Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They'll remember, they'll just younger than they were.
    No one is under 5 years old at this time. This is fiction. We'll make it that way.
    You can call it a reboot if you like. They're the same for me. So maybe the term is confusing.
    You said "memory reset." What does that mean, if they remember everything? And 2 year old are mentally 7 and 10 year olds mentally 15. Are they going to be able to move up grades like the should or uselessly repeat courses?

And no way, no how does it work that there is a planet wide, multi-planet wide, universe wide break in births for 5 years without freaking out the populace.

Reboot and de-aging are different things - deaging people just get younger. Universe reboot means things happened differently and the past has changed.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    You said "memory reset." What does that mean, if they remember everything? And 2 year old are mentally 7 and 10 year olds mentally 15. Are they going to be able to move up grades like the should or uselessly repeat courses?

And no way, no how does it work that there is a planet wide, multi-planet wide, universe wide break in births for 5 years without freaking out the populace.

Reboot and de-aging are different things - deaging people just get younger. Universe reboot means things happened differently and the past has changed.
    I meant memory adjustment. Let's say Tim started at Robin at 15, and everyone remembers it that way, after the reset, everyone remembers him starting Robin as 13. That kinda thing.

Oh if that's the case then it's a reboot.

I call it to age down because I'm focusing on the age because it looks like they age in real-time, but if age and memory adjustment universally like that is called reboot then it's a reboot. What I meant is the same, just in different terms.

But Reboot also makes things easier since their age don't all have to reset the same number.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-07-2019 at 05:33 PM.

I meant memory adjustment. Let's say Tim started at Robin at 15, and everyone remembers it that way, after the reset, everyone remembers him starting Robin as 13. That kinda thing.

Oh if that's the case then it's a reboot.
    So a reboot (to me). Then there's no reason even trying to make the generations work together. If the universe is changing, they can all be de-aged different amounts.

I want to see what the timeline is that all the characters actually remember. The one that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So a reboot (to me). Then there's no reason even trying to make the generations work together. If the universe is changing, they can all be de-aged different amounts.

I want to see what the timeline is that all the characters actually remember. The one that makes sense.
    Yes, at reboot, everyone's age can reset differently, but everyone will remember the result as if it's what always been, but I still want to see if it's reasonable if everyone's age resets the same number, because if we start thinking they can age differently, then they can do anything in a reboot, then there will be no rule, and therefore no point to even bother creating a timeline.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-07-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

For those who want to see the whole thing laid out in a fully illustrated "History of the DC Universe" style, here's Generation One (The Golden Age), which was pretty easy to tweak from my own DCU history project.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Disclaimer for everyone reading, this is just me having fun with the ages.
    So that's the theory.
    This is a lot of math, but it looks good to me lol. These characters being as old as they at the end of Gen 4 also makes the whole 5G rumour a real possibility.

Well we need 2020 for that still. I still think it's most likely that everyone's memories will return to explain the big Gen 5 shift (if that's happening). It doesn't really make sense to have a meta timeline if it's not relevant to the characters themselves. The big and old heroes and villains might remember how things were, and leave things to newer and younger heroes.

Alternatively, this is a meta timeline only and it's to facilitate a few different publishing lines, based on Gens covering different and unseen stories set in the past, as well as whatever is happening in the present.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 10-07-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    DCs' new timeline is revealed. Can I call this a Crisis? Or is this an Identity Crisis? I know for sure that this is not the Final Crisis.
    I think it's a Mid-life Crisis
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Years ago, I thought of DC doing something like this: Golden, Silver, and Modern Age lines with titles and stories that fit those respective eras of comic book history. Want Barry Allen as the Flash? He's in the Silver line of DC Comics. Prefer Wally West? He's over in the Modern line. Is DC actually going to do something like that?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It worked with Star Wars for Dark Horse.
    Some readers preferred the Rebellion Era, some preferred the Old Republic Era.

And if DC is smart and puts equal talent on the books, they could determine which era people want more.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think it's a Mid-life Crisis
    Ours, or Dan Didio's?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Ours, or Dan Didio's?

Let's say both

I would rather they started over.

PERIOD.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I would rather they started over.

PERIOD.
    Start over with whom and what is the question

Yeah, not liking any of that 5G business at all. DC must know it's a stupid idea, you can't just replace the OG's like nothing happened, and expect everyone to just accept that, it's already been shown not to work, and I'd hope they're not dense enough to make the same mistake as Marvel, but DC has shown itself to be susceptible to bad decisions already. The only redeeming factor would be if it's a another sort of line of books, that doesn't affect the running ones. Though that might be too much to ask for.

But also a part of me will remain cynical since this is BC, they've gotten stuff right in the past, but they also haven't. I thought Duke instead of Luke that was going to be the new batman, and it would happen at the end of king's run? I'll try to keep an open mind. This could all be smoke and mirrors

Astonishing Member

Well, provided that it is not just a new imprint like the good old MC2 reality (the one with Spider-Girl/May Parker), I'd say that it could be a pretty ballsy move IF they are doing it well, as in trying to incorporate the ENTIRE universe into one recognizable timeline with reference to real events like WWII. I am not saying that I'll like it or even read it. I am just curious that the same house who gave us New52 now is basically following the opposite premise, thus making the DCU a legacyverse in its entirety.

I doubt that it will last more than one year (I mean, as soon as the JJ Abramverse happens they will go back to the classic DCU). However, it is interesting how both DCU and Marvel (as far as I know) are following a direction which reminds me of the Archieverse: not classic line-wide events, but rather completely creative approaches for an entire universe which keeps being relaunched under different "names".

I wonder how long the classic format can support this type of approach; to me, it is a confirmation that they are going towards the single one-shots à la Black Label (and personally speaking, I ma looking forward to it).

P.S. I also wonder hoe much it has to do with the characters falling into Public Domain in the next years. But maybe it's just me.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Makes me wonder if they'll also change the name of the team book. The golden age had the Justice Society while the silver aged made in the JLA. If they really went all in they'd make a new name too.