Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

What's funny is that they could end up crafting a past that interests comics fans way more than their present. This already intrigues me more than any of the dumb crap they're doing in the present day.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I want to see all the retellings. Perez era titans but in the 70's.

Astonishing Member

A little odd that they would have Wonder Woman and Green Lantern debut slightly before their first comics were published, but I'm thrilled that Wonder Woman is a Golden Age hero again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What's funny is that they could end up crafting a past that interests comics fans way more than their present. This already intrigues me more than any of the dumb crap they're doing in the present day.
    What is intriguing about it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Our world is being killed because "love and compassion" too often amount to doing nothing in the face of evil and greed. New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman both took actions to correct it. That's what they are supposed to be : the herald of a better tomorrow, not the keepers of the bleak world we live in. What is the point of Truth, Justice and the American Way if it allows the US imperialism to run rampant ? What good do love and compassion if they do not uproot the whole social ecology which allows the powerful to prey on the weak ?
    The people who ARE changing the world are using love and compassion. You mistake "love and compassion" for weakness and that's your first mistake.

BANNED

Guess the they moved things to 1939 chart wise. Except Superman's ship in 1938.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Guess they moved things to 1939 chart-wise. Except for Superman's ship in 1938.
    Superman's ship landed in 1938, at the same time Diana debuts. This story takes place a year later after Alan Scott debuts. Then next year, they create the JSA. Just as the chart says.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hitch's art is surprisingly on-point. That's good to see.

The panel with Alan Scott at the end does kind of lend to my worry that Snyder's Wonder Woman might be too tied to the JSA moving forward.

Altogether...this looks interesting, but it feels more Elseworlds then something they should be making the new, definitive, timeline. But that's just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The panel with Alan Scott at the end does kind of lend to my worry that Snyder's Wonder Woman might be too tied to the JSA moving forward.
    Is Snyder writing the Wonder Woman comic going forward?

I thought this was a setup for the Justice Society comic he's alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

It seems like the Wonder Woman comic will eventually become a Wonder Woman and JSA book.

It seems like the Wonder Woman comic will eventually become a Wonder Woman and JSA book.
    I'm not sure where that's coming from. Was there see news I'm missing?

Also I could have sworn there was an article recently that said Snyder wasn't doing another DC ongoing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'm not sure where that's coming from. Was there see news I'm missing?

Also I could have sworn there was an article recently that said Snyder wasn't doing another DC ongoing this year.
    Hasn't he said he had plans for a JSA book? Or at least JSA plans.

And Bleeding Cool reported on "Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America" coming out from Snyder and...Francis Manapul?

Astonishing Member

Where did you hear that?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

I don't know if it's either. Snyder is probably involved in implementing the new timeline, though, hence this story.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

And Bleeding Cool reported on "Wonder Woman and the Justice Society of America" coming out from Snyder and...Francis Manapul?
    Wait, what? Do you have a link easy? Not really a Snyder fan, but man, I could not pass a Manapul JSA.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!