Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

It's not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. Kite-Man makes me laugh and I am completely on board with Bader-Bats. Love him voicing the character.

The plethora of F-bombs is unnecessary and fairly jarring at the rate they are spat out. I mean I get it, you can say ****, cool, I dont need it every other word. Thats what quickly turned me of Suits. They could say ****, bullshit, every iteration of the word and i swear it felt like it was used every five minutes. It was like this 'hey we can say ****, look at us we're edgy, USA TV is edgy now!!!!' don't need it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The plethora of F-bombs is unnecessary and fairly jarring at the rate they are spat out. I mean I get it, you can say ****, cool, I dont need it every other word. Thats what quickly turned me of Suits. They could say ****, bullshit, every iteration of the word and i swear it felt like it was used every five minutes. It was like this 'hey we can say ****, look at us we're edgy, USA TV is edgy now!!!!' don't need it.
    Yes the language is jarring. Real people (even crazy criminals) don't throw the F-Bombs that often in the real world. No one talks that way.

That said, I've found myself laughing several times this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Was it ever established that Harley is from New Yawk? I think the original idea was Harley was supposed to harken back to the bimbo gun molls of the 1930s gangster movies. But now that Harley is no
    longer the Joker's paramour maybe it is okay that Harley is her own woman and sounds like she is from Camarillo.
    Gotham is basically a New York equivalent so it's not unheard of that she would have that kind of accent. It helps her voice stand out.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yes the language is jarring. Real people (even crazy criminals) don't throw the F-Bombs that often in the real world. No one talks that way.

I dunno. I feel like most media depict this similar amount of F-bombs to seem more "realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Um, right. Still haven't watched the show but I just wanted to say: I know a lot of people (including myself) who swear all the damn time.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Um, right. Still haven't watched the show but I just wanted to say: I know a lot of people (including myself) who swear all the damn time.
    My wife swears like a sailor, but her every 5th word isn't an f-bomb and thats what it feels like on this show.

My wife swears like a sailor, but her every 5th word isn't an f-bomb and thats what it feels like on this show.
    Fair enough.

It's not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. Kite-Man makes me laugh and I am completely on board with Bader-Bats. Love him voicing the character.

Kaley Cuoco (who is also executive producer) said the are actually limited in the amount of Fs they can use on the show. She said she would like to use even more, but has to limit herself to give the other actors a
    chance to use Fs so all the Fs aren't used up. She says she is having a blast getting to scream and curse and just go crazy and get paid to do it. Plus she doesn't have to wear make-up. I am not sure she is trying
    to be edgy so much as she gets to let herself go. The most she got to uses on The Big Bang Theory was the occasional son of a bitch or bastard. And that wasn't even that often.

It was jarring to me during the first scene, but once accustomed to it I barely notice the F-bombs now.

I have to check this out as I heard it was funny. Wonder if Bat's will show up as it would be lulz worthy to have him drop endless F bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I have to check this out as I heard it was funny. Wonder if Bat's will show up as it would be lulz worthy to have him drop endless F bombs.
    Not my kind of humour, but it might float your boat. Batman's in the show, but he's portrayed as extremely straight-man, arguably even puritan.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not my kind of humour, but it might float your boat. Batman's in the show, but he's portrayed as extremely straight-man, arguably even puritan.
    I don't know where puritan comes in (a teaser for the next episode alludes to him and Catwoman having sex), but he's definitely a straight-man. Which makes Diedrich Bader the perfect choice to return to play him .

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kaley Cuoco (who is also executive producer) said the are actually limited in the amount of Fs they can use on the show. She said she would like to use even more, but has to limit herself to give the other actors a
    chance to use Fs so all the Fs aren't used up. She says she is having a blast getting to scream and curse and just go crazy and get paid to do it. Plus she doesn't have to wear make-up. I am not sure she is trying
    to be edgy so much as she gets to let herself go. The most she got to uses on The Big Bang Theory was the occasional son of a bitch or bastard. And that wasn't even that often.
    So if the "****" quota is real, then at some point, they may literally have no more "fucks" to give.

Clearly, the C-word is still verboten. It was a clever workaround though that they only had Psycho say it on tv, so it wasn't the show that censored the word, it was the tv shows in the tv show that bleeped it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I will definitely check this now just to see how it is lol. But if it's nothing for swearing for the sake of swearing and no good story archs, I will lose interest fairly quickly.

Incredible Member

Saw Bruce Timm's name in the credits as a producer, so I guess he is involved with this animation as well.