Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I am not the only one who is confused by this timeline, right? I mean, unless this is the timeline after doomsday clock or something, I don’t really understand what’s going on anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well if you believe Bleeding Cool about 5G, it won't be the same people as the heroes, with a new Batman (Fox), Superman (Jonathan Kent) and Wonder Woman taking over the roles of those characters, to be followed by new Flash, GL, Aquaman etc. and it won't be the obvious sidekick/legacy characters taking over the role. So in a sense, if BC is right, the whole timeline is just housekeeping for a hole new DCU moving forward essentially, not a reboot but a changing of the guard ad the old guard has aged out of their roles.

I am not sure I see DC actually doing this or how well it would be received, but if correct it would answer what DC was working towards with the timeline, and a lot of the questions we've seen about the actual age of characters would be essentially moot as they won't be the featured players moving forward.

-M
    I can't see DC phasing out the old characters.Gen 5 might be about the Batman Beyond and LOSH era or a reboot/retool for the existing characters.

Wow, I never realized how lame Gen 4 is compared to the others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing 51 View Post
    I am not the only one who is confused by this timeline, right? I mean, unless this is the timeline after doomsday clock or something, I don’t really understand what’s going on anymore.
    Well I don't think anyone understands it (even if they claim they do) since we don't know what it means yet really.

Speculating can be fun, but dangerous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing 51 View Post
    It makes sense if they throw out real time aging and our reality temporal laws. There's also seems to be no real world dates dated even if WW 2 is mentioned. Bit of real world, but with different fictional 4-d laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    I would love to add all the images used in the original by DC but I have a bit of a problem identifying a few of the images:
    Generation 3 Year 8: Can anyone identify the image used here
    Generation 3 Year 11: Can anyone identify the logo? used below Infinite Crisis
    + I think it's a bunch of characters from Fawcett, Chariton, etc put together. I think that's Captain Marvel just in the front (Alex Ross version).

+ That's the logo for 52.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2019 at 12:02 PM.

If the rumors are true that DC will be publishing books that take place in different time periods I can definitely see the Luke Fox as Batman and John Kent as Superman era being one of them.

It’s an interesting idea which will allow the current traditional heroes to keep their roles while having books about potential futures. Reminds me of the first Super Sons book with Clark and Bruce Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    My bad. Those are my "transcripts" of the timeline and for some reason I misspelled his name. I see I also misspelled Connor Hawke. Not good. I'm usually one of those who point out mistakes like this. Both have been fixed in the pdf.
    Ohhh, sorry - I thought the images were from DC. No problem. Thanks for typing it out all legibly - I gave up trying to make out the blurry photo after 9 seconds.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If the rumors are true that DC will be publishing books that take place in different time periods I can definitely see the Luke Fox as Batman and John Kent as Superman era being one of them.

It’s an interesting idea which will allow the current traditional heroes to keep their roles while having books about potential futures. Reminds me of the first Super Sons book with Clark and Bruce Jr.
    Years ago, I thought of DC doing something like this: Golden, Silver, and Modern Age lines with titles and stories that fit those respective eras of comic book history. Want Barry Allen as the Flash? He's in the Silver line of DC Comics. Prefer Wally West? He's over in the Modern line. Is DC actually going to do something like that?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

That's the only potential thing that could save the idea for me. Although I'd still be a bit wary because, like with Superman for instance, while reading what are essentially period piece stories would be fun, I eventually would want to read modern stories with him too. And that wouldn't be an option.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Tenz: for "Flash of Two Worlds." It should be "Barry meets Jay." Wally would meet Jay slightly later.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Tenz: for "Flash of Two Worlds." It should be "Barry meets Jay." Wally would meet Jay slightly later.

It's a B in the original scan, or at least, it was for me. Maybe it's another typo. Accidents can happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Aaaaarggggghhh!!!! This is what happens when you don't proofread. At this rate I might have a chance if I apply for a position at Bleeding Cool

PDF updated again

Regarding implications for the age of the trinity...

Wonder Woman's age is the least problematic. Being the original hero allows for both JSA and JLA membership, which is great.
    Sadly it means Steve Trevor is long since dead, unless he gets a magical resurrection in modern day (it's happened before).

Superman as non-aging isn't unfathomable, but it makes Lois the odd duck. Did he have a long career before ever meeting her?
    If Lois has only been on the scene the last twenty years, it makes all the history work...but golden age Superman without Lois feels odd.

Batman in his fifties or sixties also feels weird. Has Bruce ever gotten a Rhas Al Ghul bath? If so, that would de-age him and make a lot explainable.
    But again, that means all the supporting players weren't around for his golden age adventures. Again, feels odd.

Probably the most problematic in terms of age is the Fab 5. I positively don't want a Dick/Roy/Wally/Donna/Garth in their 40's.
    I don't want Barbara and Kara that old either.

All that said, wasn't there an a-ha somewhere early in this thread (let's say around page 150) that the published timeline stated that years weren't to be take literally, but rather were built with an assumed timeline compression? (With a link to a Bleeding Cool article stating the same?) If that's the case, the only real oddity is Batman and Superman appearing before the JSA goes into retirement.
    Wonder Woman appears, Golden Age happens, JSA et al appear and then DISAPPEAR. Wonder Woman returns back to Themiscyra.
    Nice clean break.
    THEN Batman and Superman begin in the "modern era".
    Then it all works.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Regarding implications for the age of the trinity...

Wonder Woman's age is the least problematic. Being the original hero allows for both JSA and JLA membership, which is great.
    Sadly it means Steve Trevor is long since dead, unless he gets a magical resurrection in modern day (it's happened before).
    Remember when Steve was a JLA liason? Maybe he was a JSA liason before and happens to jump forward in time along with them...

Superman as non-aging isn't unfathomable, but it makes Lois the odd duck. Did he have a long career before ever meeting her?
    If Lois has only been on the scene the last twenty years, it makes all the history work...but golden age Superman without Lois feels odd.
    Immortality potion. I heard it taste like grapes. According to Tom King, Lois will outlive the Earth.

Batman in his fifties or sixties also feels weird. Has Bruce ever gotten a Rhas Al Ghul bath? If so, that would de-age him and make a lot explainable.
    Yes, at least once, during the Ressurection of Ras' Al Ghul storyline. He also had his body reset (I don't remember exactly how) during the latest Snyder run.
    [/QUOTE]
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!