Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I never felt like Psycho was connecting with the other members of the crew. He was very much the friend that no one liked. Honestly, it's surprising he stuck with them for this long. I would think he would have ditch once he got back into the legion of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I never felt like Psycho was connecting with the other members of the crew. He was very much the friend that no one liked. Honestly, it's surprising he stuck with them for this long. I would think he would have ditch once he got back into the legion of doom.
    I'm surprised Harley ever bothered with him knowing full well his opinion of women and the fact that he basically raped Giganta (mind-controlled her into marrying him and then they had a kid).

I guess his powers were that useful but still...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised Harley ever bothered with him knowing full well his opinion of women and the fact that he basically raped Giganta (mind-controlled her into marrying him and then they had a kid).

I guess his powers were that useful but still...
    Harley recruited him because he was a former member of the Legion. Getting a big name villain was a big boon for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Harley recruited him because he was a former member of the Legion. Getting a big name villain was a big boon for her.
    Yeah, she was very clear with what she wanted from Psycho: She wanted his power and his name, beyond that she could give a shit.

It's weird to think that the Justice League that vanished was only Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern. There should've been plenty of other heroes who could've helped Gotham. Aquaman, Zatana, Mr. Miracle, and Batman (sorta) were still around.

So Joker actually enjoyed living that other life? That's gotta be a blow to Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It's weird to think that the Justice League that vanished was only Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern. There should've been plenty of other heroes who could've helped Gotham. Aquaman, Zatana, Mr. Miracle, and Batman (sorta) were still around.

So Joker actually enjoyed living that other life? That's gotta be a blow to Harley.
    I'm sure there were other members but the core justice league I feel are the only ones batman trust enough to ask for help in his hometown.

Joker likes to screw with ppl, so I'm sure he picked up on how screwed up Harley's love life is and so he's only giving it a shot with beth is to screw with her and maybe Batman too. He's an unhinged jackass, so this is right up his alley.

Also, does anyone else feel devastated for Kite Man once you know Harley's so called love for Ivy is what saves her from Psycho. I wonder are they gonna be brutal about it or will they let him down easy. Either way it'll be messy for both parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Not to mention, why do Green Lantern and Zatana still not get any lines? Zatanna's whole magic is based around saying spells backwards .
    Even if I can believe on face-value that Joker can have genuine feelings for someone, since the point of the first season finale was that he did love Harley to some extent, I really can't believe he could have a healthy or stable relationship with someone or that said someone would be willing to have The Joker near herself and her kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Also, does anyone else feel devastated for Kite Man once you know Harley's so called love for Ivy is what saves her from Psycho. I wonder are they gonna be brutal about it or will they let him down easy. Either way it'll be messy for both parties involved.
    Kite Man deserves better .

Even if I can believe on face-value that Joker can have genuine feelings for someone, since the point of the first season finale was that he did love Harley to some extent, I really can't believe he could have a healthy or stable relationship with someone or that said someone would be willing to have The Joker near herself and her kids.
    This is also an alternate universe where the Legion of Doom can have an open headquarters, rent out the Gotham Mint for a Bar Mitzvah, and even sue a sex shop over copyright infringement. Joker can openly date a woman in a world like this.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    It's a little early to feel sorry for Kite Man, there's no guarantee that she's going to leave him for Harley even if they love each other. My Best Friend's Wedding established something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    This is also an alternate universe where the Legion of Doom can have an open headquarters, rent out the Gotham Mint for a Bar Mitzvah, and even sue a sex shop over copyright infringement. Joker can openly date a woman in a world like this.
    I mean, yeah, but I just can't imagine it being healthy or abiding by common sense .

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post

It's a little early to feel sorry for Kite Man, there's no guarantee that she's going to leave him for Harley even if they love each other. My Best Friend's Wedding established something like this
    I'm feeling for Kite Man, definitely. Those last few moments certainly were a kick in the feels for him. And it goes to show how well the show worked with characters. If you look at the comments for Kite Man, tons of people have been feeling sorry for him, even those who totally shipped Harley/Ivy.

So what happens now? Show's not going to end the Harley/Ivy relationship. That's real stuff right there. So Kite Man either accepts it and moves on. Or he dies heroically. Or he gets bitter and show's turns into the antagonist for next season (which, ugh, I hope doesn't happens, but it offers real juicy story potential. Going hurt though for Kite Man fans ).
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'm feeling for Kite Man, definitely. Those last few moments certainly were a kick in the feels for him. And it goes to show how well the show worked with characters. If you look at the comments for Kite Man, tons of people have been feeling sorry for him, even those who totally shipped Harley/Ivy.
    Oh, yeah, that was brutal. It also hadn't happened as of when I posted that.

So what happens now? Show's not going to end the Harley/Ivy relationship. That's real stuff right there. So Kite Man either accepts it and moves on. Or he dies heroically. Or he gets bitter and show's turns into the antagonist for next season (which, ugh, I hope doesn't happens, but it offers real juicy story potential. Going hurt though for Kite Man fans ).
    Maybe he accepts it and moves on. Maybe he and Ivy realize that just because she has feelings doesn't mean she has to act on them. Maybe they make a throupple or have an open marriage. We have seven days until we find out

Kite Man...Kite Man is just too good and wholesome for this show. Like he's genuine in his love for Ivy and in wanting to help, hapless and bumbling as he is, and he tries his best. He just seems like such a great guy, even if he is kind of dorky and embarrassing. It's so sad knowing that things just aren't going to work out for him and how much the woman he loves has betrayed him at this point. He's so wholesome that he accidentally copped a feel on Harley and apologized for it, and she didn't take his head off for it.

Who would have thought Clayface and King Shark would be more dangerous under mind control then they ever were before? Even Batman thought they shouldn't take them seriously until they started seriously attacking. Clayface was finally as dangerous as...well, Clayface. Of course the heroes still defeat them like common Supervillains, so I guess that's karma for you.

I guess Harley's realization that maybe she's not really a Supervillain or a bad guy tracks with how reactionary and all over the place her character has been...at the same time she seemed to really enjoy committing crimes and hurting people, so I have to wonder how genuine we're supposed to view this. I feel like if she were really willing to change she'd start by paying her real dues for her crimes, but I doubt that's going to happen. Are we getting hero Harley here? I'm not sure how I'll feel about it or how far the show is willing to commit to her changing.

Incredible Member

Kite Man...Kite Man is just too good and wholesome for this show. Like he's genuine in his love for Ivy and in wanting to help, hapless and bumbling as he is, and he tries his best. He just seems like such a great guy, even if he is kind of dorky and embarrassing. It's so sad knowing that things just aren't going to work out for him and how much the woman he loves has betrayed him at this point. He's so wholesome that he accidentally copped a feel on Harley and apologized for it, and she didn't take his head off for it.

Who would have thought Clayface and King Shark would be more dangerous under mind control then they ever were before? Even Batman thought they shouldn't take them seriously until they started seriously attacking. Clayface was finally as dangerous as...well, Clayface. Of course the heroes still defeat them like common Supervillains, so I guess that's karma for you.

I guess Harley's realization that maybe she's not really a Supervillain or a bad guy tracks with how reactionary and all over the place her character has been...at the same time she seemed to really enjoy committing crimes and hurting people, so I have to wonder how genuine we're supposed to view this. I feel like if she were really willing to change she'd start by paying her real dues for her crimes, but I doubt that's going to happen. Are we getting hero Harley here? I'm not sure how I'll feel about it or how far the show is willing to commit to her changing.
    She's murdered so many people that I'd be annoyed if they didn't acknowledge that and just decided she's a hero now.

I feel bad for Kite Man.

CBR gets it wrong again:
    https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-poison-ivy-true-love/

The show CLEARLY presented the "true love's kiss" cure as a red herring because that would have been too easy. Psycho lost his grip on Ivy when they kissed because he was getting turned on and distracted by the "girl on girl action." I applaud the show for not flinching from actual emotional repercussions of the characters' actions and not giving anyone an easy out. Ivy will just have to make up her mind on her own and deal with breaking someone's heart. There's no "right" answer or objective proof of "true love." To say the show is presenting otherwise is a disservice to their mature and nuanced handling of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    CBR gets it wrong again:
    https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-poison-ivy-true-love/

The show CLEARLY presented the "true love's kiss" cure as a red herring because that would have been too easy. Psycho lost his grip on Ivy when they kissed because he was getting turned on and distracted by the "girl on girl action." I applaud the show for not flinching from actual emotional repercussions of the characters' actions and not giving anyone an easy out. Ivy will just have to make up her mind on her own and deal with breaking someone's heart. There's no "right" answer or objective proof of "true love." To say the show is presenting otherwise is a disservice to their mature and nuanced handling of these characters.
    ...Oh, I honestly thought it was True Love's Kiss that did it. I guess I didn't think that much of Psycho's boner .