Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I guess now is the time to ask: whats the name of norman and harry hairstyle? I dont know if its fake or its reference for something
    The waves? I say we call them the Osborn Pumpkin Ribs.

Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar

I guess now is the time to ask: whats the name of norman and harry hairstyle? I dont know if its fake or its reference for something
    I think it's a wavy kind of hairstyle, common in the 40s and before but fell by later. Norman Osborn was modeled on the actor Joseph Cotten (star of many Orson Welles movies and he appeared in Hitchcock's Shadow of a Doubt where he played a serial killer) and Cotten had that hairstyle in a number of movies.

joseph_cotten.jpg

Crop 1 - Osborn and Jameson.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I seem to recall speculation it was originally meant to be a way of depicting wavy brylcreemed hair, however as time went people just assumed that was literally their hairstyle, which has been depicted as pseudo-cornrows ever since.

Edit: looks like Jack beat me to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I guess but it seems like a waste.
    Well, I admittedly can be a bit pedantic as a comic book fan .

Are Spencer and Ottley going to show us the moment when Gwen tells MJ that she slept with Norman? Now that's the real question!

The first tie in to Absolute Carnage was pretty cool, so I trust that this issue is going to be great too
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

looks interesting
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Are Spencer and Ottley going to show us the moment when Gwen tells MJ that she slept with Norman? Now that's the real question!

The first tie in to Absolute Carnage was pretty cool, so I trust that this issue is going to be great too
    Could you imagine the confusion of someone who came to Spider-man after OMD/BND reading that line and having no idea what it was about?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

^
    Watch them ignore Sins Past here. I wouldnt blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird that the Lee/Romita characters don't all look exactly like they did when drawn by Romita.

I guess the only difference from their modern depictions is MJ's hair isn't as long (at least when Ottley draws her adult self) and Peter looks a little less like Ultimate Peter then he does in that flashback.
    Yeah I dont mind when they changed the syles and what not in flashbacks. It makes it feel more realistic. Over them wearing their 60s outfits in 201X.
    Last edited by powerpackers90; 10-04-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!