Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1389

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think it's a hat-less Mounsier Malah.
    I gave that about 3 seconds of thought, but it doesn't make much sense. Why are all of the other New Teen Titans represented, but not Gar? Why give Malah such a prominent position in a Titans-centric picture? Why aren't they facing off against each other?

Of course, you could be trying to be sarcastic, in which case, carry on

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So I found this of Tumblr
    Attachment 98592
    When and why did we stop using a sliding timeline?
    Is it because they always want JSA in WW2 and Wayne family history is now tied to a timeline?

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

The JSA always tied to WW2 is easy. All they ever have to do is slide the timeline so that the JSA AND Infinity Inc get sent to Limbo (or whatever version of this they keep doing) and come out whenever the present is.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    The JSA always tied to WW2 is easy. All they ever have to do is slide the timeline so that the JSA AND Infinity Inc get sent to Limbo (or whatever version of this they keep doing) and come out whenever the present is.
    I kinda just prefer them in Earth 2 that way Superman can be the first superhero of both eras.

As for Batman's family, even though some events are locked in place in the timeline like how Anthro's descendant created the Miagani tribe, Alan Wayne and Amadeus Arkham is in the same era as Jonah Hex, they can solve it by not saying how many generations exist between them and Bruce, or by adding a generation every time a generation passes in real life.

For example, if Bruce is middle-aged now, meaning he's a millennial/Gen-X and his parents are boomers, then Alan Wayne is his great-great-grandfather.

2-3 decades from now, once Bruce becomes a middle-aged Gen-Z, Thomas and Martha become millennials, then Alan Wayne becomes his great-great-great-grandfather. Just add an extra Wayne in between them.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the idea that Diana was immortal on Themyscira but chose to give some of it up in order to come to Man's World when she was the equivalent of 18 so there's a coming of age element to the origin.

I think Steve Trevor should very much be the reason Diana comes to Man's World, and Ares in the background, but Year One proves you don't need it to involve a proper World War.

Now she's apparently had to come back to Man's World on two separate occasions and the writers have to figure out how Steve and her supporting cast/villains fit in.
    Steve Trevor has been killed off twice, resurrected, aged up, aged down, and replaced with his own counterpart from an alternate Earth.

And he's in love with a superheroine endlessly involved with magical gods and goddesses who can rewrite reality at their whim.

I don't think keeping Steve Trevor around and young is gonna be a problem

We might get some answers on the 24th. DC has a panel for comic Con at home event.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    We might get some answers on the 24th. DC has a panel for comic Con at home event.
    Well if Bleedingcool is to be believed this would have been when 5G would have been announced so let’s see what happens now shall we.....please let it be a JSA ongoing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    That Teen Titans picture was bugging me ("When did the Titans fight Grodd, and why is Grodd so prominent in a Titans picture?"), until I realized that it's probably supposed to be Beast Boy, and the colorist goofed.
    Ha, that's quite a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well if Bleedingcool is to be believed this would have been when 5G would have been announced so let’s see what happens now shall we.....please let it be a JSA ongoing
    At this point, I'm not betting on anything. I'm just hoping for some insight on what's happening universe wise after Death metal

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Steve Trevor has been killed off twice, resurrected, aged up, aged down, and replaced with his own counterpart from an alternate Earth.

And he's in love with a superheroine endlessly involved with magical gods and goddesses who can rewrite reality at their whim.

I don't think keeping Steve Trevor around and young is gonna be a problem
    Yeah, but does it need to be that convoluted ?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'm curious how this will compare to what we get out of the FanDome event. Seems like DC is saving everything for that.

Death and Resurrection is the simplest one when your uncle is Hades.

Incredible Member

Immortals walk the Earth all the time; it depends on what type of immortality that can best serve as a useful story point. In the case of Wonder Woman, I like the idea that Diana is cursed to never be with her one true love, Steve Trevor, and that "Steve Trevor" is fated to be reincarnated like the character Link (from LEGEND OF ZELDA), who will fall in love with the Warrior Princess, but will die in the end. And, it could be any "Steve Trevor" (not one connected by blood necessarily), and Steve could be reincarnated as a Black man (or any other ethnicity).

I'm curious how this will compare to what we get out of the FanDome event. Seems like DC is saving everything for that.
    I have a feeling the FanDome event is mainly for the TV/films as DC made an announcement that they're not going to talk about that in comic Con.

Which still seems to be the case since both day one and two of the comic Con panels are just talking about comics

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Immortals walk the Earth all the time; it depends on what type of immortality that can best serve as a useful story point. In the case of Wonder Woman, I like the idea that Diana is cursed to never be with her one true love, Steve Trevor, and that "Steve Trevor" is fated to be reincarnated like the character Link (from LEGEND OF ZELDA), who will fall in love with the Warrior Princess, but will die in the end. And, it could be any "Steve Trevor" (not one connected by blood necessarily), and Steve could be reincarnated as a Black man (or any other ethnicity).
    I like this idea, is this an established DC thing or is this just a fan idea?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It doesn't need to be convoluted, but it's DC continuity so it's already convoluted