Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

An Exclusive Look Inside Flash #750 from C2E2 – and the Story That Will Change the DC Universe - SPOILERS: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The timeline was always a stupid idea. You’re going to set hard dates to events? That’s absolutely idiotic, anyone with a brain knew this could not last, except Didio apparently. Just tell us what’s canon and what’s not, all I want to know is what stories are in-canon so writers can start building on stuff instead of constantly playing guessing games. And it looks like we’re still getting that at least for better or worse.
    I don't care for hard dates because it won't be possible but I sill want a timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    An Exclusive Look Inside Flash #750 from C2E2 – and the Story That Will Change the DC Universe - SPOILERS: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/
    spoilers:
    You know I was personally fine not seeing the New 52 teen titans ever again. But I'll be serious for a bit, I am interested with what I am seeing here. Some thoughts

-Nice to see the Wildstorm universe as I have some fond memories of some of the characters and teams involved with that imprint, not Jim Lee's 90's versions but still.
    -I like the acknowledgment of crises and zero hour, which is generally why I like this idea.
    -I 'm assuming the JSA and Legion moment is him seeing the aftermath of doomsday clock
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    You know I was personally fine not seeing the New 52 teen titans ever again. But I'll be serious for a bit, I am interested with what I am seeing here. Some thoughts

-Nice to see the Wildstorm universe as I have some fond memories of some of the characters and teams involved with that imprint, not Jim Lee's 90's versions but still.
    -I like the acknowledgment of crises and zero hour, which is generally why I like this idea.
    -I 'm assuming the JSA and Legion moment is him seeing the aftermath of doomsday clock
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully he uses his power to simplify Donna's past.

The Infected: Deathbringer already established that she remembers all of her origin stories. Her true one would probably now be her original one.

spoilers:
    I'm interested in the implications for some other characters. Does this mean two Kon-Els are running around? And if so, why didn't Clark mistake pre-Flashpoint Conner (the one currently in Young Justice) for his New 52 counterpart in Action Comics this week? It appeared that New 52 Kon had been erased (in Superman Reborn, as that's where we first learned that Clark doesn't remember Conner), but now that's no longer the case.

I guess when Impulse goes home he'll find his loved ones waiting for him now? In Flash Annual #2, he found that nobody was home - probably because both Jay Garrick and Max Mercury were still lost at the time. Apparently now they're not.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It looks like DC is embracing how much of a mess their continuity is .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like DC is embracing how much of a mess their continuity is .
    Well they've been using it as an excuse to do whatever they want since 2016, so why not? Four years of them hand waving inconsistencies and changes with nothing more than "Dr. Manhattan stole forty years. He stole 40 years. That's four decades. And that's terrible."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What else can they do at this point? It's not like they can pretend it never happened now. Continuity is too much of a mess and the fanbase is too divided. Who knows? Ten years from now we may get someone in charge who grew up on the DCAU and decides that's the new continuity and undoes everything else.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Well...avoiding hard dates might be the best way to ignore the whole "is it 2020 or is it 1998 right now?" debate that Didio's timeline inspired.

But it does beg the question. Will Diana and the JSA continue to be anchored in the WW2 era? In which case, how does that affect Bruce and Clark? Are they still on a sliding timescale (albeit, having started their career something like "40 years ago" rather than "15 years ago"?) Lucius and Alfred are apparently around during the G1 era...so how does that still work if Bruce's timeline is shifted further ahead?

The gap between G1 and G2 is really the only major problem they need to fix. That apart, everything falls into place fairly smoothly. If you want to age Bruce up to his 60's, all you need to do is say that Bruce started his career around 40 years ago (maybe show some vague 80's inspired art in the flashbacks - should be easy enough since Year One was actually written that decade), as did the other JL founders, and stretch out the rest of the timeline a bit.

So basically this is just Zero Hour again?

Wally goes crazy, kills people, gets god-like powers and tries to re-set history to fix it, thus changing continuity. It's just Hal/Parallax again. Only Wally isn't being portrayed as a villain (yet).
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I think Wally just named the next Crisis, No Hour.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I think Wally just named the next Crisis, No Hour.
    Heh, DC COMICS PRESENTS: NO HOUR, NO ONE CARES

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So basically this is just Zero Hour again?

Wally goes crazy, kills people, gets god-like powers and tries to re-set history to fix it, thus changing continuity. It's just Hal/Parallax again. Only Wally isn't being portrayed as a villain (yet).
    Scott Lobdell specifically said it's NOT like Zero Hour and Wally isn't evil. We already have our villains for this story.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Scott Lobdell specifically said it's NOT like Zero Hour and Wally isn't evil. We already have our villains for this story.
    Matter of perspective. Hal could have been viewed as a hero in Zero Hour as what he was doing was justified in a way. Not that it matters at this point anyway as his being a murderer was shrugged off later as "Evil Space Bug."
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Matter of perspective. Hal could have been viewed as a hero in Zero Hour as what he was doing was justified in a way. Not that it matters at this point anyway as his being a murderer was shrugged off later as "Evil Space Bug."
    I just feel like very few readers would agree that Hal was written as a hero there.