Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Flash Foward is a fun read. But I guess, if you dislike his take in Jason and the kind of stories he writes for him, you may as well dislike his Wally and this story. Seems logical. Not that he writes both the same, but both keep a sense of humour, fun and dramatics that resemble each other a lot, I think.

Glad to know that Wally isn't going to become some kind of wallpaper to the DCU or something. I guess this will be just some temporally post and seat then. Hope so. Good.
    You know what I will admit that is probably the one good thing coming out of this. I was actually worried what would happen once Flash Forward ended but I will admit having him be a big part of the upcoming events is somewhat good to know he won't be forgotten right away.

Who knows maybe we will get lucky and its not Wally has gone Parallax, but that he is seeing some soon to be threat but everyone thinks he is going Parallax after Heroes in Crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I will admit that is probably the one good thing coming out of this. I was actually worried what would happen once Flash Forward ended but I will admit having him be a big part of the upcoming events is somewhat good to know he won't be forgotten right away.

Who knows maybe we will get lucky and its not Wally has gone Parallax, but that he is seeing some soon to be threat but everyone thinks he is going Parallax after Heroes in Crisis.
    Ah, I could read that story. Sounds like one I would enjoy :3. This whatever-we're-calling-event starts in early summer, right? Not a long wait. And May is just before that.

Ah, I could read that story. Sounds like one I would enjoy :3. This whatever-we're-calling-event starts in early summer, right? Not a long wait. And May is just before that.
    Well I'll go get the blue lanterns, we are gonna have to try to hold out some hope for this. In all honesty though I am here to see what 5G will look like and if I will enjoy not to mention, and I know I'm bringing criticism and voodoo on myself, after Heroes in Crisis and being forgotten for 5 years....really whats the worst that they can do to him. I sincerely mean that, he has already accidentally killed a handful of heroes by accident in a grief strict panic and then blamed people for it and then went to jail so really things can really only go up from here. Not to mention he already went semi crazy in flash war trying to fix reality before this. Just let it happen and lets see where Wally lands.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well I'll go get the blue lanterns, we are gonna have to try to hold out some hope for this. In all honesty though I am here to see what 5G will look like and if I will enjoy not to mention, and I know I'm bringing criticism and voodoo on myself, after Heroes in Crisis and being forgotten for 5 years....really whats the worst that they can do to him. I sincerely mean that, he has already accidentally killed a handful of heroes by accident in a grief strict panic and then blamed people for it and then went to jail so really things can really only go up from here. Not to mention he already went semi crazy in flash war trying to fix reality before this. Just let it happen and lets see where Wally lands.
    Worse than that? Let me see...

Spoilers for Marvel Comics of like... maybe four years ago? If not more. Has to do with certain mad scientist who can grow big and shrink.

spoilers:

Killing him (albeit, when saving the day) after years of painting him like a non really trustworthy, crazy, abusive, non very heroic hero; then bring him back as some kind of robotsymbiote hero; then turn him dead all along and just make his robochild wear his face, or half of it, while being too crazy to determine if he is himself, or his father.

Daaaamn, the idea of Pymtron was so cool... I liked it when it actually was Hank in there. But no, it couldn't be that good. Hank was a very flawed character, but I think they could've written some great, crazy stories with that yet. Maybe because of that, even. No need to make him deader than dead. I wasn't even a fan of him, and I felt sorry for him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Worse than that? Let me see...

Spoilers for Marvel Comics of like... maybe four years ago? If not more. Has to do with certain mad scientist who can grow big and shrink.

spoilers:

Killing him (albeit, when saving the day) after years of painting him like a non really trustworthy, crazy, abusive, non very heroic hero; then bring him back as some kind of robotsymbiote hero; then turn him dead all along and just make his robochild wear his face, or half of it, while being too crazy to determine if he is himself, or his father.

Daaaamn, the idea of Pinktron was so cool... I liked it when it actually was Hank in there. But no, it couldn't be that good. Hank was a very flawed character, but I think they could've written some great, crazy stories with that yet. Maybe because of that, even. No need to make him deader than dead. I wasn't even a fan of him, and I felt sorry for him.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think DC wants to replace Cyborg...sorry bad joke. But honestly that kind of thing only worked in that situation because of that character and his history. All I meant is that when it comes to Wally not much worse can be done that hasn't been done already and I will try to maintain some optimism that this cannot get any worse.
    Words to live by.

I don't think DC wants to replace Cyborg...sorry bad joke. But honestly that kind of thing only worked in that situation because of that character and his history. All I meant is that when it comes to Wally not much worse can be done that hasn't been done already and I will try to maintain some optimism that this cannot get any worse.
    Geez, you quoted me before I could edit that Pinktron xD.

Let's bring the blue light of hope! spoilers:
    Wally is wearing blue now after all, so it just fits
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It isn't just editorial mandates, but the actual quality of his stories and characterizations is very poor. His New 52 work was genuinely awful across the board, and he was tasked with basically writing nearly every young hero at that time for some reason. You can only blame editorial for so much, and when a writer is failing at getting basic and fundamental characterization down that is on them. I know Jason fans will defend him, which is fine, but he has too many failings for me to give his New 52 work any sort of pass.

Lobdell's Ric Grayson story is one of the poorest and ill-thought-out stories I have ever read. I say that completely seriously. In every conceivable way it was a disaster. It was lazy, had the bare minimum of effort and planning put into it, and failed at every single thing it set out to do. From the story, the pacing, and characterization. Not only that, but it was supposed to just last for 3 issues until Lobdell campaigned for it to last longer. So he apparently has enough pull at DC even after all his failed books to still get what he wants, which I'll never understand. Then he left the book anyway after it turned into a huge disaster.

His Flash Forward book I just couldn't get into. Him and Booth's art were too much for me. So to me he is still the last person I want anywhere near rebooting or redefining characters, including Wally.
    He's a good friend's with bob Harras and in Harra's own words as long as he's around Scott Lobdell will always have a job at Dc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC’s Generation Zero Boldly Sets the Stage for the Past, Present and Future of the DC Universe

Saturday, May 2, 2020 is Free Comic Book Day, and DC has huge surprises in store for fans of all ages with two free comic books! DC’s Generation Zero provides a closer look into what’s next for the DC Universe, and the DC Middle Grade Graphic Novels flipbook previews great graphic novels for middle grade readers, featuring Batman and all-new characters.

DC’s Generation Zero

The march towards DC’s future begins with Generation Zero! This 32-page issue features a stunning cover by Francis Manapul and features key stories involving Wally West, The Fastest Man Alive, and Wonder Woman, warrior princess from the island of Themyscira. New and longtime fans can’t afford to miss Generation Zero; this book lays the foundation for even more seismic-level changes in the DC Universe.

It all starts here, and everything counts.

“Flash Forward: Epilogue” is an extension of the unbelievable conclusion to the Flash Forward six-issue miniseries, with all-new content from the series team of writer Scott Lobdell and artist Brett Booth.

In order to save his children and the multiverse itself, Wally West makes the ultimate sacrifice, taking his place in the Moebius Chair. Unbeknownst to him, the chair is packing a little extra power, having been imbued with the godlike powers of Dr. Manhattan! Now armed with infinite knowledge – and the powers of a god – Wally West can see the past, present and future of the DC Universe all at once.

…Including what needs to be changed.

Generation Zero also includes a reprint of “A Brave New World,” from Wonder Woman #750. Written by Scott Snyder with art by Bryan Hitch, Wonder Woman makes her debut as DC’s first superhero, saving the life of Franklin D. Roosevelt during an assassination attempt at the 1930 World’s Fair in New York. As a nation hears more about her heroic exploits, it inspires some citizens to consider their own unique gifts, and how they could be used to help protect the world – among them Alan Scott, who will become the first Green Lantern!

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-book-day-2020
    Got to say, that's a neat cover!

We've got Batman Who Laughs. We've got a string of Supermen (the first two of whom seem to be modelled after the Golden Age Superman). We have the New 52 Justice League. We have Silver Age Batman and Robin. And we have the classic New Teen Titans. And of course, Wally at the centre of it all.

So yeah, it does feel like every DC era is being 'represented' in some way or form. But to what extent, and how much in line with the leaked timeline, we don't know!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash: Inside the Return of Jay Garrick

That hopeful theme, and the fact it takes place in the early 1940s, makes this feel like a kind of sequel to the story that Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch did in Wonder Woman #750. So is this supposed to kind of be the next chapter of that in a way?

Joshua Williamson: I wouldn't say the next chapter, but I would definitely say it's in the same vein. It's supposed to honor that story and show these things are happening and this story is moving forward. I think it's another sign of a bigger story that we're telling in the DC Universe that you're going to start seeing more and more.

There's other stories inside The Flash #750 aside from this one that kind of move a couple of things forward that you'll see in the spring and then the summer leading into the fall. So I would say it's not like it's a sequel, but it is another piece of that puzzle that we're building.

There was a moment in a recent issue of Justice League where Barry is in the 1940s with the JSA, and he tells Jay he feels like they've already met, but Jay doesn't feel that way, since their first meeting hasn't happened for Jay yet. There's obviously coordination with you, Scott Snyder, and other DC writers. I feel like that's happening with these JSA stories. How were these kind of divided up between everybody?

Joshua Williamson: I mean, I actually wrote this Jay story before the Wonder Woman story was written. And Scott and I talk fairly frequently throughout the week and throughout the day, we bounce back and forth and kind of get on the phone or get on chat so we can talk to each other. I mean we just talked to each other. It's that easy. We talk to each other and we discuss what we're going to do and he knew I was going to be doing this story and then I thought he was going to be doing that story and there was a little bit of an "Oh, okay, can we connect these?" We make sure it's all part of the thing.

Scott's always really liked Wonder Woman and he's always wanting to do a story with Wonder Woman in this specific area. So I think it was perfect for him. I always wanted to bring Jay in and do a hopeful story with Jay. This one Jay story you're getting is eight pages in an 80 page book. And it's funny...once you read all 80 pages, these eight pages are going to take on a whole new meaning for you. You're going to look at certain things and be like "Oh, that's what this was about." It'll actually start to build.

Full interview here: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...of-jay-garrick

BANNED

Blonde or strawberry blonde Jay?

Hold up...there’s an evil reverse Jay Garrick flash?
    Words to live by.

Hold up...there’s an evil reverse Jay Garrick flash?
    The Rival, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Rival, yes.
    I was unaware he existed, and am now realizing that there is some sort of weird reverse flash family with Reverse-Flash, Zoom, Inertia, and apparently the Rival.
    Words to live by.

I was unaware he existed, and am now realizing that there is some sort of weird reverse flash family with Reverse-Flash, Zoom, Inertia, and apparently the Rival.
    Yeah. Johns was going to have another Flash event with the Flash Family vs. the Reverse Flash Family after his original ending for Flashpoint, but then the higher ups at WB came calling and the ending of Flashpoint was changed with the whole Pandora thing, Vertigo, DC and Wildstorm were merged into one and we got the New 52 instead.