Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The police aren't actually inept in this film at all. They track down Arthur without any evidence linking Arthur to the murder by canvassing professional clowns. Not to mention they track him down during the third act and its obvious from their mannerism that they are completely oblivious to the fact that they murdered someone.

It takes time for criminals to be brought to justice and in the film and the film makes it clear that a witness was saying the murderer wore a mask.
    Trying to remember that this was supposed to take place in the 70's & they were patterned after the NYPD at the time. I lived through that era in NYC & well, mostly everything worked barely or was just really, really terrible.

Thought the 70's "authenticity" was 100% exactly on point. Felt like watching a long lost memory.

Renegade Theory Dept: Homo Batman Origin Story?

Has anyone considered the implication of Bruce witnessing his parents' demise after watching 'Zorro The Gay Blade' with George Hamilton? Could this be the origin story for the homo Batman that we got in the 1960s' TV show & the Joel Schumacher movies, the one that they investigated in the early 1950s'?

Movie Details Department: Super Rats of Gotham
    Did anyone else see cat -> dog size rats running around in the movie? I swear there were two scenes: one where Arthur was on a street corner talking to someone when a rat ran around the corner that looked very big. The second was after Thomas Wayne got shot. I think it was where Bruce was standing over his parents. You see the front of the alley off in the distance and you see a rat run across it. Way off in the distance, too big to be a normal size rat. Is it just me or did the director put giant rats in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by ISleepNow View Post
    Renegade Theory Dept: Homo Batman Origin Story?

Has anyone considered the implication of Bruce witnessing his parents' demise after watching 'Zorro The Gay Blade' with George Hamilton? Could this be the origin story for the homo Batman that we got in the 1960s' TV show & the Joel Schumacher movies, the one that they investigated in the early 1950s'?

Movie Details Department: Super Rats of Gotham
    Did anyone else see cat -> dog size rats running around in the movie? I swear there were two scenes: one where Arthur was on a street corner talking to someone when a rat ran around the corner that looked very big. The second was after Thomas Wayne got shot. I think it was where Bruce was standing over his parents. You see the front of the alley off in the distance and you see a rat run across it. Way off in the distance, too big to be a normal size rat. Is it just me or did the director put giant rats in the movie?
    the news broadcast on the radio at the beginning talking about the garbage strike also mentions “super rats” starting to appear because of all the garbage piling up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Trying to remember that this was supposed to take place in the 70's & they were patterned after the NYPD at the time. I lived through that era in NYC & well, mostly everything worked barely or was just really, really terrible.

Thought the 70's "authenticity" was 100% exactly on point. Felt like watching a long lost memory.
    I thought the film had a 1970's setting as well, until I later read that it was supposed to take place in 1981. However, from watching old movies/TV shows and from memory (I was a kid in the late '70's/early '80's), 1981 NYC may as well have been the late '70's because not a lot had changed re: clothes/fashion/cars from, say, 1978/1979 - 1981/1982. Also, back in the '70's (and much of the '80's) the crime was very bad in the NYC Times Square area especially.

It wasn't until the latter '80's & into the '90's that the city administration began a systematic clean-up of the crime/sleazy areas of TS.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 10-29-2019 at 10:00 AM.

I thought it was plodding and boring. Tried to hard to be artsy. I would never want to watch it again.