Default Rest in peace, Dungeonmaster Jim

Hey, CBR. Been a while. It's my sad duty to inform the old guard who don't already know that Jim Roberts (Dungeonmaster Jim) was killed in a plane crash yesterday. He was doing a tour in a B-17 that experienced engine failure about 5 minutes after takeoff.

Jim was someone I would see every year at Dragon Con. I saw him last month. He liked RPGs, Star Wars, and drawing.

He was my friend and I'm going to miss him.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I really debated posting anything about this since it shocked me. I didn't know Jim , he seemed like a good guy from the NFL thread.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was saddened to read about the crash a couple of days ago. RIP Dungeonmaster Jim.

My late father was a tailgunner on a B-17 much like the plane that crashed. He often went to see the aircraft that were managed and maintained by the Collings Foundation when they came to Indiana during the tours. My Dad passed away in 2005 and as a tribute some of my brothers and sisters had paid to have his name added to the names that the Collings Foundation had on the plane to honor WWII Army Air Force vets who were crew members of the famed Flying Fortresses. So we were shocked to hear about the crash and the tragic deaths of those on the flight. Along with that it looks like his tribute has been destroyed. It was near the cockpit of the B-17. I had been to see this B-17 along with the rest of the vintage aircraft that the Collings Foundation toured with. They would put up a ladder and you could go inside it and walk the cat walk to the bomb bay. IIRC they also had the P51 Mustang too

We always wanted Dad to go on one of those flights but he always declined. He never wanted to get on any kind of aircraft again after WWII not even for a vacation. The B-17 he as assigned to was shot down over the English Channel after a bombing run over Germany. Luckily, they were able to ditch and launched their life raft. No one from the crew died and they were rescued about a day later.

God damn. :/ I heard about the crash in the news.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Oh man, he was my age. Way too young to die.

RIP Dungeonmaster Jim.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

How sad, how very sad.

RIP Dungeonmaster Jim.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wow, thats just so sudden. Gonna miss him around here
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That is truly awful news. My thoughts go out to him and his loved ones.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me