Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I hope the show gets better.... Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it could use better animation, and better writing. I mean, My brother actually looked at me and asked "Can they really stretch this out into a multi-season show?", and i see his point.
    If you're paying attention you'll notice that she has to learn that Joker is a POS like three times, and that she needs to stop being selfish and take better care of her crew at least twice.

if they're already repeating themselves character arch wise, that's not a good sign. People will only tune in so often to see a character learn the same lesson so many times before they decide "I'm not paying 8$ a month for this?"

I hope thats not too negative. I really do like the show, and for all intents and purposes, this was a solid first season, but if they want to exist beyond the twenty-some episodes they were green lit for, they need to bring more to the table..
    Last edited by BatPerson; 03-01-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm just glad Bane survived .

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I can't wait! This show is the perfect remedy for the COVID-19 blues!

(Even if, like me, you live outside the US and can only watch it through... less than legal means...)
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm surprised there's been no talk of the second season yet.

The Mr. Freeze episode made me hate Harley. I can't even call the man a villain in this show. He's great.

Incredible Member

Harley to me is becoming the most annoying character on the show. This whole series belongs to Poison ivy imo.

I thought this last one was a good episode, but I hated their version of Catwoman. She was terrible. I think it was the voice. It sucked. She felt as much a mocking caricature as Aquaman in that one episode. Their Batgirl was a lot better from the one before.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yes the language is jarring. Real people (even crazy criminals) don't throw the F-Bombs that often in the real world. No one talks that way.

That said, I've found myself laughing several times this series.
    You've never been on a construction site

Since I knew nothing of the show watching the first episode was jarring, and I didn't finish.

This isn't how I'd normally wanna watch DC.

But after watching another episode I accept and enjoy the show for what it is. Why can't dc characters be represented in all kinds of ways.

As long as there is options, the more shows succeed the more future shows we'll get of varying style and tone.

This show is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Mr. Freeze episode made me hate Harley. I can't even call the man a villain in this show. He's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Harley to me is becoming the most annoying character on the show. This whole series belongs to Poison ivy imo.
    Yeah, I'm kind of ready for Harley to get really knocked down a peg. I know she's the protagonist but I feel like, even if she wins the Battle of New Gotham, she's ultimately going to lose what with Batman coming back, Batgirl, etc.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post

I thought this last one was a good episode, but I hated their version of Catwoman. She was terrible. I think it was the voice. It sucked. She felt as much a mocking caricature as Aquaman in that one episode. Their Batgirl was a lot better from the one before.
    Not my Selina, to be sure, but I still thought she was fun - and this version certainly fits the tone of the show. But yeah, I didn't love the voice. Not that the acting was bad but she just sounded off.

And, eh, I still really like Harley (though I haven't watched the Freeze episode yet) and any annoyances are balanced out by the rest of the pitch-perfect cast, especially Ivy.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of ready for Harley to get really knocked down a peg. I know she's the protagonist but I feel like, even if she wins the Battle of New Gotham, she's ultimately going to lose what with Batman coming back, Batgirl, etc.
    I don't know - she gets knocked down a lot for being the main character. Being frozen and kept on display was pretty humiliating. (not to mention thrown out of a helicopter by J-man) And her total misread of the dynamic between "the Freezes" just exposed her faults once again. I would not have been okay with it if she were just happy-go-lucky all the time, beating up on people more powerful than her just because it's her show, etc. but I think they find a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know - she gets knocked down a lot for being the main character. Being frozen and kept on display was pretty humiliating. (not to mention thrown out of a helicopter by J-man) And her total misread of the dynamic between "the Freezes" just exposed her faults once again. I would not have been okay with it if she were just happy-go-lucky all the time, beating up on people more powerful than her just because it's her show, etc. but I think they find a good balance.
    Yeah, she's definitely the underdog who screws up as much as she wins, I guess I just sub-consciously still root for the villain to lose even in their own show .

Well, that and I don't think she's going to "win" and just continue to have Gotham descending into anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Since I knew nothing of the show watching the first episode was jarring, and I didn't finish.

This isn't how I'd normally wanna watch DC.

But after watching another episode I accept and enjoy the show for what it is. Why can't dc characters be represented in all kinds of ways.

As long as there is options, the more shows succeed the more future shows we'll get of varying style and tone.

This show is fun!
    The first ep, to me, was super cringey for how try hard it was.

I’m glad I stuck with it though, cause it got a LOT better. It is a really fun show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's definitely the underdog who screws up as much as she wins, I guess I just sub-consciously still root for the villain to lose even in their own show .

Well, that and I don't think she's going to "win" and just continue to have Gotham descending into anarchy.
    Exactly. Harley is her own worse enemy. In fact, if I recall, she was offered a cut of "New New Gotham", and turned it down out of some misconceived notion of "fairness", resulting in her getting iced for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Exactly. Harley is her own worse enemy. In fact, if I recall, she was offered a cut of "New New Gotham", and turned it down out of some misconceived notion of "fairness", resulting in her getting iced for two months.
    She turned it down because she wanted total anarchy, because she's an idiot. Though tbf, the deal was fucking awful and she was the one who actually took out the joker so it should realistically be her who gets the lions share but as Ivy pointed out, Harley was too busy messing around instrad of staking her claim