Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    They live in a Gotham where the Legion of Doom has a public headquarters, villains have award shows, and the Joker is the mayor. Standards are a bit different in this part of the multiverse.

And no one is giving Harley credit for inventing an apparently amazing new dish whose recipe is worth killing for?
    Or all the times they could've arrested Harley and Ivy and just...didn't.

Or how Babs practically fangirls over Harley for...dubious reasons.

Incredible Member

Season 4 trailer:

Man, Lex thicking the Ozone just to mess with Superman, is so Lex for this show.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

This show seems to gotten a lot tamer for some reason - less violent, less insightful or challenging on an emotional level, less clever, etc. I don't think it's just that we've gotten used to it either.

I just find it funny how Harley and Ivy are talking about being better together before separating to deal with their own plots again. I guess at least they're in better communication with each other this time?

I didn't have "Jim Gordon makes a Harley Quinn clone fused with a potato" on my bucket list but okay. I wonder why it is the clone was so justice/hero oriented compared to the original Harley? Was it just her frame of mind at the time of the cloning?

Am I the only one who sees Lex's hair and thinks Ra's Al Ghul?

Honestly I'd been kind of underestimating Lex but I have to applaud him coming up with a plan that both de-powered Superman and Ivy so they couldn't oppose him.

I love how they talked about teaming-up as crime-fighters but were just enjoying ice cream together rather than stopping most of the looting.

So Harley actually did kill Nightwing. I feel like the creators wrote him as such a dick to her to make you feel less bad about her killing him, or because the writers generally just don't like him, but watching the sequence play out and how Harley felt like she was on autopilot was kind of freaky.

I didn't expect to see Ivy's solution to stopping Lex involve...hobnobbing with his board of directors, including Riddler and Clock King. But hey, Ivy in a bikini!

It's nice to see the show still rope in Dr. Psycho when they need him for a mind-trip...even if they still beat him up because they don't care for him.

Did they forget Scott Porter voiced Flash in season 2? Or could they not get him to reprise? Not that I mind Zeno Robinson, I could just tell the voice was different. Unless you headcanon that Flash is Wally instead of Barry now, I mean...they did make a Kid Flash joke about his balls.

Everybody gets golf outfits! Ivy looked especially good in hers.

Jeez, these women just can't help but kill people, huh? Poor Clegg. Although I guess this is karma for making Ivy play up her feminine weakness, even if she didn't seem to mind it that much as it went along. Also Flash keeps a portable Cosmic Treadmill for quick time travel, but it seems like some events still happen no matter what, like Clegg dying.

I had a feeling Clone!Harley would try to arrest OG!Harley for killing Nightwing, and they'd set up that she was "off" because she was taking vastly minor crimes as seriously as major ones. Although it was kind of funny how both Harley's ended up handcuffing themselves...and not in a kinky way.

Harley continuing to corrupt Batgirl. I mean, I'm not surprised Harley would try to hide what she did from Babs, but trying to spin it so that Babs thinks the world is more "grey" to alleviate her own sense of guilt and make Babs just basically accept Harley just rubbed me the wrong way. Oh and I guess Babs thinks it's okay to kill murderers at this point.

Harley's save from the first episode comes through for Ivy! Should I feel bad for Clegg that his wife helped his killer...? Even if her reasons for supporting Ivy were legitimate. But even having gotten one over on Lex, it still feels like nothing's really been resolved.

Why am I not surprised the two Harley's ended up kissing? I'm almost surprised we didn't get a threesome with Ivy.

Harley really thinking she can get off scott free by blaming Nightwing's murder on her clone, huh? And Babs is so gullible she'll believe her. I guess quitting the Batfamily is her way of trying to take responsibility, but this is Harley we're talking about so it doesn't feel completely genuine. It just feels like she's bailing and not owning up to her mistakes for the umpteenth time.

I honestly didn't expect Babs to get Killing Joke'd so out of the blue. Guess Joker was that desperate to get his villain cred back and get payback on Batgirl. Will Babs be paralyzed now? Is she going to become Oracle? Will they do something completely different? I mean, with the Batfamily the way it is, who would she even Oracle for (other than...ugh, Harley)? Is Harley going to be on the warpath against Joker? Will Babs ever find out the truth about Harley?

Harley's back in her old costume and back to cracking skulls. I should've figured Joker's almost equally as psychotic family would try to protect him, but Harley threatening the kids was something.

Even Joker points out how repetitive these moments between him and Harley are getting. He kills someone she loves, she tries to but ultimately doesn't kill him...ultimately this season has just been repeating and resetting characters to a degree. Although to be honest I feel like this version of Babs, at this point, would've been fine with Harley killing Joker. Or at least I feel like Babs deserved to confront him herself.

I don't really like how they handled Babs' paralysis. It felt like we jumped ahead too quickly to her recovery and treating it fairly glibly rather than as such a pivotal and tragic moment for her character, but I guess that's the norm for the show. And she's still acting surly around Harley. Are they even really friends?

Why is she in the hospital as Batgirl instead of Barbara? So Harley can visit her without drawing attention to her? But her dad is there in the hospital too?

They even turn Gordon's grief into yet another comedy bit. I dunno, I know this show is primarily a comedy but I feel like some moments need to be treated with more gravity.

I'm not surprised at Livewire's first time, or that Ra's put Talia through an orgy, yet I'm surprised Veronica Cale's first was her husband. Actually I'm just surprised by her husband in general, he seems like a surprisingly chill and cool dude not at all intimidated by his wife's success.

Kind of underwhelmed that they made Ivy seemingly the only ambitious female villain while the rest are satisfied with still playing the game and not completely upending the patriarchy. Not sure that benefitted their characterization much.

This season has really not been kind to Superman. I was almost expecting Harley would leave him to die.

The Warsuit! I love how Lex basically rips-off Superman's power and hair. I can only imagine this is a continuity where Superman is responsible for Lex losing his hair. I also like how they didn't try to spin it that Harley and Ivy actually stood a chance against Superman, basically.

Okay, yeah, the Bat-Family was kind of hard on Harley and thought less of her...but Harley kind of brought it on herself at times and she basically validated every concern the Batfamily had about her when she killed Nightwing and covered it up. That was on her.

So Harley and Ivy are "outsiders" who don't fit with either the heroes or villains...I guess that's consistent with the shows' messaging and how all over the place both ladies can be, yet at the same time no matter how many times they try to spin it that Harley cares about civilians, they both seem like such awful people to anyone but themselves that I can't really buy it.

So his ward and adoptive son gets murdered...but the city getting lasered from the sky is when it's finally time for him to become Batman again and get out prison? Which he seemingly could've done at any moment? I don't even expect this to amount to much because the writers don't really treat Batman as anything more than comedy relief at this point. It doesn't feel like Bruce learned anything anyways.

Honestly I was thinking Harley and Ivy's rampant laser fire was going to cause the apocalypse they were responsible for.

Clayface totally survived that, right? I'm sure he did.

Poor Alfred. Gets busted for insider trading just so he can get into Blackgate...and Bruce is already gone. Though it seems like he expects Alfred to get out immediately so...status quo to be restored?

Do I want to know what's in store for Lex on Apokolips?

Harley leaving Joker for Gordon felt fitting enough, though, but I'm curious what Jim will actually do with him.

It's cool to see the Gotham City Sirens finally formed as a group in animation...but Catwoman's been such a no-show this season that it feels kind of random. Although considering Harley's crew evaporated, the Batfamily ended up falling apart once she joined, I wonder if there isn't a bright future ahead for the GSC.

Babs quitting the Batfamily to, I presume, become Oracle for the GCS just rings hollow to me, because you know it's because of Harley's influence but it just rings so artificial knowing how Harley is, how little their friendship really felt genuine this season, and that Harley lied to her about Nightwing's death. Now the last thing will probably come back to bite Harley next season, but as it is I really didn't like how they handled Babs this season.

Finally someone is revived with a Lazarus Pit! But we've barely seen Damian and Dick even interact this season so it just felt a little forced. I guess Talia and Dick will be the main antagonists next season? Though Nightwing has a genuine grudge against Harley, I can't help but think they'll still treat him as nothing more than a jerk with a nice butt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not surprised at Livewire's first time, or that Ra's put Talia through an orgy, yet I'm surprised Veronica Cale's first was her husband.
    You do know they were talking about their first Corporate Takeover, not sex, right?
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You do know they were talking about their first Corporate Takeover, not sex, right?
    So it was a metaphor ?

Kind of underwhelmed that they made Ivy seemingly the only ambitious female villain while the rest are satisfied with still playing the game and not completely upending the patriarchy. Not sure that benefitted their characterization much.

I don't really like how they handled Babs' paralysis. It felt like we jumped ahead too quickly to her recovery and treating it fairly glibly rather than as such a pivotal and tragic moment for her character, but I guess that's the norm for the show. And she's still acting surly around Harley. Are they even really friends?
    I actually liked that bit with the other "girl bosses." It felt true to life - sometimes when an outsider spends so much time and effort breaking into the system and finally get a seat at the table, the last thing they want to do is destroy that system. They worked too hard to get where they are just to bring it all down. I found it a scathing indictment of performative feminism.

With Barbara, I think her whole not wanting to not be treated like a victim mentality is a sign of her denial. (hence her being surly with Harley) We'll find out next season, but I think we'll see her trauma pop up there.(that seems true to form for this show - we might even see a bit of Dr Quinzel)

So it was a metaphor ?
    It was more of a misdirect where they made you think they were talking about sex, but they weren't.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-16-2023 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I actually liked that bit with the other "girl bosses." It felt true to life - sometimes when an outsider spends so much time and effort breaking into the system and finally get a seat at the table, the last thing they want to do is destroy that system. They worked too hard to get where they are just to bring it all down. I found it a scathing indictment of performative feminism.

With Barbara, I think her whole not wanting to not be treated like a victim mentality is a sign of her denial. (hence her being surly with Harley) We'll find out next season, but I think we'll see her trauma pop up there.(that seems true to form for this show - we might even see a bit of Dr Quinzel)
    I guess I'm just used to them in the comics feeling more ruthless and willing to break barriers. Especially Talia the way they're depicting her here.

I hope they're building up to a big blowup between Harley and Babs and not Babs just forgiving her for the Nightwing thing. But Harley is like Babs' biggest weakness in this show, she just makes her dumber.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have just binged all of S4 the last few days.
    It was a wonky season for sure.
    No Kite Man, guess he's prepping for his solo series.

It is such a fast and loose series that expecting it to take any lore serious is a flaw on the viewer. I've been primed for this with shows like Gotham, Pennyworth and Gotham Knights. This is just the first animated Batman adjacent series to be so glib.

Nightwing alive at the end thanks to the Lazaurs pit...of course!!

I'm watching for the comedy. It is a bit like taking American Dad or some such serious, this show isn't serious so just try to enjoy the satire, comedy and pratfalls. If you can't this isn't a show for you and you're probably not this far in cause you bailed long ago.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nightwing alive at the end thanks to the Lazaurs pit...of course!!
    Has Jason been mentioned on this show? Otherwise, I wonder if Dick will take a turn under the Red Hood. (if they manage to have Clayface pretend to be Dick pretending to be Hush, I'll give this show big props)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Has Jason been mentioned on this show? Otherwise, I wonder if Dick will take a turn under the Red Hood. (if they manage to have Clayface pretend to be Dick pretending to be Hush, I'll give this show big props)
    We know Joker killed a Robin and Harley had a "Jason" in her phone contacts (not that I could believe Jason would ever want anything to do with her).

We know Joker killed a Robin and Harley had a "Jason" in her phone contacts (not that I could believe Jason would ever want anything to do with her).
    It could be Jason Bard or even Jason Blood.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Given the love potion she buys from Etrigan in the Valentines special I could see Jason Blood as most plausible of the two....if its not Jason Todd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime