Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1389
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'd much rather have JSA characters on their own seperate Earth. This way they can include Wonder Woman, Black Canary and Hawkman without having to reconcile them with the current versions.
    Agreed. 10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    As with Superman, they've been retroactively altering her continuity to the point that altering it again for a new way to tell stories about her is always a good thing.

You can tell great stories with Wonder Woman's origin set in the present, you can do so with it set in the past. Both work, but I would love to see what they do with her in the 1940s after decades of the comics largely dancing around it with half-measures.

Give Diana in the 1940s again a go for bit, as they can always change it back again and the audience isn't going to care in a post-Spider-Verse world. They get it. There are multiple versions of these characters. You aren't going to confuse them unless your story is bad.

Again, good stories trumps all.
    I just don't see altering her history again so soon after her last origin reboot is a good thing. If it leads to good stories, great, but it feels unnecessary and linking her to a time period that's not really going to be so relevant to her in the long run.

I also hate the movie synergy aspect.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'd much rather have JSA characters on their own seperate Earth. This way they can include Wonder Woman, Black Canary and Hawkman without having to reconcile them with the current versions.
    This would be ideal.

But I think we've been away from that setup for so long and fans and writers have gotten too used to one Earth for this to go over well if brought back, regardless of the benefits.

The Hawks alone would be enough to justify it though. Good lord.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't see altering her history again so soon after her last origin reboot is a good thing. If it leads to good stories, great, but it feels unnecessary and linking her to a time period that's not really going to be so relevant to her in the long run.

I also hate the movie synergy aspect.
    Don't worry, DC continuity is like the bus, if you don't like the current status quo, just wait a few years and a new one will arrive.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This would be ideal.

But I think we've been away from that setup for so long and fans and writers have gotten too used to one Earth for this to go over well if brought back, regardless of the benefits.

The Hawks alone would be enough to justify it though. Good lord.
    The New 52 would have been the perfect time to bring it back, but they opted for a reboot instead and the entire line was doomed before it began.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00 AM View Post
    The New 52 would have been the perfect time to bring it back, but they opted for a reboot instead and the entire line was doomed before it began.
    Yeah, The New 52 Earth 2 concept seems to be "The world that failed to prevent Darkseid invasion in contrast to the main story in the main earth" as a part of New 52's overarching story and eventually continued as "The world that's actually destroyed". Like they actually set up the world as secondary and a failure from the get-go.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Scott Snyder on DC's continuity:

As readers might recall, the last time Wonder Woman saw Wally West, she and the Justice League were imprisoning him for his murder of numerous heroes in the culmination of 2018-2019's Heroes in Crisis - something even he confessed to.

While #2 didn't address that reaction as Wonder Woman, Barry Allen/Flash, and others welcome him back with open arms, Snyder tells Newsarama that it's not been forgotten - and neither is other controversial story elements from the recent past.

"There's a lot like that feeding into Death Metal. A lot of tangential things from Heroes in Crisis, Doomsday Clock, and more; no matter whether the stories had a big impact or were more off to the side, the point of this event is that everything matters - it's all-inclusive," Snyder tells Newsarama."

"For better or for worse we're in it together, as an industry, and as fans... and that means embracing things you might be uncomfortable with in different ways," the writer continues. "We're trying to unify all of the DC stories, from the ones that might've had nothing or we might've not agreed with. For example, there's some stuff with Wally - not even Heroes in Crisis but the cosmic stuff after - I wanted to take everything and say 'all of the stories are part of the DCU.'"

After his incarceration in the finale of Heroes in Crisis, Wally was busted out of Justice League's prison by Tempus Fuginaut to attempt to restore balance between the DC multiverse and its twisted antecedent, the Dark Multiverse. Over the course of the six-issue Flash Forward series, Wally gained some new powers - and became "Doctor Manhattan-ized" as Snyder calls it.

"The choices made for Wally to become Doctor Manhattan-ized, or what happened in Heroes in Crisis... Tom King, to his credit, I think he did a really good job - it was outside of what I was working on at the time," Snyder says.

While not addressing it specifically, Snyder tells Newsarama that he intends to embrace all of the continuity that's happened before - big or small, accepted or controversial.

"The idea we're presenting now with Death Metal is that as creators you can't just pick and choose what you like; that insulates you from stories out there, stories readers have bought and read," Snyder says. "It's now time to embrace all of it, and make continuity celebratory, conclusive, more united, and connected. It allows us to take risks, and to celebrate risks, all at once. That's the message we're going for."

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...oversial-past/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Scott Snyder on DC's continuity:

As readers might recall, the last time Wonder Woman saw Wally West, she and the Justice League were imprisoning him for his murder of numerous heroes in the culmination of 2018-2019's Heroes in Crisis - something even he confessed to.

While #2 didn't address that reaction as Wonder Woman, Barry Allen/Flash, and others welcome him back with open arms, Snyder tells Newsarama that it's not been forgotten - and neither is other controversial story elements from the recent past.

"There's a lot like that feeding into Death Metal. A lot of tangential things from Heroes in Crisis, Doomsday Clock, and more; no matter whether the stories had a big impact or were more off to the side, the point of this event is that everything matters - it's all-inclusive," Snyder tells Newsarama."

"For better or for worse we're in it together, as an industry, and as fans... and that means embracing things you might be uncomfortable with in different ways," the writer continues. "We're trying to unify all of the DC stories, from the ones that might've had nothing or we might've not agreed with. For example, there's some stuff with Wally - not even Heroes in Crisis but the cosmic stuff after - I wanted to take everything and say 'all of the stories are part of the DCU.'"

After his incarceration in the finale of Heroes in Crisis, Wally was busted out of Justice League's prison by Tempus Fuginaut to attempt to restore balance between the DC multiverse and its twisted antecedent, the Dark Multiverse. Over the course of the six-issue Flash Forward series, Wally gained some new powers - and became "Doctor Manhattan-ized" as Snyder calls it.

"The choices made for Wally to become Doctor Manhattan-ized, or what happened in Heroes in Crisis... Tom King, to his credit, I think he did a really good job - it was outside of what I was working on at the time," Snyder says.

While not addressing it specifically, Snyder tells Newsarama that he intends to embrace all of the continuity that's happened before - big or small, accepted or controversial.

"The idea we're presenting now with Death Metal is that as creators you can't just pick and choose what you like; that insulates you from stories out there, stories readers have bought and read," Snyder says. "It's now time to embrace all of it, and make continuity celebratory, conclusive, more united, and connected. It allows us to take risks, and to celebrate risks, all at once. That's the message we're going for."

Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...oversial-past/
    That comes off as a long-winded response of "I forgot about that/don't want to deal with it." It would just be easier to say "There is more important things they need to deal with at the moment."
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That comes off as a long-winded response of "I forgot about that/don't want to deal with it." It would just be easier to say "There is more important things they need to deal with at the moment."
    I think DC is just trying to sweep it all under the rug. Notice in the Flash Forward Epilogue that was added Wally was choosing good and bad moments to keep in the restructured timeline he was trying to make notice how one of the big moments wasn't the one that put him in his current position.

Fantastic Member

Thought this piece over at Newsarama was worthy of bumping this thread back up...

https://www.gamesradar.com/missing-d...-1027-preview/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Zero Year's BM, 40's WW and the New52 JL in the Justice League #51 preview:

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/14/dc...ice-league-51/

BANNED

Matches what Wally wants.

Bruce with that hair .

Silver belt on '40s Wonder Woman looks rather out of place.