Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Caught up with the new episodes. I still really enjoy it, but it feels like Harley is a supporting character in her own show. She's been so eager to please Poison Ivy that it's Ivy driving most of the action, there's more screentime for Batfamily subplots, and then we got an all-Joker episode where Harley is only in the last scene and doesn't get any lines.

I think this last one did a much better job letting Harley do her own thing.
    To be fair, Harley is the one pushing Ivy to drive the action. Harley is pushing Ivy to do things she never thought she was capable of doing. Harley being supportive is a nice change of pace.

I want to more of this show version of Damien and Nightwing. They've been underused so far. Barbara goody two shoes act is too annoying to be likable. Bruce pining over Selina is hilarious though. I'm hoping Selina eventually changes because prolonging her "I don't care" attitude could make her insufferable.

These last two episodes have a severe lack of Bane. This needs to be fixed

My issue with this season so far:

- Feels like they've shifted much more to comedy than action this season. This current episode probably had the most action of the entire season so far.

- Too much of the plot relying on characters acting dumb for the sake of comedy. To the point of doubling-down on bits with characters that it felt like we had moved past by this point. I feel like the whole Jim Gordon/Two-Face plot was the most obvious in that respect.

- I just don't love Harley and Ivy as a romance. I know it has its fans, but Harley still seems extremely co-dependent and I don't quite get what Ivy sees in Harley other than Harley being so focused on her. Which I guess is enough? And unlike Kite-Man Harley doesn't have as many expectations for Ivy. But I just don't care for it as much as others do.

- The main cast feel increasingly disconnected from each other. Instead of a crew it just feels like people who live together at this point, and Harley can't even call King Shark or Clayface her friends.

- Catwoman is kind of a @#$%^ and that makes Bruce simping so hard for her feel hollow and just making him look super pathetic. I didn't really like them establishing that she and Ivy had knocked boots either.

- Barbara Gordon becoming a Joker cheerleader and wanting to be pals with Harley, which almost makes her come off as desperate as Bruce. They would re-record Nightwing mentioning Tarantula killing Blockbuster because of what happened there in the comics there but would still have Barbara supporting the guy who many know for crippling her?

- Batgirl not even blinking at Harley murdering Mad Hatter in front of her and letting her go so she can then kidnap her boss. I get Hatter was a creep and perv, but what about justice?

I don't care about Harley and Ivy being a couple myself. Their relationship is better when they are friends with benefits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't care about Harley and Ivy being a couple myself. Their relationship is better when they are friends with benefits.
    At least for me, the moment Harley ends up in a happy, healthy relationship, that's probably the day her story will "end" and what makes her work as a character probably won't any longer. I'm in no rush to see it.

I recently discovered this show and I love it. I am not big on Harley, but I do love Batman, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, and Kaley Cuoco.

Incredible Member

Was wondering if anyone would think enough about this show to bump the thread. Took 7 episodes! I'm sure this show has its fans, but I'm not sure what audience it's really going for.

As someone that enjoys South Park and Beavis and Butthead, I'm not a novice to crude humor, but IMHO those shows actually have some truly funny elements to go along with the crudeness whereas this show seems to do it just "to do it". It also seems kinda off watching a simp Batman, which I wouldn't mind too much, but it's more sad than funny seeing him that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Was wondering if anyone would think enough about this show to bump the thread. Took 7 episodes! I'm sure this show has its fans, but I'm not sure what audience it's really going for.

As someone that enjoys South Park and Beavis and Butthead, I'm not a novice to crude humor, but IMHO those shows actually have some truly funny elements to go along with the crudeness whereas this show seems to do it just "to do it". It also seems kinda off watching a simp Batman, which I wouldn't mind too much, but it's more sad than funny seeing him that way.
    It's sadder seeing Selina of all people treat him like that. DC have really hurt her character the last decade or so, even the pro-Bat/Cat stuff in King's comics had instances of Simpish behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

The whole cartoon is seen through Harley's point of view. This isn't Batman as he really is. This is Batman as Harley sees him.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The whole cartoon is seen through Harley's point of view. This isn't Batman as he really is. This is Batman as Harley sees him.
    How does this work for scenes where Harley clearly isn't present? Last episode didn't have her in it at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think it's easier to just place this cartoon happening on "Earth H" in a universe all to itself.

Incredible Member

Judging by the way E4 treated season two I am not hopeful of ever seeing season 3 in the UK.

This show has been renewed for a fourth season.

Incredible Member

Looks like it has a new show runner as well.

https://gizmodo.com/harley-quinn-ren...ics-1849478707

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This show has been renewed for a fourth season.
    https://twitter.com/dcharleyquinn/st...Un9TucKJw&s=19

Praise Cthulhu

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Barbara goody two shoes act is too annoying to be likable.
    I think I like Barbara more than Dick, and she has been getting much more screentime than Damien. Barbara and Harley together amuse me, I guess the Cuocos bring their real-life sister dynamic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I just don't love Harley and Ivy as a romance. I know it has its fans, but Harley still seems extremely co-dependent and I don't quite get what Ivy sees in Harley other than Harley being so focused on her. Which I guess is enough? And unlike Kite-Man Harley doesn't have as many expectations for Ivy. But I just don't care for it as much as others do.
    I'm hoping Harley becomes stronger and more confident because the co-dependency makes her very eager to please Ivy, but I don't know. I like Ivy and all, but she does seem to care for plants more than the humans she's in an actual relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - The main cast feel increasingly disconnected from each other. Instead of a crew it just feels like people who live together at this point, and Harley can't even call King Shark or Clayface her friends.
    I guess when you have James Gunn and Billy Bob Thornton available for a Clayface subplot, that's where he's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's sadder seeing Selina of all people treat him like that. DC have really hurt her character the last decade or so, even the pro-Bat/Cat stuff in King's comics had instances of Simpish behaviour
    I don't like this side of Bruce, but it makes sense given how fiercely independent Selina is. I always go back to the Michelle Pfeiffer version who says she would love to live in Bruce's castle but she wouldn't be able to live with herself. If the Music Meister can't save their relationship, what can?