Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I will definitely check this now just to see how it is lol. But if it's nothing for swearing for the sake of swearing and no good story archs, I will lose interest fairly quickly.
    It's really a comedy/sitcom style show, so if you like that kind of show (and don't mind seeing the Bat Universe acting out of character ridiculous at times) then it's for you.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Man, this episode did Damien no favors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Most realistic portrayal of Damien ever. :P

(That's exactly how I pictured him in real life...minus the lethal fighting skills)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Most realistic portrayal of Damien ever. :P

(That's exactly how I pictured him in real life...minus the lethal fighting skills)
    He definitely sounded the most age appropriate of Damian's depictions, but he is seemingly nowhere near as competent as he is in the comics (even though they mention he was raised by assassins).

I love this series, but the last episode with Gordon and Clayface's hand was just too much. Is that supposed to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I love this series, but the last episode with Gordon and Clayface's hand was just too much. Is that supposed to be funny?
    I think that was the intention. Humor is subjective. I got a kick out of it, the absurdity of a hand taking on a child like persona and become best friends with Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think that was the intention. Humor is subjective. I got a kick out of it, the absurdity of a hand taking on a child like persona and become best friends with Gordon.
    If you say so, this episode was a complete U-turn for me personally compared to the previous episodes. Those episodes did align with my humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I loved the last episode. How can Gordon not be unhinged and lonely with all the crap he has to put up with? He needed a friend no matter what form it took. It made him very sympathetic

I loved the last episode. How can Gordon not be unhinged and lonely with all the crap he has to put up with? He needed a friend no matter what form it took. It made him very sympathetic
    With what Gordon and his wife are like, I have to wonder what this show's take on Batgirl is going to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With what Gordon and his wife are like, I have to wonder what this show's take on Batgirl is going to be like.
    Crossing my fingers she ain't Batgirl. The show's dark humor would work better with a crippled Barbara.

Queen of Fables reminded me of Todd from the Office. You have a protagonist who does some messed up stuff, so you introduce a supposedly worse character who really just does the same stuff the Michael and his crew do, only they act really shocked when Todd does basically the same stuff. I like this show and the office but I never liked that trope. It seem like a very manipulative and disengenuous way to make the protagonist seem more sympathetic that they are. Pretty sure Harley, Psycho, King Shark and the plant guy in the apartment killed their share of innocents. And like, that’s fine, they’re villains. But why is the Queen of Fables so much worse than them?

Incredible Member

Yeah, I don't like it when they try to pretend Harley ISN'T a real bad guy. I mean, from the show so far it looks to me like she's killed plenty of people. And doesn't Joker constantly kill innocent people? So her "i don't kill innocent people" thing seems like bullshit. That's what villains do.

And one of the reasons I was liking the show is because it didn't seem to me like it was pretending that Harley isn't a real villain (she IS and I hate it when people try to turn her into some kind of antihero or something). She can't be the Joker's girlfriend and not also be a murderer.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 01-10-2020 at 02:46 PM.

She reminds me of mafia types, who think of themselves as good guys because they only kill people who are either "in the life" or who "know the score". Which is to say other mobsters, people who borrow from loansharks and don't pay up, and people who are generally at least tangentially part of mafia corruption. It's a load of B.S. of course, since the people who are more tangentially part of mafia corruption have often been intimidated into being so. And while they may try to just hold up security guards rather than killing them, it's not like they won't kill them if things go south.

That said, I can see why she would consider herself morally superior to blatant serial-killers. She'd be wrong, but I do understand the mindset.

Crossing my fingers she ain't Batgirl. The show's dark humor would work better with a crippled Barbara.
    Batgirl is in the show. She's going to be voiced by Kaley Cuoco's sister Briana.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Yeah, I don't like it when they try to pretend Harley ISN'T a real bad guy. I mean, from the show so far it looks to me like she's killed plenty of people. And doesn't Joker constantly kill innocent people? So her "i don't kill innocent people" thing seems like bullshit. That's what villains do.

And one of the reasons I was liking the show is because it didn't seem to me like it was pretending that Harley isn't a real villain (she IS and I hate it when people try to turn her into some kind of antihero or something). She can't be the Joker's girlfriend and not also be a murderer.
    I don't doubt that's why when the show starts, she's helping Joker rip off criminals, rather than taking part in one of Joker's "mass murder for shits and giggles" kind of plans.