Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Found another one. The first one in Green Lantern row under Zero Hour isn't Parallax, but "Guy debuts as Warrior". I checked the date, both Zero Hour and Guy Gardner Warrior is in 1994

Then the last one, "Ollie dies, Connor Hawke debuts as Green Arrow"
    Ollie did die before Connor Hawke becomes Green Arrow.
    Can you believe I did half read the one about Guy but dismissed it because I trusted BC more? I got all right except for the WARRIOR part.
    I can't believe I couldn't read the part about Ollie. It was evident, geez.

Well, I've changed those two too now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Year 3 was the original Post Crisis Dick debut before they retcon it. They're making Year 1, 2, and 3 back in continuity.
    I didn't know Dark Victory is Year 5. I don't remember it being mentioned inside the comic or in the blurb.
    Long Halloween starts in June of Year 2 and ends on Halloween of Year 3 (with an epilogue on Christmas I believe) and Dark Victory starts in August of Year 4 and ends on Halloween of Year 5 with Dick's swearing-in. Year 3 is obviously the classic Robin debut year, so I'm not saying they made a mistake, just that it's rather strange they chose to have so much decompression in other parts of the timeline, but compress Batman's early years so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Year x - Tim Drake
    Year x+1 - Knightfall
    Year x+2 - stuff
    Year x+3 - No Man's Land
    Year x+4 - Officer Down
    Year x+5 - Worlds at War/Last Laugh
    Year x+6 - Murderer/Fugitive
    Year x+7 - War Games, Identity Crisis
    Year x+8 - Infinite Crisis, 52 begins
    Year x+9 - 52 ends
    Year x+10 - Final Crisis
    Year x+11 - Return of Bruce Wayne
    Year x+12 - Batman Incorporated
    I think this is more a case of each previous story arc being "last year", rather than a hard canonical passing of time in the DC Universe. Tim Drake was 13/14 when he was introduced, and has never aged past 17/18.

I've came across "rejoins" once, so it could be that case, I guess?
    Certainly possible. I was thinking more on Billy Batson's age.

could be, but if the "Barbara returns as Batgirl" before Final Crisis is right, then it's going to be a straight timeline
    And that's before Damian debuts on this timeline, right?

Also, Supergirl's death in COIE is still on this timeline, just like Barry's. No idea what that means for her if the generations are in the same continuity.

Then the last one, "Ollie dies, Connor Hawke debuts as Green Arrow"
    Connor might exist again? Awesome. Now, if we could get Lian back, that'd be even better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think this is more a case of each previous story arc being "last year", rather than a hard canonical passing of time in the DC Universe. Tim Drake was 13/14 when he was introduced, and has never aged past 17/18.
    The problem is DC trying to keep all their characters perpetually young despite showing the clear passage of time in their comics. The last official timeline DC published was in Secret Files & Origins Guide to the DC Universe 2000. After that, if you follow the actual dates, holiday seasons, times of the year, passages of time such as 52, etc. presented in the comics (namely the Batman line is what I'm most familiar with) this is how it lines up. I can provide concrete references as well.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

Also, Supergirl's death in COIE is still on this timeline, just like Barry's. No idea what that means for her if the generations are in the same continuity.
    It also raises the question of whether the current Supergirl is the same one who died in COIE resurrected or a similar, but separate entity.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It also raises the question of whether the current Supergirl is the same one who died in COIE resurrected or a similar, but separate entity.
    Absolutely. And (again, if the current one and old one are both in same continuity), which one is the "real" one, Clark's actual cousin? And does that mean anything in regards to the two Zor-Els?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Long Halloween starts in June of Year 2 and ends on Halloween of Year 3 (with an epilogue on Christmas I believe) and Dark Victory starts in August of Year 4 and ends on Halloween of Year 5 with Dick's swearing-in. Year 3 is obviously the classic Robin debut year, so I'm not saying they made a mistake, just that it's rather strange they chose to have so much decompression in other parts of the timeline, but compress Batman's early years so much.
    Oh ok.

Thank you. I read Year One, then Long Halloween and Dark Victory from recommendation but have no idea where they are in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The way I find things in this timeline is to look for events that I know happened when they're originally published and see if they're written on the time table

So... when did Post Crisis Kara arrive in that Superman/Batman story and when Cir-El appeared? They may change it to "Kara or Supergirl Returns"

Matrix Supergirl is not mentioned debuting. They only mentioned Death of Superman, Reign of Superman and Superman Returns.

Absolutely. And (again, if the current one and old one are both in same continuity), which one is the "real" one, Clark's actual cousin? And does that mean anything in regards to the two Zor-Els?
    Gen 4 didn't mention anything about Supergirl or Zor-El but since they mention Pre-Crisis Supergirl and Reign of Supermen, right now I'm going to assume Cyborg Zor-El is out. That's what I would've done to simplify things.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Connor might exist again? Awesome. Now, if we could get Lian back, that'd be even better.
    I can definitely read that name, so yeah: it seems like he will be brought back into continuity :3
    What I'm missing is events related to Roy, actually. I'm sure I've read his name in the boxes for the Titans, but nothing in the green ones for gen 3. And that seems weird, because there's a lot of stuff for Donna, for example, whose story is even messier. I wonder if it's because they haven't figure out what they want in and what they don't yet.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Someone seems to "lose powers" in the Gen 2 Year 10 Wonder Woman row... oh... nooo...

That's Diana! "Diana loses powers"!

Fashion designer Diana is back! XD

Gen 4 didn't mention anything about Supergirl or Zor-El but since they mention Pre-Crisis Supergirl and Reign of Supermen, right now I'm going to assume Cyborg Zor-El is out.
    Well, I'm certainly cool with getting rid of him. But this means we are taking Supergirl back to being part of Dick's generation - not something we've ever really seen. I mean, she was when introduced, but didn't interact with any of the others because by time they started interacting (first the Robin, KF, Aqualad team-up, but then Teen Titans), she was in college. Then, she was gone and no new Supergirl interacted with sidekick peers until she showed up again as a member of Tim's generation. So, we may only have the very first Supergirl? Not sure. Her arriving after Teen Titans debut is different, but explains why she wasn't on the team.

Also, Dick debuts as Robin in year 3 of gen 2, and New Teen Titans in year 12 and Tim not until year 4 of gen 3, so are we getting our age gap back? Because this puts 16 years between their debuts. Even if Dick was 8 (and I find 10 a minimum since Teen Titans is year 6), he'd be 24 when Tim debuted, if these were in-universe years in same continuity.

Interestingly, Damian seems to be de-aged on debut. And it's all in one generation. Born year 6, debuts year 14. But he's always had the possibility of speed aging. Wallace is born year 1, though, so if in-universe years would be 5 years older than Damian.

Again, just using Bleeding Cool "squinting" version - except for the Gen 4 clear image posted, I can't read most of the material from the images.

What I'm missing is events related to Roy, actually.
    I agree. I went back and double-checked the original Titans debut event, because I was contemplating that he'd been erased from reality.

Astonishing Member

The problem is DC trying to keep all their characters perpetually young despite showing the clear passage of time in their comics. The last official timeline DC published was in Secret Files & Origins Guide to the DC Universe 2000. After that, if you follow the actual dates, holiday seasons, times of the year, passages of time such as 52, etc. presented in the comics (namely the Batman line is what I'm most familiar with) this is how it lines up. I can provide concrete references as well.
    Those kind of seasonal things are in the same boat as Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin every Halloween. It doesn't really count.

Well, I'm certainly cool with getting rid of him. But this means we are taking Supergirl back to being part of Dick's generation - not something we've ever really seen. I mean, she was when introduced, but didn't interact with any of the others because by time they started interacting (first the Robin, KF, Aqualad team-up, but then Teen Titans), she was in college. Then, she was gone and no new Supergirl interacted with sidekick peers until she showed up again as a member of Tim's generation. So, we may only have the very first Supergirl? Not sure. Her arriving after Teen Titans debut is different, but explains why she wasn't on the team.

Also, Dick debuts as Robin in year 3 of gen 2, and New Teen Titans in year 12 and Tim not until year 4 of gen 3, so are we getting our age gap back? Because this puts 16 years between their debuts. Even if Dick was 8 (and I find 10 a minimum since Teen Titans is year 6), he'd be 24 when Tim debuted, if these were in-universe years in same continuity.

Interestingly, Damian seems to be de-aged on debut. And it's all in one generation. Born year 6, debuts year 14. But he's always had the possibility of speed aging. Wallace is born year 1, though, so if in-universe years would be 5 years older than Damian.

Again, just using Bleeding Cool "squinting" version - except for the Gen 4 clear image posted, I can't read most of the material from the images.
    Since Supergirl died, her return could be de-aged. I just haven't found where or if she's returning. That's why I'm asking when Post Crisis Kara debuted. If I'm DC, that's when I'll have her return.

Damian is de-aged on his debut because they want to match it with the Rebirth age of 13, but now I can't tell when Bruce and Dick are going to be de-aged. There's still Zero Hour though. Let's say everyone de-aged during Zero Hour, because Damian's born during or after it, it leaves Damian free to have real-time aging.

Those kind of seasonal things are in the same boat as Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin every Halloween. It doesn't really count.
    I agree - seasons and holidays don't count. Some have Christmas issues almost every real-world year.

For me, I just want everyone to age at the same rate. I'm even willing to forgive pregnancies that take less time than they should (like 10 real-world issues, while only weeks pass in another comic and no one has a birthday) if the kids would just age properly once born.

Since Supergirl died, her return could be de-aged. I just haven't found where or if she's returning. That's why I'm asking when Post Crisis Kara debuted since if I'm DC, that's when I'll have her returning.
    The last one/cousin version of Supergirl? May 2004, according the wiki.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-05-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Incredible Member

It does if you read the stories that I'm talking about - Rucka's Detective and Brubaker's Batman, as well as stories that are specifically built around the passage of time (52) or rely on it so heavily that they don't make logical sense without it (Long Halloween). As well as stories that depict a character getting pregnant and later giving birth, necessitating nine in-universe months, etc. Some temporal logic cannot be ignored so easily.