Barbara chose to tell him in this situation. I was thinking how dangerous it is for the Gordons to not only be living at home but also for Jim to think he has to protect his daughter. It was good they weren't sharing a dorm room together, but Dent knew exactly where to find them. Luckily, things seemed to work out for them, and that's thanks to Barbara revealing that she's Batgirl. That was funny she slipped up and called him "Dad" as Batgirl a few times.
    Oh yeah. I guess that slipped my mind because nobody had a secret identity in that setting.

She's a rookie. Makes sense she'd slip up once or twice .

Yeah...I mean, I knew the creators were going in this direction, but it felt like they had spent so much time developing them as a close friendship then a romance so the kiss felt a little out of left field.

Of course, strong relationships are built around strong friendships at times, but I don't think we've seen Harley and Ivy ever express interest in each other in a romantic sense so it felt like a bit of a jump.
    I saw it as those two getting caught up in the moment. There was a look of WTF did we just do after the kiss. It will likely be the catalyst for the romance

Remember when Harley talked about having a line she wouldn't cross compared to Queen of Fables? I'd say bringing a bunch of Parademons to Gotham, who then proceed to kill a bunch of people, pretty firmly crosses that line. Especially when it's brought on because you won't admit you have feelings for you best friend who's about to get married. And then she just gives up and walks away with no comeuppance whatsoever (aside from being romantically crushed).

Also...I hold Batgirl partially responsible for all this.

Remember when Harley talked about having a line she wouldn't cross compared to Queen of Fables? I'd say bringing a bunch of Parademons to Gotham, who then proceed to kill a bunch of people, pretty firmly crosses that line. Especially when it's brought on because you won't admit you have feelings for you best friend who's about to get married. And then she just gives up and walks away with no comeuppance whatsoever (aside from being romantically crushed).

Also...I hold Batgirl partially responsible for all this.
    This was a funny episode but I agree.
    Yeah Harley Quinn’s moral code from that episode didn’t really line up with who she’s been shown to be before or since. Maybe if you squint a little but I wish they didn’t establish it in the first place. To quote Bane “too much of a thinker!” Also it seemed to frame Jim as being at fault for then slaughter? Yeah people died but he fought off a villainous parademon invasion, and he needed to take down Harley to get back into the United States. Not sure how he’s “the fool” on this one.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-22-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This was a funny episode but I agree.
    Yeah Harley Quinn’s moral code from that episode didn’t really line up with who she’s been shown to be before or since. Maybe if you squint a little but I wish they didn’t establish it in the first place. To quote Bane “too much of a thinker!” Also it seemed to frame Jim as being at fault for then slaughter? Yeah people died but he fought off a villainous parademon invasion, and he needed to take down Harley to get back into the United States. Not sure how he’s “the fool” on this one.
    Gordon was acting reasonably. I mean, he didn't want to bother at first, but Harley was the last major Supervillain in Gotham and she was originally taking down the Injustice League so she could be in charge. It makes sense to take her out in order to finally restore order to the city.

Batgirl was an idiot for thinking she should warn Harley instead of just letting her dad do her job. Harley may have taken down a few villains for her own ends, but she's still a criminal and a villain at the end of the day. Babs was working on an extremely skewed view of Harley.

Incredible Member

I think the show made a mistake with either Ivy/Kite Man or Harley/Ivy. If they were planning to go down the Harley/Ivy road from the beginning (and they sure weren't building up to it until now) then they shouldn't have invested all this time in Ivy and Kite Man, who have actually turned out to be cute and funny together.

And if they wound up liking Ivy and Kite Man together then they should have realized this is now the thing that's working and decided to just keep Harley and Ivy best friends for this version of them. There really wasn't any hint until the kiss in the last episode that either Harley or Ivy had romantic feelings or the other, and even went out of their way to make Ivy have real feelings for Kite Man. So insisting on the romantic aspect of the two of them feels like some kind of obligation they think they have to fulfill rather than arising naturally out of the story.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-25-2020 at 05:19 PM.

I think the easiest way to have pivoted this episode is have Kite Man be incredibly obedient to his horrible parents instead of rebelling. That could have laid the seeds for "Kite Mans actually a bit **** but we haven't seen it yet"