Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Multiple timelines, worlds, hypertime, the fluke, metaverse.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Scott Snyder talks about Death Metal at the C2E2 '20: Super Heroes of DC Panel (the bolded part is the timeline related):

"Snyder says Death Metal is going to be "bigger and better" than they initially planned. Two pages from Death Metal are being shown. WW "for reasons unexplained"... Themyscira has been turned into hell, where all the villains are kept. She's melting down the invisible jet. Swamp Thing is there - a character Greg Capullo has been chomping at the bit to draw. Expect a Batman monster truck, Swamp Thing with sunglasses, and more. In addition to the original 5 Dark Knights from Metal, there's more - a Cthulhu Dark Knight, and many others. Including one that's a Bruce Wayne AI which takes over the Dinosaur from the Batcave. There's also a Batcastle, "a sentient Gotham." Superman is trapped in New Apocalypse, and forced to power the sun and so he's using a machine that's a tribute to All-Star Superman. In this world, Batman has escaped the Batman Who Laughs and so you'll see his methodology of fighting back is to get a Black Lantern ring to bring back the dead to fight BWL. The thing I'd say about Death Metal, is it connects all the stuff you've read from Crisis on Infinite Earths through Doomsday Clock, and a couple more. This story is about taking everything, and making sense of it. If everything before has been a Crisis, this is called the Anti-Crisis. This takes everything and makes it all work."

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49192-c2e2...-dc-panel.html

Should we believe him that it'll make all work? 😂

I certainly believe he'll try. I highly doubt it will fully succeed in the aim though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Scott Snyder talks about Death Metal at the C2E2 '20: Super Heroes of DC Panel (the bolded part is the timeline related):

"Snyder says Death Metal is going to be "bigger and better" than they initially planned. Two pages from Death Metal are being shown. WW "for reasons unexplained"... Themyscira has been turned into hell, where all the villains are kept. She's melting down the invisible jet. Swamp Thing is there - a character Greg Capullo has been chomping at the bit to draw. Expect a Batman monster truck, Swamp Thing with sunglasses, and more. In addition to the original 5 Dark Knights from Metal, there's more - a Cthulhu Dark Knight, and many others. Including one that's a Bruce Wayne AI which takes over the Dinosaur from the Batcave. There's also a Batcastle, "a sentient Gotham." Superman is trapped in New Apocalypse, and forced to power the sun and so he's using a machine that's a tribute to All-Star Superman. In this world, Batman has escaped the Batman Who Laughs and so you'll see his methodology of fighting back is to get a Black Lantern ring to bring back the dead to fight BWL. The thing I'd say about Death Metal, is it connects all the stuff you've read from Crisis on Infinite Earths through Doomsday Clock, and a couple more. This story is about taking everything, and making sense of it. If everything before has been a Crisis, this is called the Anti-Crisis. This takes everything and makes it all work."

Should we believe him that it'll make all work? ��
    Well, I'm sure Snyder will have plenty of metaphysics monologue to try and make sense of it all .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

An Exclusive Look Inside Flash #750 from C2E2 – and the Story That Will Change the DC Universe - SPOILERS: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/
    Gosh comics are so stupid

What I want is a good story. I don't want a story that keeps changing its rules.

Changing the rules is fine the first time. It's cute, it's novel, it's meta, but they keep doing it to the point where you're too busy making sense of the rule than enjoying the story.

...and I would've gladly ignored the rules of the story... if they don't keep bringing it up inside the story!
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-29-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Why this new timeline seems to me only a convolute way to justify the new event?
    I feel like this new timeline is actually just a way to justify everything since 2011.

"Yeah, continuity and history were broken! On purpose! Yup, evvveeerrryyythhing since New52 was totally intentional! Wasn't it a fun story?"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jay Garrick Was Now Inspired By Wonder Woman in 1940 – Flash #750 Spoilers: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...-750-spoilers/

The more I hear about the new reboot, the less and less I care. Guess I'll wait and hope that the two characters I care about have a place in this new thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Jay Garrick Was Now Inspired By Wonder Woman in 1940 – Flash #750 Spoilers: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03...-750-spoilers/

I dunno how I feel about WW inspiring the JSA. I like them more as unique, original mystery men who came up on their own then inspired by a single hero, but I guess that's why Diana is the first again and why people are so focused on it being Superman at times.

The Mystery Men of the Second World War were always also called Wonders, right? Makes sense that Diana is why.

A theory regarding the whole continuity mess and the timeline repair:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ll_arisen_and/
    Contains references to Doomsday Clock, Justice League Odyssey, Hell Arisen, Death Metal, Justice League, Flash #750, Flash Forward, Joker War, and Generation Zero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Should we believe him that it'll make all work? ��
    I’m not sure.

On one hand, here’s hoping we get a new fresh start . . .

but . . .
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Personally Snyder has not given me any reason why I can't trust him to do whatever crazy magic he is about to pull. For me his stories have not only been fun but he is generally pretty good at playing past existing continuity and with the state of characters. I wouldn't put him up there with Geoff Johns but I genuinely think he has the chops to tell a decent story that involves the madness that is broken timelines and messed continuity. If not that I do think that at least the story will be fun and interesting to read just by the energy Snyder has when he is writing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

From today's Q&A with Scott Snyder on DCU:

Hello Scott!

My question: despite changes and delays, it would appear that DC’s Generations initiative is still in play to some extent (see: the latest issue of Legion of Super-Heroes). Can you tell us (to the best of your ability) how those plans will factor into Death Metal?

"Generations is more of a recounting of DC History right now, rather than being a big catalyst for things. The reconnecting of continuity - making it all one big story - is our job via Death Metal and we’re honored and humbled and excited and terrified to be doing it"

My question is two fold. Given the events of Doomsday Clock, how much of your work on this project was affected, or is Death Metal absent any influence from Doomsday Clock on it and the story?

Second, will this serve as a finale to everything you have been working on since you started your Justice League run, and all the way through to the Year of the Villain? Given how that particular story ended, I’m curious if this is the grand finale of all that, so to speak.

"Doomsday Clock DOES play a big part in Death Metal. Nothing we do will change the (amazing) events of that book, but the effects of Manhattan’s actions reverberate throughout the start of the story. The goal with Death Metal is to say - look, DC has had all these great stories from long ago to just this year, but (if we’re being honest) we’ve become too disconnected in our continuity. Black Label, other imprints, it’s great to have standalone stories. But in mainline DC, it’s become hard to tell what our history is, what connects. The post it on my computer for Death Metal is “everything matters” and our goal is reward you guys for your years of dedication and passion for these characters and stories by honoring as much as we can of the past, while blasting forward in the most fun way possible"

Source: https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/*...-et/824596/108