Default Superman races all the Flashes ...

... To the Moon and back!

This is composite comic Clark vs Composite comic Flash (Jay/Barry/Wally/Bart).

No external help (no space road, no cosmic treadmill, no Kryptonian doodads), but Speed Force is considered internal / standard gear for Composite Flash. .

Given how wildly OP both franchises get over the decades, who wins?

So...a composite version of Superman and Flash...incorporating pre/post-crisis/new/rebirth versions? As to the composite part, specifically Clark, which Supermen are part of the composite?

Also...I dont recall any versions of Flash that can run in outer space w/o a track/road of some sort.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    So...a composite version of Superman and Flash...incorporating pre/post-crisis/new/rebirth versions? As to the composite part, specifically Clark, which Supermen are part of the composite?
    All the 5 main canon comic book ones: original/ golden age, silver/ bronze age Earth-1, post-COIE/pre-Flashpoint, New52, Rebirth/current.

Also...I dont recall any versions of Flash that can run in outer space w/o a track/road of some sort.
    This is a bit surprising. I would have thought adult Wally at his Speed Forced fastest could basically move anywhere in the universe, gravity or no gravity.

Ok, if that's not the case: round-trip space road for Composite Flash, and he also gets a special O2 breathing pack.

But Composite Clark can just fly (needs no running).

Does that make it easier?

Astonishing Member

Barry Allent, pre-COIE launched himself into interstellar space by vibrating some molecules out of his feet. Well, that seems a plan. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    All the 5 main canon comic book ones: original/ golden age, silver/ bronze age Earth-1, post-COIE/pre-Flashpoint, New52, Rebirth/current.

This is a bit surprising. I would have thought adult Wally at his Speed Forced fastest could basically move anywhere in the universe, gravity or no gravity.

Ok, if that's not the case: round-trip space road for Composite Flash, and he also gets a special O2 breathing pack.

But Composite Clark can just fly (needs no running).

Does that make it easier?
    There's one "feat" I can recall where Wally ran unaided in space (our worlds at war), but such is not the norm.

I see composite Flash winning this, notwithstanding the results of the latest race between the two.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

While there may be some versions of the Flash that could do this, the lack of any external means of having a road to run on limits the Flash plus he would probably need to wear a spacesuit.

Setting aside what I consider Elseworlds versions and focusing only on versions of Superman who were ever the main continuity Superman (Golden, Silver/ Bronze, Post-Crisis and Nu Superman), I would certainly say the Silver Age Superman is the only one that matters here.

Not sure on the Flash. I suppose either Silver Age Barry or Post-Crisis Speedforce Wally.

Silver Age Supes and Barry were always so close in speed that it was always a draw barring special circumstances.

Post-Crisis Barry returned and blitzed Superman but that was clearly a Barry who was as fast as ever versus a Post-Crisis Supes who didn't compare to what he was really portrayed to be in the Silver Age.

Going with the fastest versions of both, I would call it a draw. Except, since this race is through outer space and doesn't give the Flash anything like a Green Lantern generated construct to run on, Superman may win by default.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

In a sprint the Flash takes this, long distance I'd give it to Superman. He once flew so fast he left the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    In a sprint the Flash takes this, long distance I'd give it to Superman. He once flew so fast he left the universe.
    Hmm. Wally West outraced death...trying to remember...81 billion years into the future where evidently the concept of death ceased to exist. Or some such. Dude is fast. Most versions of the Flash are fast enough to travel time. Only silver age Superman can make the same claim.
    ----------------------

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Would Composite Flash include Barry Allen when he was the Speed Force? Because if it does, then I think he wins by default as he was essentially omnipresent and would already be on the moon, as I'm given to understand it.