All-New Member

Default Oi! Fantasy comic about a bard, because bards are awesome

Hi CBR,
    I wanted to let you guys know about my kickstarter campaign for my comic Oi! Tales of Bardic Fury. I'd really appreciate if you would take a look.

Oi! is a fantasy slice of life comic about a bard who gets sent to a town in North Ireland that's never heard music before. Check out the kickstarter page HERE

In a lot of these fantasy stories I love, they are always about kings and warriors going on epic quests and doing epic things. With Oi, I’m trying to do something different. I am much more interested in telling a slice-of-life story about regular townspeople and the goings on in their village. Ireland in the Iron Age was a society run by druids, who were a bit like hippy cult leaders, and bards who were like rock stars. In many DND games I’ve played, and fantasy stories I have read, bard characters are often times mocked. With Oi, I want to show the world just how awesome bards actually are.

Thanks for taking a look. I would really appreciate any small donation that you can make. If this is something your friends would like, please share this with them!

Cheers,
    Daniel

All-New Member

http://blog.advancedphotoshop.co.uk/...your-help-now/

I got interviewed by Advanced Photoshop Magazine about my project, please take a look

BANNED

Nice write-up!

Spectacular Member

I like your art.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selena Musić View Post
    I like your art.
    Thank you very much! Here's another review that came out recently, on the If These Books Could Talk blog.

"The issues I received were special editions done in a ‘woad’ ink, giving the art an all-over blue tone. You’d think that the art would suffer for this, but no, it positively jumps off the page. The ink work is superb and the panel placement spot-on. In fact, I’d go so far as to say better than some of the recent DC New 52 stuff I’ve read lately. Daniel also manages to fit a lot of story into the issue without it feeling cramped and rushed or sacrificing the art.

The very fact that he’s got these factors down to a tee already signifies that Daniel will be one to watch. Gloriously silly, funny and gorgeous to look at, I highly recommend giving these a go."

http://ifthesebookscouldtalk.com/201...ackwards-burd/

Please share my kickstarter link with your friends, it will really help out the campaign to make this book happen

All-New Member

38% funded with 28 days to go. Pls share the link with your friends and help make this book happen

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bardic Fury View Post
    Thank you very much! Here's another review that came out recently, on the If These Books Could Talk blog.

"The issues I received were special editions done in a ‘woad’ ink, giving the art an all-over blue tone. You’d think that the art would suffer for this, but no, it positively jumps off the page. The ink work is superb and the panel placement spot-on. In fact, I’d go so far as to say better than some of the recent DC New 52 stuff I’ve read lately. Daniel also manages to fit a lot of story into the issue without it feeling cramped and rushed or sacrificing the art.

The very fact that he’s got these factors down to a tee already signifies that Daniel will be one to watch. Gloriously silly, funny and gorgeous to look at, I highly recommend giving these a go."

http://ifthesebookscouldtalk.com/201...ackwards-burd/

Please share my kickstarter link with your friends, it will really help out the campaign to make this book happen
    Not at all. I like it because this comic has it’s own style, which is unique. And that is important for every piece of art.

All-New Member

Thank you, I try not to make my style unique so it is good to hear

All-New Member

51% funded with 20 days to go, thank you for contributing and sharing everyone!

All-New Member

Did some fanart of the webcomic Elf by Songgu Kwon.

And Xenobiosis by Rinkelle.

All-New Member

Oi! is 73% funded with 10 days left.

I wanted to share this amazing drawing of Bryan by Songgu Kwon who draws the incredible fantasy webcomics Elf.START READING IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY! DON'T MISS OUT ON THE GENIUS! He's one of my favorite webcomic artists so having him draw my character feels awesome.

All-New Member

Last edited by Bardic Fury; 08-31-2014 at 05:15 AM.

All-New Member

20 hours to go in the campaign, the last day is upon us!