Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 682
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,614

    Default DC's "new" timeline revealed at NYCC

    From Comicsbeat:

    DC Comics is in an advanced planning phase for a project that will iron out its connected timeline and create four distinct generations, the publisher announced at its NYCC DC Nation panel on Friday.

    DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio shared an elaborate tiered spreadsheet, but didn’t note much past that, saying, “While we won’t go into what the future is, we want to show you that what’s happening right now is a high level of planning.” The crux of this, based on what he said, seems to be a four generation approach to the publisher’s history.

    The first generation will start when Wonder Woman arrives in the United States and is revealed as the first superhero. The second will be Superman’s emergence. The third will be the period from Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985) to Flashpoint (2011), and the fourth generation will be the modern stories we’re all reading right now.

    When describing the first two generations, DiDio said, “I don’t remember reading those exact stories.” Strongly hinting there would be comic storytelling to flesh out the parameters of those generations and how they fit. He also repeatedly described this forthcoming timeline as the basis for the entire DC Universe moving forward.


    https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-19-dc-continuity/

    Full timeline:



    PDF with a readable full timeline recreated by Tenzel Kim: http://dcuguide.com/newdchistory/Gen...20Timeline.pdf

    Generation 1 - Dawn of the Heroic Age - 25 Year Time Window:

    Timeline recreated by Tenzel Kim:



    Generation 2 - The Space Age - 15 Year Window:

    Timeline recreated by Tenzel Kim:

    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-07-2019 at 01:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    Generation 3 - The Age of Crisis - 15 Year Time Window:

    Timeline recreated by Tenzel Kim:



    Generation 4 - The Flashpoint – 5 Year Time Window

    Year 1 – Wildstorm. Damian debuts as Robin, Dick Grayson debuts as Batman, Bruce returns, Donna Troy takes over Wonder Woman mantle, War of the Green Lanterns, Hal kills Mad Guardian

    Year 2 – Justice League. Court Of Owls, Damian Dies, Kryptonian Armour, Diana back as Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman becomes God of War, Tim returns to lead Teen Titans, Wally and Bart disappear into time stream, Hal is Green Lantern in Justice League, Kyle debuts as the White Lantern, Aquaman joins Justice League, Arthur crowned King again, Booster aware of timeline changes, vanishes, Plastic Man hibernation, Billy Batson and Shazam joins Justice League, Vic Sage resurrected, Harley Quinn joins Suicide Squad,

    Year 3 – DC Rebirth. Damian returns, Jim Gordon briefly becomes Batman, Batman (Bruce) and Red Robin unite Gotham vigilantes as formal team, Oz Effect, Joe-El Returns, Kents back in Metropolis, Wonder Woman relinquishes God Of War mantle, Original Titans reform, Dick, Lilith, Wally, Garth, Roy, Donna, Teen Titans reform, Damian, Kid Flash, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Wally returns, Ollie + Dinah back together, Ryan Choi returns, Booster returns, Ted Kord returns, Vic assumes the Question identity again.

    Year 4 – Dark Knight Metal, New Age Of DC Heroes. Bat/Cat wedding, Rogol Zaar, Jon travels to future, Damian’s New Teen Titans, Robin, Kid Flash, Crush, Red Arrow, Roundhouse, Bart Returns, The Terrifics formed, Plastic Man wakes from hibernation,

    Year 5 - Year Of The Villain, Hell Arisen. Jon returns from future/aged.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...m-hell-arisen/



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NnS25B6Hx/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-07-2019 at 07:08 AM.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    296

    Default

    So, Wonder Woman was the first superhero of the Heroic Age.
    That lines up with the DCEU and even Young Justice.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    So, Wonder Woman was the first superhero of the Heroic Age.
    That lines up with the DCEU and even Young Justice.
    But not with Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman Rebirth run.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,543

    Default

    WW is no stranger to getting multiple facelifts in record time. Probably time for another. Horrible in terms of creating any kind of consistency for the character, its tiring hoping the next rework will be the last for a while. That said there was nothing so fantastic about Rucka's take that I'd freak out about changes in a vacuum.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    WW is no stranger to getting multiple facelifts in record time. Probably time for another. Horrible in terms of creating any kind of consistency for the character, its tiring hoping the next rework will be the last for a while. That said there was nothing so fantastic about Rucka's take that I'd freak out about changes in a vacuum.
    I think Rucka gave her a good modern origin and starting baseline, and I don't think DC would throw out her latest origin that quick, especially when it was fairly "evergreen" as far as origins go.

  7. #7
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But not with Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman Rebirth run.
    Rebirth might be relegated to being DCYou 2.0.

  8. #8
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    FIXED TIMELINE™ is brought to you by "people who broke the timeline".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But not with Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman Rebirth run.
    Well, things are probably changing due to Doomsday Clock. It's probably WWII that brings Diana into Man's World and maybe she returns in 50's when the JSA disbands. Then she comes back when Trevor crashes on Themyscira.

  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, things are probably changing due to Doomsday Clock. It's probably WWII that brings Diana into Man's World and maybe she returns in 50's when the JSA disbands. Then she comes back when Trevor crashes on Themyscira.
    Yeah, but the whole point of her Rebirth origin was that was the first time she went to Man's World. The story and how she related to her supporting cast at the time changes dramatically otherwise.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    FIXED TIMELINE™ is brought to you by "people who broke the timeline".
    LOL!!!!!!!!! Nice!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Wonder Woman preceding Superman as the first superhero isn't as *much* of a conceptual kneecapping for her as for the JSA, but still a bad idea that serves neither party, especially since they just last month put to bed that they weren't public as superheroes and ESPECIALLY especially given this throws Wonder Woman: Year One out the window.

    Anyway this is dorky and dumb as hell, everything started vaguely 15 Years Ago at both of the big two and that's more than good enough. Anything more than that and you just gotta acknowledge Batman is 80. Love me some graphs and charts for my comics but I want them to know the hierarchy of Worldminds that live in black holes and the structure of the multiverse, not some "as of the current state of the DCU Lois and Clark screwed August 7th, 2005 to produce Jonathan" nonsense that'll be instantly made irrelevant by the sliding timeline anyway. Hell, one of the things I've liked MOST about DC since the end of Rebirth is them playing fast-and-loose with continuity details for the sake of individual stories, this is the opposite of what they need.

    End of the day though, sadly, I can understand why Lee is qualifying this as a Big Deal because so many nerds will think that this A. Matters, and B. Is a good thing.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,244

    Default

    2009, not 2005. Jon was 10 before his recent age-up. Damian would've been born in 2006.

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Wonder Woman preceding Superman as the first superhero isn't as *much* of a conceptual kneecapping for her as for the JSA, but still a bad idea that serves neither party, especially since they just last month put to bed that they weren't public as superheroes and ESPECIALLY especially given this throws Wonder Woman: Year One out the window.

    Anyway this is dorky and dumb as hell, everything started vaguely 15 Years Ago at both of the big two and that's more than good enough. Anything more than that and you just gotta acknowledge Batman is 80. Love me some graphs and charts for my comics but I want them to know the hierarchy of Worldminds that live in black holes and the structure of the multiverse, not some "as of the current state of the DCU Lois and Clark screwed August 7th, 2005 to produce Jonathan" nonsense that'll be instantly made irrelevant by the sliding timeline anyway. Hell, one of the things I've liked MOST about DC since the end of Rebirth is them playing fast-and-loose with continuity details for the sake of individual stories, this is the opposite of what they need.

    End of the day though, sadly, I can understand why Lee is qualifying this as a Big Deal because so many nerds will think that this A. Matters, and B. Is a good thing.
    Guess I'm one of those nerds...Very happy to see the logo for Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron on the Generation One sheet.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Actually, I kinda hate to say it, but theory: Scott Snyder is why Wonder Woman now precedes Superman, because he's said forever he wants to write her and he's made clear he'll be writing a JSA book. Maybe the continuity shift'll play out of the Crisis-scale end of his JL run. If the JSA's kept to the shadows with Superman still as the first publicly, Wonder Woman as their first and leader could be neat, but it's not worth ditching Year One and honestly Diana's the Leaguer Snyder has the weakest grasp on; shame she's the one he's apparently taken with. Unless it's Hippolyta, and while her being the first ever superhero would be...odd, but worth it to avoid messing with things too much further.
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •