Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Right. So the end result is that he left Flash so he could relaunch... and Justice League..
    Yeah, like maybe 3 or 4 months after Robinson was finished with his original JLA run.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok so I kind of just put this together after posting in the Wally thread, and I am not sure if anyone else said this already, but if Wally isn't going to be the villain in Generation Zero ala Parallax in Zero Hour (and I really hope he isn't) I think I thought of another suspect or suspects who could be the villains. I thought of this because when it comes to the Mobius Chair I remembered a forth entity involved...Grid of the Crime Syndicate. If you remember in Darkseid War, Owlman after stealing the mobius chair put the Earth 3 counterpart of Cyborg, Grid, into the chair and Grid even speaks to him before Doctor Manhattan annihilates them. That means Grid is still in the Chair when Wally gets its power along with Doctor Manhattan's power from the Chair, which would also go to Grid. Besides that you know who else made a recent appearance as being alive again, the Crime Syndicate in Hell Arisen. So, either we are going generic that Wally goes mad with power or The Crime Syndicate ala Grid is gonna try to rewrite history/the universe. I could be completely wrong but it is something to think about if Grid is still in the chair.

Attachment 92927
    Attachment 92928
    I thought we already had a villain with Perpetua and, presumably, The Batman who Laughs?

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I thought we already had a villain with Perpetua and, presumably, The Batman who Laughs?
    Yep. Apex Lex as well. All of which is supposed to be followed up in the sequel to Metal.

I thought the Metal sequel and Generation Zero were separate. At least from what I gather from the Rumors at least, and that Snyder has been kind of fighting to keep his story its own thing.

Edit: Found the article I was talking about, it describes Metal 2 as set up to establish continuity and age some characters but the 5G event is described as separate

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...jokers-robins/
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-09-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Generation Zero also includes a reprint of “A Brave New World,” from Wonder Woman #750. Written by Scott Snyder with art by Bryan Hitch, Wonder Woman makes her debut as DC’s first superhero, saving the life of Franklin D. Roosevelt during an assassination attempt at the 1930 World’s Fair in New York. As a nation hears more about her heroic exploits, it inspires some citizens to consider their own unique gifts, and how they could be used to help protect the world – among them Alan Scott, who will become the first Green Lantern!
    I had to go back and check my copy of WW 750, because I knew Scott Snyder wouldn't mess up something as basic as the years FDR was president. Hoover was President in 1930. Thankfully, Snyder got it right in the book (which clearly says 1939) and the only mistake here was the press release. I mean, it's not as if dates are really that important...not like some other DC character was also introduced in 1939....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    I had to go back and check my copy of WW 750, because I knew Scott Snyder wouldn't mess up something as basic as the years FDR was president. Hoover was President in 1930. Thankfully, Snyder got it right in the book (which clearly says 1939) and the only mistake here was the press release. I mean, it's not as if dates are really that important...not like some other DC character was also introduced in 1939....
    This has been explained ad nauseam. Earth-0 is a Metaverse and Superman was the very first superhero of Earth-0, but because Earth-0 is a Metaverse it's prone to changes by outside forces. When the Anti-Monitor came along in CoIE Earth was altered and Superman was no longer the first superhero of Earth, Alan Scott was and Superman became the first superhero of the Modern Era with Batman and Barry Allen following soon after, same thing after Zero Hour, same thing after Kingdom Come and the introduction of Hypertime, same thing after Infinite Crisis, same thing after Final Crisis, same thing after Flashpoint when the Demon Knights became the first superheroes and Superman became the first superhero of the Modern Era and the same thing now just with Wonder Woman instead of the Demon Knights or Alan Scott as first superhero while Superman again, becomes the first superhero of the Modern Era.

So Superman is still the first ever superhero of Earth-0, but keeps becoming the first superhero of the Modern Era every time some outside force messes with it.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Stingo;4825591]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jay looks like Teddy Sears in that one panel.

Oh hey, The Shade!

What I would've given to see this instead of the New 52 relaunch .[/QUOTE

Not to be the guy who breaks up the party (sigh.), but why does Jay have blond hair in this preview? And what has happened to his original outfit? This one looks as if it were designed by the New 52 crew...Edit: I gave the link to the Williamson interview a more thorough read and it looks as if the plan in place for several years now has been to alter Jay's costume to this current form. No explanations about the blond hair, however. Perhaps we can place the golden tresses in the same "colorist error" box where Al Pratt's original Golden Age costume in the recent JLA arc was actually depicted as striped?
    More likely not everything is going to be the same. Even past wise.

I guess we will learn more about Metal 2 and possibly what it may have to do with Generation Zero this Wednesday

https://www.newsarama.com/48960-snyd...this-week.html
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I guess we will learn more about Metal 2 and possibly what it may have to do with Generation Zero this Wednesday

It would be about time DC announces this not so-secret project.

In the meantime, Gary Frank teases the First Generation's JSA:

"Who loves the classics?"

Source: https://twitter.com/1moreGaryFrank/s...76696617508864

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    …Including what needs to be changed.
    How about we just get new stories that are in continuity instead of stories about continuity?

Great, I love the JSA so more of this please.
    Words to live by.

About time we get some answers. Maybe we'll get some 5G info too? At the very least, announce what the crisis is all about.

I would actually love it if Gary Frank drew JSA. That would be perfect

I would actually love it if Gary Frank drew JSA. That would be perfect
    How delayed would it be, though?

I was hoping they'd let him finish Batman Earth One Vol 3 first. Oh well, he's still one of the artists I fully believe is worth the delays.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Maybe Frank will draw only a few panels of flashback in Jonhs' Shazam?