Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The latest episode of the show has become my favorite so far. This show needs more Batman and Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The latest episode of the show has become my favorite so far. This show needs more Batman and Bane.
    I like how everyone is available and no one is off limits, unlike live action where there is either a studio embargo or the character isn't deemed worthy enough for including. Where else do the likes of Kite Man show up?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I like how everyone is available and no one is off limits, unlike live action where there is either a studio embargo or the character isn't deemed worthy enough for including. Where else do the likes of Kite Man show up?
    Maybe there's hope for Ed Peale, aka, The Gong!

Okay So Sy Fy is showing the first four episodes tonight. I watched the first two. I am enjoying the show for the most part. I dont like all the F Bombs. Like every other word is an F Bomb. But it is still wachable.

I have to say Poison Ivy makes the show. She is the best character on there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm not sure how I feel about the framing device with the two geeks watching the show. It felt too...strawman, maybe? Like they took all the possible criticisms against the show and put them in the mouth of the most unlikable hypocritical type of fan possible.

Given the low episode count, I wonder why they wanted an episode without Harley or her friends at all? This bit with Batman and Batgirl could've been a subplot of some sorts. I can't remember if it was said, but, where is Damian? Or is Robin busy elsewhere with the Teen Titans or something? At least we got to see Alfred suit up. And...wow, that was something.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the framing device with the two geeks watching the show. It felt too...strawman, maybe? Like they took all the possible criticisms against the show and put them in the mouth of the most unlikable hypocritical type of fan possible.

Given the low episode count, I wonder why they wanted an episode without Harley or her friends at all? This bit with Batman and Batgirl could've been a subplot of some sorts. I can't remember if it was said, but, where is Damian? Or is Robin busy elsewhere with the Teen Titans or something? At least we got to see Alfred suit up. And...wow, that was something.
    I like to think that creators are aware how unlikable they made Harley in the Mr. Freeze episode and gave Batman an episode to take the heat off her.

I wonder where Damien is too. He did show up this season dressed up in the Batsuit so he's gonna be somewhere.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I didn't love this week's episode. I mean, there was lots to love about it but, c'mon, Batman has already had like 15 animated shows, he didn't need to take over an entire episode of Harley's show. I missed the regular characters. Interspersing his return over an episode or three with Harley and co's adventures would have been way better.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I wonder where Damien is too. He did show up this season dressed up in the Batsuit so he's gonna be somewhere.
    Considering how incapable this version of Robin is, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce forbid him from doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I didn't love this week's episode. I mean, there was lots to love about it but, c'mon, Batman has already had like 15 animated shows, he didn't need to take over an entire episode of Harley's show. I missed the regular characters. Interspersing his return over an episode or three with Harley and co's adventures would have been way better.
    Honestly this episode convinced me I'd watch a Batfamily spinoff .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Eh, I don’t think giving Harley a break for one episode was a bad thing. I thought it was good to see what was going on in Gotham without her. Not everything revolves around her in Gotham. And loved Alfred as “The Macaroni” lol

Incredible Member

I loved this episode.

I actually genuinely wish this show wasn't about Harley. It should be about everyone in Gotham and go back and forth btw lots of different characters, so we can get their take on all of them. Or hey, it could be the whole DC universe even, not just Gotham.

It did seem odd to me that Batman had a whole episode and there wasn't even a mention of Damian. You'd think he'd be happy to see his dad or vice versa.

The latest episode was lame. I didn't like how how feral a pre-Harley Ivy seemed to be.

I feel like we've seen Harley's origin as Joker's therapist who falls for him so many times, but this one was more in depth. Sure, there were elements of what we usually get (Joker nicknaming her "Harley", the idea of her writing a tell-all book, Joker lying about his childhood, etc), but I liked Harley using her skills to get info out of the Joker. Yes, Joker was using her and misleading her, but Batman and Gordon's techniques didn't get the "Little Italy" out of him.

That's interesting Joker knows the name "Jason Todd". I remember in the comics him figuring out the Robin he killed was named "Jason", but that was as far as it went. You'd think knowing Jason Todd would lead him to discover Batman's secret, which he definitely didn't know on this show. Then again, he never wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I actually genuinely wish this show wasn't about Harley. It should be about everyone in Gotham and go back and forth btw lots of different characters, so we can get their take on all of them. Or hey, it could be the whole DC universe even, not just Gotham.
    The problem is, if we didn't have Harley as the POV character, the show couldn't be as funny as it is. If there was a Gotham Anthology show and this was the version of Jim Gordon they were going with, I'd be upset. But in a Harley Quinn-focused show? I love this version of Gordon!

The latest episode was lame. I didn't like how how feral a pre-Harley Ivy seemed to be.
    She...really hated humans, didn't she? I liked seeing the beginning of Harley and Ivy's relationship.
    Last edited by 90'sCartoonMan; 05-10-2020 at 11:56 PM.

I feel like we've seen Harley's origin as Joker's therapist who falls for him so many times, but this one was more in depth. Sure, there were elements of what we usually get (Joker nicknaming her "Harley", the idea of her writing a tell-all book, Joker lying about his childhood, etc), but I liked Harley using her skills to get info out of the Joker. Yes, Joker was using her and misleading her, but Batman and Gordon's techniques didn't get the "Little Italy" out of him.
    I'm still kind of wondering how she fell for him in this continuity because she really seemed ticked he used her in this episode. Of course, she also hates Dent now so...
    That's interesting Joker knows the name "Jason Todd". I remember in the comics him figuring out the Robin he killed was named "Jason", but that was as far as it went. You'd think knowing Jason Todd would lead him to discover Batman's secret, which he definitely didn't know on this show. Then again, he never wanted to know.
    Did Gordon and Harvey not hear Joker mention Jason Todd? I mean, Dent only cares about the politics and Gordon is too much in love with Batman to care about his identity, but it felt weird no one commented on it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I really enjoyed the latest episode. Definitely some shades of Sejic's Harleen mini but much more irreverent and wacky.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.