Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Looking at this effort, it can look impressive (and it is certainly the style of stuff that I tried to do myself at times for other universes), but today I'm more concerned with the quality and variety of the actual stories that DC will publish.

A lot of this will go down to execution and how things will be told in-story. At best it will be DC building a real culture of collaboration between offices and writers based on a shared understanding of the characters (so we don't get the Donna Troy or Hawkman messes). At worst it will be a new attempt to streamline everything and force it into one specific design, which will break down rather quickly.

So I will hope for the best but expect the worst. And sadly, with little changes in the upper management at DC, I have slim hopes for the best.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I think we are being overly concerned with a timeline that hasn’t been revealed in full. Plus, what is here is NOT fully legible. I think waiting for the full and final reveal would be a good idea.
    Eh, I think it's reasonable for us to discuss what we do have, even if it isn't very legible and isn't in full. It's fun to discuss. When we get full info, we can discuss some more and have more fun.

I don't think this timeline they have is even finished yet. Didn't they say they are working on it? A lot can change yet.
    But I think this is important for the stories that follow to be cohesive. Like they where post-CoiE when the timeline wasn't the mess it is now.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool:

Generation 2: The Space Age – 15 Year Time Window

Year 1: Batman & Superman. Batman debuts. Year One, Superman debuts. xxx

Year 2: xxx Batman Year Two. xxx Aquaman debuts. Barry Allen debuts as the Flash. Flash Year One. Hal Jordan debuts as Green Lantern. Oliver Quinn debuts as Green Lantern. xxx

Year 3: Dick Grayson debuts as Robin. World’s Finest Batman and Superman debut. Wally West debuts as Kid Flash. The Rogues debut. Sinestro xxx Aquaman [Redacted] xxx [Redacted]

Year 4: Justice League of America. Batman joins JLA, Superman joins JLA, Wonder Woman Returns from xxx , xxx Diana joins JLA, Barry joins JLA, Hal joins JLA, Black Lantern xxx JLA, Aquaman joins xxx , xxx jons JLA, the xxx joins JLA

Year 5: Doom Patrol. Donna Troy xxx Wonder Woman xxx, Barry xxx , xxx Green Lantern xxx JLA, xxx

Year 6: Crisis of Two Worlds. Teen Titans Debut – Dick, Wally, Garth, Roy, Donna, Garth debuts as Aqualad,

Year 7: JSA Returns, JSA xxx , xxx

Year 8: Supergirl arrives. Superman [Redacted], Teen Titans xxx, Flash xxx, xxx , xxx debuts as a Green Lantern, Dinah and Ollie fight Batman, xxx as Aquaman, xxx returns xxx

Year 9: Ra’s al Ghul and Talia debut, xxx JLA,

Year 10: Donna xxx, xxx Aquaman,

Year 11: Barbara Gordon debuts as Batgirl, xxx, xxx Green Lantern, Professor Zoom xxx , The xxx War, xxx [Redacted], xxx debuts, xxx

Year 12: New Teen Titans. Wonder Woman xxx returns, New Teen Titans debuts Dick, Cyborg xxx , xxx , xxx xxx joins JLA

Year 13: Shazam. xxx black xxx, Flash xxx , xxx the throne of Aquaman, Billy Batson xxx, xxx

Year 14: xxx debuts as the new xxx , xxx , xxx , Ted Kord debuts as Blue Beetle

Year 15: Crisis On Infinite Earths. Dick Grayson returns as Nightwing, xxx as xxx, Supergirl dies, the xxx & xxx, xxx the future xxx, The Judas Contract, xxx , Barry dies, Wally West debuts as the Flash, [Redacted], Aquaman dies, xxx

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...w-dc-timeline/

Generation 3: The Age Of Crisis – 15 Year Time Window

Year 1: Justice League International, Wallace West born, xxx of Earth, xxx, xxx , xxx Shazam joins JLI, Captain Atom joins the JLI, Blue Beetle joins the JLI, John Constantine meets Swamp Thing.

Year 2: Death In The Family, Joker xxx , xxx up, Booster Gold joins JLI, xxx

Year 3: Killing Joke, Barbara Gordon paralyzed. Wally West xxx , xxx returns xxx, xxx

Year 4: Knightfall, Tim Drake debuts as Robin, Barbara Gordon xxx, Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, xxx , Blue Beetle xxx

Year 5: Birth of xxx, Superman Returns, xxx debuts, Teen Titans xxx, xxx, [Redacted] Kyle Rayner as GL, xxx Black Canary BOP, Rise of Parallax xxx , xxx

Year 6: Zero Hour. xxx, Team Titans, xxx , xxx Parallax, Final Night, xxx, Aquaman xxx Mera, xxx

Year 7: JLI Replaced by JLA. No Man’s Land, Cassandra Cain debuts as Batgirl, Harley Quinn debuts, xxx Lane returns, xxx, Electric Superman debuts, All-New Teen Titans xxx, Kyle joins JLA, Aquaman rejoins JLA, Aqualad xxx, [Redacted],

Year 8: xxx, Year of xxx, xxx return xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx married xxx, xxx, Oliver & Dinah xxx, xxx, xxx

Year 9: Identity Crisis. Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin, xxx, Public xxx, xxx, Death of, xxx, Teen Titans xxx, Dina & Oliver xxx, xxx JLA, xxx, xxx returns as Aquaman, xxx, xxx,

Year 10: xxx of the xxx, xxx returns, Oliver & Dina’s xxx, xxx, xxx & new xxx, xxx, xxx

Year 11: Infinite Crisis. xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx returns, xxx

Year 12: xxx, xxx returns, Donna Troy returns, xxx, xxx for the xxx, xxx, xxx returns to Earth,

Year 13: xxx, xxx, Teen Titans xxx, xxx, [Redacted] xxx

Year 14: Final Crisis. xxx [Redacted] xxx, the xxx, xxx, xxx,

Year 15: Blackest Night, Flashpoint. xxx the team, xxx, Blackest Night, xxx, Dinah & Oliver separate, Aquaman xxx & xxx, xxx, xxx returns, xxx, xxx returns, xxx, xxx returns to public eye, xxx returns to public eye.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...mics-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Guys. I can't believe I missed it, but in the largest picture, above all the timeline, written in blue, it's said

DC CHARACTER TIMELINE
    8(something) YEARS REAL TIME (19something-2something) / 6(something) YEARS ELAPSED TIME

25+15+15+5=65
    The gen years are not real-time. Bruce is not 60, Dick is not 40. Tim is not 20.

It's right there. I can't believe I missed the biggest words XD
    So it's not a real 1:1 year after all. That makss more sense, phew.

I mean, I was already counting on then stealing plenty of years from it, but I guess that makes more sense, that they go for a Marvel Time approach. In the end, is the less messy way, and gaves the some liberty for writing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So it's not a real 1:1 year after all. That makss more sense, phew.

I mean, I was already counting on then stealing plenty of years from it, but I guess that makes more sense, that they go for a Marvel Time approach. In the end, is the less messy way, and gaves the some liberty for writing.
    No... I review it again and it seems that each Generation does run in real-time, but during Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint there's an age down.

Year 2: xxx Batman Year Two. xxx Aquaman debuts. Barry Allen debuts as the Flash. Flash Year One. Hal Jordan debuts as Green Lantern. Oliver Quinn debuts as Green Lantern. xxx
    Maybe Oliver Queen as Green Arrow?

Year 3: Dick Grayson debuts as Robin. World’s Finest Batman and Superman debut. Wally West debuts as Kid Flash. The Rogues debut. Sinestro xxx Aquaman [Redacted] xxx [Redacted]
    I don't really prefer Wally premiering the same year as Dick, but it's no big deal. I assume Roy debuted as well?

Year 6: Crisis of Two Worlds. Teen Titans Debut – Dick, Wally, Garth, Roy, Donna, Garth debuts as Aqualad,

Year 8: Supergirl arrives. Superman [Redacted], Teen Titans xxx, Flash xxx, xxx , xxx debuts as a Green Lantern, Dinah and Ollie fight Batman, xxx as Aquaman, xxx returns xxx

So Supergirl debuts between the original Teen Titans and Talia & Ra's? Doesn't match any previous continuity (but original Supergirl's aging in comparison to Teen Titans was always a continuity problem). But I don't know how hat works with current Supegirl, who's about Tim's age.

I don't know the Dinah and Ollie fighting Batman reference.

And Barbara isn't Batgirl until after Ra's and Talia appear, in a reverse of how they originally happened. I suppose she's still de-aged?

Astonishing Member

Also, Flashpoint happens in Gen 3 Year 15, but "Dick becomes Batman" and "Donna becomes Wonder Woman" happen in Gen 4 Year 1?

And Wallace West is born after Barry dies, but we just saw him as a toddler in Flash Year One?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Bleeding Cool:

Generation 2: The Space Age – 15 Year Time Window

Year 1: Batman & Superman. Batman debuts. Year One, Superman debuts. xxx

Year 4: Justice League of America. Batman joins JLA, Superman joins JLA, Wonder Woman Returns from xxx , xxx Diana joins JLA, Barry joins JLA, Hal joins JLA, Black Lantern xxx JLA, Aquaman joins xxx , xxx jons JLA, the xxx joins JLA

Year 5: Doom Patrol. Donna Troy xxx Wonder Woman xxx, Barry xxx , xxx Green Lantern xxx JLA, xxx

Year 10: Donna xxx, xxx Aquaman,

Year 11: Barbara Gordon debuts as Batgirl, xxx, xxx Green Lantern, Professor Zoom xxx , The xxx War, xxx [Redacted], xxx debuts, xxx

Year 12: New Teen Titans. Wonder Woman xxx returns, New Teen Titans debuts Dick, Cyborg xxx , xxx , xxx xxx joins JLA

Year 13: Shazam. xxx black xxx, Flash xxx , xxx the throne of Aquaman, Billy Batson xxx, xxx

Year 14: xxx debuts as the new xxx , xxx , xxx , Ted Kord debuts as Blue Beetle

Year 15: Crisis On Infinite Earths. Dick Grayson returns as Nightwing, xxx as xxx, Supergirl dies, the xxx & xxx, xxx the future xxx, The Judas Contract, xxx , Barry dies, Wally West debuts as the Flash, [Redacted], Aquaman dies, xxx

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...w-dc-timeline/

Generation 3: The Age Of Crisis – 15 Year Time Window

Year 1: Justice League International, Wallace West born, xxx of Earth, xxx, xxx , xxx Shazam joins JLI, Captain Atom joins the JLI, Blue Beetle joins the JLI, John Constantine meets Swamp Thing.

Year 2: Death In The Family, Joker xxx , xxx up, Booster Gold joins JLI, xxx

Year 3: Killing Joke, Barbara Gordon paralyzed. Wally West xxx , xxx returns xxx, xxx

Year 4: Knightfall, Tim Drake debuts as Robin, Barbara Gordon xxx, Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, xxx , Blue Beetle xxx

Year 5: Birth of xxx, Superman Returns, xxx debuts, Teen Titans xxx, xxx, [Redacted] Kyle Rayner as GL, xxx Black Canary BOP, Rise of Parallax xxx , xxx

Year 6: Zero Hour. xxx, Team Titans, xxx , xxx Parallax, Final Night, xxx, Aquaman xxx Mera, xxx

Year 7: JLI Replaced by JLA. No Man’s Land, Cassandra Cain debuts as Batgirl, Harley Quinn debuts, xxx Lane returns, xxx, Electric Superman debuts, All-New Teen Titans xxx, Kyle joins JLA, Aquaman rejoins JLA, Aqualad xxx, [Redacted],

Year 8: xxx, Year of xxx, xxx return xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx married xxx, xxx, Oliver & Dinah xxx, xxx, xxx

Year 9: Identity Crisis. Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin, xxx, Public xxx, xxx, Death of, xxx, Teen Titans xxx, Dina & Oliver xxx, xxx JLA, xxx, xxx returns as Aquaman, xxx, xxx,

Year 10: xxx of the xxx, xxx returns, Oliver & Dina’s xxx, xxx, xxx & new xxx, xxx, xxx

Year 11: Infinite Crisis. xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx returns, xxx

Year 12: xxx, xxx returns, Donna Troy returns, xxx, xxx for the xxx, xxx, xxx returns to Earth,

Year 13: xxx, xxx, Teen Titans xxx, xxx, [Redacted] xxx

Year 14: Final Crisis. xxx [Redacted] xxx, the xxx, xxx, xxx,

Year 15: Blackest Night, Flashpoint. xxx the team, xxx, Blackest Night, xxx, Dinah & Oliver separate, Aquaman xxx & xxx, xxx, xxx returns, xxx, xxx returns, xxx, xxx returns to public eye, xxx returns to public eye.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...mics-timeline/
    Gen 2
    Year 11 Professor Zoom kills Iris
    Year 13 Flash kills Professor Zoom

Gen 3
    Year 4 Barbara Gordon debuts as Oracle
    Year 6 Hal Dies
    Year 8 Hush
    Year 9 Death of Donna Troy
    Year 11 Superboy Dies
    Year 14 Damian Debuts, Tim debuts as Red Robin
    Year 15 Brightest Day, Barry Allen returns

Also, pure guess since it happened in Brightest Day, Aquaman returns

With Wonder Woman being moved forward, Killing Joke moved back, and so on, the chronology is up for grabs now, guys
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 07:53 AM.

For those who want year 10 of Gen 3, weat our Jason thread have guessed a few in there. Year 12 too.

I think what @restingvoice has outlined is what I've guessed too, loooking at ages and all that. I'm guesssing they will go with Dick being 8 instead of 10, and Jason being 12. Tim was probably 12 or 13. No reaon why for those ages only hunch.

No... I review it again and it seems that each Generation does run in real-time, but during Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint there's an age down.
    Ah, roger that.
    Well, it's not much different from what actually happened, funny enough. They got deaged in those two events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah, roger that.
    Well, it's not much different from what actually happened, funny enough. They got deaged in those two events.
    Not so much so in COIE (Ollie got older, even), but definitely in Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Not so much so in COIE (Ollie got older, even), but definitely in Flashpoint.
    If Dick starts at 8 he would be 20 in COIE and 35 in Flashpoint, while Bruce would be around 35 and 50. Clark is older than Bruce by 6 years.

I guess that could work? I just don't imagine that's the age they were during the Morrison era.

And quite possibly Zero Hour, too, since everyone ceased to exist momentarily and were recreated.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Boisterously Confused

We may as all relax and wait for the next reboot. By fixing their origins to a specific point in time, DC's assured that we'll be doing this again as soon as somebody in a few years starts asking "so how old does that make Batman?"