Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
I appreciate that from a story telling perspective. It does feel rather real but it also turns it's back on everything that makes the Joker Joker. That's why I'm so conflicted with this movie. The name definitely helped sale tickets but I'm sure I'm not alone in nerdom of feeling like it betrays everything that makes Joker the biggest villian in Comics and maybe all of Fiction. Even if you take away personality and break it down to what Joker represents as a agent of Choas. Arthur has no plans at all the Choas is just a byproduct. You could argue in the end after he kills the shrink if that's even real that hes now become the Joker from the comics but we arent shown that are lead to believe that at all. Except for the fact that the Shrink is innocent so that means he probaly shredded what was left of his Empathy and good..
I think the point of the movie was what led him to become the Joker. Him being the agent of chaos is what happens after he becomes the Joker. Maybe if they do make a sequel that will be explored.