Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
I think the show made a mistake with either Ivy/Kite Man or Harley/Ivy. If they were planning to go down the Harley/Ivy road from the beginning (and they sure weren't building up to it until now) then they shouldn't have invested all this time in Ivy and Kite Man, who have actually turned out to be cute and funny together.

And if they would up liking Ivy and Kite Man together then they should have realized this is now the thing that's working and decided to just keep Harley and Ivy best friends for this version of them. There really wasn't any hint until the kiss in the last episode that either Harley or Ivy had romantic feelings or the other, and even went out of their way to make Ivy have real feelings for Kite Man. So insisting on the romantic aspect of the two of them feels like some kind of obligation they think they have to fulfill rather than arising naturally out of the story.
I do think to some degree the show has kind of jumped a little too quickly into Harley and Ivy as a romantic pairing when they've spent more time building them up more as a believable and close friendship in my opinion.