Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    His post crisis history and johns merged into one.
    And Shazam can be a member of both teams. But how old will he be in this version. Originally, he was 12 when he became Captain Marvel. Oldest I've seen him is when he was said he was 16 to Courtney. But I think he was really young when he got powers in the YJ cartoon (8, maybe?). There's been a tendency to babify him animated media. But from this chart, he was around in late gen 2 (year 13) - (or at least Shazam's picture is at top?), joined JLI in gen 3 year 1, and joined the JL in gen 4, year 2. Which, if we actually used linear years, would be 19 years later. Do we have two characters (previous Shazam and Billy) or is he getting a good bit older or what?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

His post crisis history and johns merged into one.
    We'll need to see how those reconcile, as some parts of the two continuities are incompatible.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

I initially thought this was a continuous account of the entire DC history, that is, what the characters lived through. But after seeing all those years: What is going on here?

We don't want each generation as its own continutiy, we want a continuous timeline. Besides, I don't think they're going to publish each generation as it's own comic, because DiDio knows very well that given the chance, many would jump to the Pre-Flashpoint continuity without a second thought.

Everything is so confusing, if each generation is every continuity as it happened originally, then why the first one is a completely new one, with Wonder Woman being the first superheroine? Nothing seems to make sense.

What are they trying to do now? Creating an ever bigger mess? (If that's even possible) It wasn't really that complicated. Just start writing things as if it were the Pre-Flashpoint universe but taking into account the stuff that happenend in the last years. This seems a needlessly convulted mess, how is it going to work, I have no idea.
    Last edited by Maxi; 10-06-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I initially thought this was a continuous account of the entire DC history, that is, what the characters lived through. But after seeing all those years: What is going on here?

We don't want each generation as its own continutiy, we want a continuous timeline. Besides, I don't think they're going to publish each generation as it's own comic, because DiDio knows very well that given the chance, many would jump to the Pre-Flashpoint continuity without a second thought.

Everything is so confusing, if each generation is every continuity as it happened originally, then why the first one is a completely new one, with Wonder Woman being the first superheroine? Nothing seems to make sense.

What are they trying to do now? Creating an ever bigger mess? (If that's even possible)
    Maybe Generation 1 is how things were SUPPOSED to happen or its actually the start of a new continuity(post Doomsday Clock ?)

BANNED

Gen 1 to 4 are one reality.

Incredible Member

Gen 1 to 4 are one reality.
    I would like so, but the way it's shown in the graphic, it doesn't seem to make sense. If those are one reality, Batman is like 60 and was born in the 50s. Everything would make much more sense if we retired the yearly references.
    Last edited by Maxi; 10-06-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Mind you, there are literal references to the JSA happening in WWII, and Bruce and Clark being alive during that era. This is insane and completely nonsensical. I truly don't know what DiDio and co. are trying to do here.

Mind you, there are literal references to the JSA happening in WWII, and Bruce and Clark being alive during that era. This is insane and completely nonsensical. I truly don't know what DiDio and co. are trying to do here.
    I absolutely think we are missing a very important piece of information. Some sort of shenanigan to make this make at least the most basic of sense. I have no idea what that piece is, though. And will continue to look at the ages as though this were straight linear time both because I don't have the info for how else it might be, and because it's entertaining and relieves my boredom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We'll need to see how those reconcile, as some parts of the two continuities are incompatible.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Someone will have to retell it.

Wonder if this will be in Doomsday Clock #12 or in the last issue of some special 'don't call it a Crisis' event for next year.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Well, one thing's for certain, Didio, off all people is not going to let Bruce and Clark be 60 years old. Not in a cold day in hell. So something else is clearly going on.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    IIRC, the JSA is in the same row than the Green Lantern and Green Arrow events, if what BC got for Gen 2 isn't wrong. Edit: there is a solitary and sad mention sitting by itself in year 7 of gen 2. I've put it in green, which means I couldn't read it, but it could be right.
    I think that's just JSA Returns

Where does Lois and Lex appear first on it?
    There's a Rogues Gallery debut in Year 2 Generation 2 but I can't make out the name

The first time I saw their name is President Luthor and Clark and Lois Lane married in Generation 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Does this make her 17 when joining JLA? And 16 when Wally and Dick (who must be at least 10) become sidekicks? Check my math - have I gotten off a generation or misread a year?
    25-12=13+4=17
    Then Ollie joins JLA next year when Dinah is 18
    Looks like you'll be getting older Ollie young Dinah

Ok, so missing stuff so far, and a few finds.
    + I wonder if there won't be a Young Justice team. And I'm starting to think that they're going to put the Outsiders in this row as well. There are several cells with two items. This team could be placed after the IC (Y9), and that row is blank from year 10 up until year 13. Maybe they're still reworking that part for those "younger" teams.

+ Ah, by the way. Gen 3, year 13. Titans row, second item: TEEN TITANS: TIM, CASSIE SANDSMARK, BLUE BEETLE and something else I can't read. I'm adding it, even if two are still in red.

I'll be back.
    I already found "Young Justice debuts", but only posted it in Tim's thread. Gen 3 Year 8, third phrase, first line.

For the Teen Titans just check the roster that era. It's Static Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Made some updates and included the other generations. Still need to fill in quite a bit in Generation 3 but I can see I have some stuff that others are missing.

Generation 1-4 New DC Timeline
    You put Hush in the Teen Titans timeline. Please put it in the Batman row, between Stephanie Brown debuts and No Man's Land

So will Jason debut the same year Dick becomes Nightwing? He dies in gen 3, year 2, and returns 8 years later as Red Hood. If Tim is still 13 when he becomes Robin (big "if") in year 4 (bigger gap than in comics), he'll be 19 when Jason returns. Barring some sort of de-aging between the two events.

Steph's debut as Robin is present - did anyone see her debut as Spoiler? I assume the pregnancy is still erased from continuity. Selina's, too. Though with this timeline, Steph's kid would be the right age to be on a team with Jon.
    Yes, "Jason Todd debuts as Robin" is the second line of Year 15
    No Spoiler, only Tim, Cass, Harley debuts around that time. Helena isn't mentioned either.

I see Hawkman joins JLA.

Wheres the mention of the other Jsa'ers like Hourman?
    Nowhere so far, and I just realized Hawkman's not in JSA either.

And Shazam can be a member of both teams. But how old will he be in this version. Originally, he was 12 when he became Captain Marvel. Oldest I've seen him is when he was said he was 16 to Courtney. But I think he was really young when he got powers in the YJ cartoon (8, maybe?). There's been a tendency to babify him animated media. But from this chart, he was around in late gen 2 (year 13) - (or at least Shazam's picture is at top?), joined JLI in gen 3 years 1, and joined the JL in gen 4, year 2. Which, if we actually used linear years, would be 19 years later. Do we have two characters (previous Shazam and Billy) or is he getting a good bit older or what?
    Yeah, Billy is where I'm confused. They can age reset him back to 12 post Crisis (or not, as he'll be only 15 years old when he joins JLI and that's his New 52 age) and another one in Zero Hour, but from Zero Hour to Rebirth there are 13 years.

New 52/Rebirth Billy is 15 years old so if there's a Zero Hour age reset, he'd have to be reset to 2 years old.

Wait, crap, he's in Public Enemies with Hawkman fighting Superbat
    Wait wait wait.
    If he's 8 years old in Public Enemies he can be 16 in New 52! That still works!

There can still age reset in COIE and Flashpoint but from Zero Hour to Flashpoint is the big one.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I FORGOT ABOUT TIM DRAKE AND WALLACE WEST. Tim can't reset 11 years. He's already Robin. Wallace can't go back into the womb. That'll be awkward.

Edit: FINAL CRISIS Superman row is "PA KENT DIES"!
    AAAAGH! WHAT IS EVERYONE'S AGE!
    Okay, I'm 100% convinced of the age down then.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-06-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Gen 1 timeline in sheet form, open to changes and comments. I put in there all of @Tenzel and a few bits we already had. And I changed one of the entries in @Tenzel's chart: I've read the Dinah Drake cell as "joins JSA" instead of "debuts", because it really looks like it sais JSA.

Here's the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think that's just JSA Returns
    To be honest, it could be even not JSA related. That cell is very blurry. The same thing that happens with the JSA item in the WW row of Gen 1.

I already found "Young Justice debuts", but only posted it in Tim's thread. Gen 3 Year 8, third phrase, first line.

For the Teen Titans just check the roster that era. Kon won't there coz he's dead. The candidates are Rose Wilson and Static Shock. I think it's Static Shock.
    Roger that. I'll check them and the Tim Thread.

Yeah, Billy is where I'm confused. They can age reset him back to 12 post Crisis (or not, as he'll be only 15 years old when he joins JLI and that's his movie and New 52 age) and another one in Zero Hour, but from Zero Hour to Rebirth there are 13 years.

New 52/Rebirth Billy is 15 years old so if there's a Zero Hour age reset, he'd have to be reset to 2 years old.

Wait...

Let me count Clark...
    Clark is 26 when he debuts as Superman, 40 in COIE, and if there's no age reset Post COIE, he's 46 in Zero Hour
    Now reset in Zero Hour for about 13 years
    Clark is 33

I think that's it! JLI turned to JLA after Zero Year too and it fits my theory on Damian and Jon's aging.

I need more confirmation, but for this to work, all they have to do is not include Shazam! anywhere between Zero Year until New 52

There can still age reset in COIE and Flashpoint but from Zero Hour to Flashpoint is the big one.
    I'm honestly curious and will love to read about your theory, if you want to write it more in depth .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm honestly curious and will love to read about your theory, if you want to write it more in depth .
    Oh, that's just because counting the years between born and Rebirth Damian aged in real-time until he's 13, and as we found out Jon Kent was born nearby, he aged real-time too.

So Flashpoint doesn't have age down. Therefore the age down, if it's all-encompassing and not selective, has to happen in Zero Hour or COIE, before Damian born.

Now add Billy. He's about high school age in New 52 and Rebirth, but if Zero Hour has age down, he'd be too young for anything between Zero Hour until Flashpoint but there's Public Enemy where Shazam! and Hawkman fought Superbat.

Then after I counted, if Billy is 16 in New 52, he'd be 8 in Public Enemies. That's the youngest he's been Shazam! So it can still work.

Now that means Billy is 5 in Zero Hour after reset. Let's assume there's no age reset in COIE and he's 8 when he debuted in Generation 2, he'd be 16 before reset. So the reset is 11 years.

Now count Clark. He's 26 debuts, 40 COIE, 46 Zero Hour. Reset 11 years. He'd be 35. Add 13 to New 52. He'd be 48, but this doesn't matter much to Clark.

Now count Bruce. He's 20 debuts, 34 COIE, 40 Zero Hour. Reset 11 years. He'd be 29. Add 13 to New 52. He'd be 42.

Reasonable.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I FORGOT ABOUT TIM DRAKE AND WALLACE WEST. Tim can't reset 11 years. He's already Robin. Wallace can't go back into the womb. That'll be awkward.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-06-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess the big question is...what is Generation 5?
    I'm feeling like everyone's ages will be restored, to make room for the Gen 3 and 4 heroes to take over, while the Gen 2 ones retire.

Probably the reason stuff like the new rumoured Batman could happen. Wallace and Jackson should be old enough to be in the young adult range, so Teen Titans stuff should be different there maybe with them and others as mentors. Wally might be the old Flash here instead of Jay, Garth could be Aquaman now that Arthur is probably old enough to retire and stick to being a good King. Diana and Donna should be around together as adults concurrently so I wonder what different roles they might have (although I suspect it won't be anything great for Donna because this is DC). Superman is basically immortal in terms of aging, and Bruce's younger age could be explained with the Dionesium from Endgame. Lazarus Pit and Electrum for Jason and Dick, maybe, but I'm reaching now. That's all I'll really guess, since there's no way to know about characters who have yet to debut lol.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 10-06-2019 at 07:03 PM.