Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

What King Shark said about how Harley's crew dynamic being affected in a messy and complicated manner, probably goes double for what happened to the Justice League. Exactly what ended up happening between Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman's pecks on that rooftop? The mind can't help but wonder....
    Then again if Damian exists, this isn't the first time Batman's been drugged this way.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    What King Shark said about how Harley's crew dynamic being affected in a messy and complicated manner, probably goes double for what happened to the Justice League. Exactly what ended up happening between Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman's pecks on that rooftop? The mind can't help but wonder....
    Then again if Damian exists, this isn't the first time Batman's been drugged this way.
    I kind of imagine the next episode opening up with Batman and Wonder Woman naked on the roof and Superman still admiring his pecks...

Wow, that King Shark memory was dark. Funny, but dark. The Trinity had some funny moments as well. I think my favorite bit was Superman being offended that Wonder Woman thought he could speak parademon, but then actually being able to speak parademon.

As for Psycho exposing Harley and Ivy...yikes. All of Gotham was watching!

I didn't like Ivy with her vine arms. Felt too much like Dr. Octopus. Has Poison Ivy ever done anything like that before?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    So what happens now? Show's not going to end the Harley/Ivy relationship. That's real stuff right there. So Kite Man either accepts it and moves on. Or he dies heroically. Or he gets bitter and show's turns into the antagonist for next season (which, ugh, I hope doesn't happens, but it offers real juicy story potential. Going hurt though for Kite Man fans ).
    Maybe not the antagonist for next season, but...an antagonist? A worse villain could convince Kite Man that if he bumps off Harley that Ivy will come running back to him. Stupid and heartbroken, he would go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I didn't like Ivy with her vine arms. Felt too much like Dr. Octopus. Has Poison Ivy ever done anything like that before?
    Maybe not to that extent but I remember in Justice League Action she used her plants to make plant-based weapons like a spear or a whip. And didn't she do something like this during her fight with Batman last season?
    Maybe not the antagonist for next season, but...an antagonist? A worse villain could convince Kite Man that if he bumps off Harley that Ivy will come running back to him. Stupid and heartbroken, he would go along with it.
    Now that you mention it, Kite Man has to be the least villainous villain on this entire show. I mean, has he committed a single crime on-screen?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe not to that extent but I remember in Justice League Action she used her plants to make plant-based weapons like a spear or a whip. And didn't she do something like this during her fight with Batman last season?

Now that you mention it, Kite Man has to be the least villainous villain on this entire show. I mean, has he committed a single crime on-screen?
    He did have Harley help him steal a diamond so he can give it to Ivy only for Catwoman to steal it from him.

R.I.P. Kite Man and Ivy. It was ridiculously fun while it lasted. LOL

This might be unpopular but I think Ivy should have been the one to break things off instead of Kiteman. Don’t get me wrong while really cute at first, it’s become increasingly clear after the affair, the two were no good for each other. And while it’s nice that they threw Chuck a bone, I can’t help but feel it was at the expense of Ivy’s character. She strung him along to the bitter end because she felt guilty and pressured to stay with him. And then she ended up with Harley, not because she chose it, but because she once again got pressured into a relationship. I don’t know I feel like she lost agency for the sake of Harley and Kite-man’s arcs. If that makes sense.
    Still want a season 3 though.

This might be unpopular but I think Ivy should have been the one to break things off instead of Kiteman. Don’t get me wrong while really cute at first, it’s become increasingly clear after the affair, the two were no good for each other. And while it’s nice that they threw Chuck a bone, I can’t help but feel it was at the expense of Ivy’s character. She strung him along to the bitter end because she felt guilty and pressured to stay with him. And then she ended up with Harley, not because she chose it, but because she once again got pressured into a relationship. I don’t know I feel like she lost agency for the sake of Harley and Kite-man’s arcs. If that makes sense.
    I felt that Ivy genuinely liked Kite-man and wanted a relationship with him but they just wanted completely different lives.

I agree, but for different reasons. I was totally expecting Ivy to break it off because I didn't think she'd actually do something she didn't want to, but also because I thought this was the kind of show to not have any easy outs - to not just kill Kite-Man or to not have him do the "I understand you want something else" cliched thing from a million romantic comedies where the fiance gets dumped but the two heroes don't get to be the bad guys.("The Baxter" - that's what that cliche is called) I really thought this show wasn't the type to shy away from messy emotions like actually breaking a good man's heart. We didn't even get to see the immediate fallout from the end of last episode when Kite-Man found out the truth. I call foul on that -- for a show that has been great, it really let me down with this one, fairly important, point.

Also, great for Two-Face for playing Gordon v Harley and making a clean getaway.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-26-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Lots of cameos in this one, although I found myself oddly distracted by Livewire's butt. Like, wow .

I honestly found Kite Man finally having enough and telling off both Harley and Ivy more satisfying then the Harley/Ivy getting together part, although fans of the relationship will probably disagree. Seeing the two of them get together while on the run from the police in their car straight from the "Harley and Ivy" episode in B:TAS was pretty awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I felt that Ivy genuinely liked Kite-man and wanted a relationship with him but they just wanted completely different lives.
    I mean, what a waste that she went through all this effort for the wedding, right down to killing Condiment King, if she still had doubts about the relationship.

Granted, I don't think Kite Man should've thrown out the "4 kids" thing during the vows.

Lots of cameos in this one, although I found myself oddly distracted by Livewire's butt. Like, wow .

I honestly found Kite Man finally having enough and telling off both Harley and Ivy more satisfying then the Harley/Ivy getting together part, although fans of the relationship will probably disagree. Seeing the two of them get together while on the run from the police in their car straight from the "Harley and Ivy" episode in B:TAS was pretty awesome though.

I mean, what a waste that she went through all this effort for the wedding, right down to killing Condiment King, if she still had doubts about the relationship.

Granted, I don't think Kite Man should've thrown out the "4 kids" thing during the vows.
    that's kinda my problem with where we leave Ivy, the show seems to be using her rejecting Kiteman multiple times as a red flag that her heart's not in it. But then she's rejected Harley at least as many times. We see she has a weakness with caving her own needs for Kiteman's because he's a cinemon roll and gives her puppy eyes. But that's pretty much also her dynamic with Harley, she's also keeps doing the puppy dog eyes thing. I don't really see Harley as a step up for her, besides maybe the angle that they might be more in sync with what they want out of a relationship. But I don't know if Ivy's ever vocalized what she wants, while we know exactly what Harley and Kiteman want.
    Again great season, but I think Ivy's kinda the weak link in an otherwise pretty interesting love triangle.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I really like the Harley/ Ivy pairing but I'm glad that Kite Man was the one to break it off. Gotta feel for the dude but glad that he was the one who realized what needed to be done.

Regardless, apparently this show's future is up in the air what with everything DC being so up in the air right now but, man, do I hope we get many more seasons of this. This episode was a good finale if that's what it turns out to be but I'm really not ready to say goodbye to this awesome show yet. It has been such a pleasant surprise.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked that Kite Man broke it off. It's like the second time on the show we actually see him hold his ground. Being the one that put the most into the relationship he should be the one to call it off.

Pretty good finale. They managed to tie up No Man's Land and the Apokolips invasion before the emotional finale with the wedding (which also completes Gordon's story...he may have been played by Two-Face, but at least he got the GCPD back under his command).

Ivy having Frank eat Condiment King and his fiance and Clayface thinking Catwoman's date was Tim Burton were the funniest bits.

I must've been off my game because I was confusing Livewire and Killer Frost (at least until they started using their powers), and I have no idea who the blond guy in red was. I kept thinking Android Human Torch. I did like seeing Space Cabbie.

that's kinda my problem with where we leave Ivy, the show seems to be using her rejecting Kiteman multiple times as a red flag that her heart's not in it. But then she's rejected Harley at least as many times. We see she has a weakness with caving her own needs for Kiteman's because he's a cinemon roll and gives her puppy eyes. But that's pretty much also her dynamic with Harley, she's also keeps doing the puppy dog eyes thing. I don't really see Harley as a step up for her, besides maybe the angle that they might be more in sync with what they want out of a relationship. But I don't know if Ivy's ever vocalized what she wants, while we know exactly what Harley and Kiteman want.
    Again great season, but I think Ivy's kinda the weak link in an otherwise pretty interesting love triangle.
    I agree. The only time Ivy seems actually happy is when she's being an eco -errorist. While her friendship with Harley is genuine, and she did come to respect Kite Man, she doesn't seem that interested in having a romance with anyone. Hopefully next season will give Ivy more agency because otherwise, I don't see her and Harley getting together as being a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Pretty good finale. They managed to tie up No Man's Land and the Apokolips invasion before the emotional finale with the wedding (which also completes Gordon's story...he may have been played by Two-Face, but at least he got the GCPD back under his command).
    I was honestly surprised he hired back the men (and Cheryl) who abandoned him for Bane. You'd think he'd have locked them up along with Two-Face after it was all over. I guess he's just that desperate for officers.
    I must've been off my game because I was confusing Livewire and Killer Frost (at least until they started using their powers), and I have no idea who the blond guy in red was. I kept thinking Android Human Torch. I did like seeing Space Cabbie.
    It was Tommy Tomorrow.