View Poll Results: Do you see Adam West as Mike Brady instead of Robert Reed?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

10 71.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If West had taken the role of Mike Brady, he might had been able to escape the Batman typecast. Although his involvement with The Brady Bunch might had had a very different take on the show. I doubt that West would had been a problem with the scripts that Sherwood Schwartz provided, unlike Robert Reed who hated them.
    I was going to say something similar after reading Comic-Reader Lad‘s post.
    West is hardly as bad an actor as all that.
    He had a range of talent and stayed in that range. LOTS of actors are smart enough to do that. Nothing wrong w. it.

Adam West was a tremendous talent & a glorious icon. He made everything better that was graced with his presence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Adam West was a tremendous talent & a glorious icon. He made everything better that was graced with his presence.
    Another fine actor (whom I could see play Mike Brady) would be Dick Van Dyke. He could have gotten along well with the cast, as well as the Producers of the show:

Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-04-2019 at 02:03 AM.

The episodes would be longer with more dramatic pauses.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The episodes would be longer with more dramatic pauses.
    They would have had to lengthen the show an extra hour if William Shatner played Mike. He would have been great for the bad-luck cousin episodes, though: "OLLLIVER!!! OLLLIVER!!!"

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    They would have had to lengthen the show an extra hour if William Shatner played Mike. He would have been great for the bad-luck cousin episodes, though: "OLLLIVER!!! OLLLIVER!!!"

October 16, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part One", The Brady's are surprised when Mike's brother Rob (played by William Shatner) drops by for a impromptu visit a week before Thanksgiving with news that he's getting a divorce. Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.

October 23, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part Two", Mike's brother Rob (William Shatner) arrives at the Brady house with news that he's getting a divorce. Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.

October 30, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part Three", Mike's brother Rob (William Shatner) has arrived at the Brady house and delivers the news that he's getting a divorce (hopefully). Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.
    [Brady Bunch is going on hiatus until Rob finishes telling Mike's family that he's getting a divorce.]
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

October 16, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part One", The Brady's are surprised when Mike's brother Rob (played by William Shatner) drops by for a impromptu visit a week before Thanksgiving with news that he's getting a divorce. Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.

October 23, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part Two", Mike's brother Rob (William Shatner) arrives at the Brady house with news that he's getting a divorce. Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.

October 30, 1970 - Brady Bunch "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Part Three", Mike's brother Rob (William Shatner) has arrived at the Brady house and delivers the news that he's getting a divorce (hopefully). Mike: Adam West, Carol: Florence Henderson.
    [Brady Bunch is going on hiatus until Rob finishes telling Mike's family that he's getting a divorce.]
    lol

Now I wish that had actually happened!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

You had me thinkin' I missed these episodes...for a moment, lol!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

Okay. I couldn't help but read that lyrically.

♫ What will he do when he's turned black and blue? ♫
    ♫ Cousin Oliver ♫
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier