Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So is Ted Kord dead and Babs is once again Oracle?
    No for both of those, Wally failed thanks to Batman who laughs.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Probably a tease of sorts of what's to come.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

All this commits to is the idea that DC's timeline is broken and needs to be fixed. Whatever happens in the aftermath is likely still in flux.

That said, I am confident that Wonder Woman is a founding member of both the JSA with Jay & Alan, then returns to found the JLA with Barry & Hal, with Superman and Batman being aloof in the early days, even though they were founders. Robin forms the Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans with Cyborg. Hal gives John a ring. Barry dies. Max founds the JLI. Ted faces Max Lord, and most of the other big events we know and love.

Stuff like whether they'll use Year One or Zero Year, Karate Kid being in the present, and whether or not Max killed or didn't kill Ted Kord are likely in flux.

One thing I am sure about is that the Ted Kord from the Dark Multiverse one-shot survived.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 07-09-2020 at 01:47 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    That Teen Titans picture was bugging me ("When did the Titans fight Grodd, and why is Grodd so prominent in a Titans picture?"), until I realized that it's probably supposed to be Beast Boy, and the colorist goofed.
    I think it's a hat-less Mounsier Malah.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think it's a hat-less Mounsier Malah.
    Sans Brain, his diabolical creator and life partner (god, I love Morrison).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So 5G is officially out and Death Metal in for now with the possibility for another change?
    How about Didio's new timeline? Is that still on after Death Metal?
    Right now I think the timeline is still in flux but what comes next?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So 5G is officially out and Death Metal in for now with the possibility for another change?
    Well apparently the current gossip as of today is that 5G is going to instead be an alternative future imprint from the sound of it, with Jon Kent Superman and Clark Kent in the Authority. So I guess a little like what Batman Beyond is in Rebirth? Or maybe more akin to what Wildstorm was.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...athan-kent-5g/

As for the official continuity, who is honestly to say at this point. Wally West tried to fix it but that failed thanks to Batman who laughs and now leads into Death Metal which is trying to pull an "anti-crisis", which at this point in time I can't say for sure what that would look like. But yeah I am assuming the timeline will be whatever Death Metal says it is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well apparently the current gossip as of today is that 5G is going to instead be an alternative future imprint from the sound of it, with Jon Kent Superman and Clark Kent in the Authority. So I guess a little like what Batman Beyond is in Rebirth? Or maybe more akin to what Wildstorm was.

As for the official continuity, who is honest to say at this point. Wally West tried to fix it but that failed thanks to Batman who laughs and now leads into Death Metal which is trying to pull an "anti-crisis", which at this point in time I can't say for sure what that would look like. But yeah I am assuming the timeline will be whatever Death Metal says it is.
    Okay, I'm fine with that. That makes sense.
    I'll wait.
    Who's the decision-maker at DC right now that Didio is out? Jim Lee?

Who's the decision-maker at DC right now that Didio is out? Jim Lee?
    Dan and Jim were co-publishers. Now it's just Jim solo.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Dan and Jim were co-publishers. Now it's just Jim solo.
    Who's the current worldbuilder?

On one hand, so glad none of this happened. But I have no clue if what will come instead will be any better.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Who's the current worldbuilder?
    From the sounds of it, it's just their top writers working together to make sure stuff lines up properly. Right now it's a mess since they're just going to soft reboot everything after Death Metal. Afterwords we'll see if they get some kind of organized structure to it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

As for the official continuity, who is honestly to say at this point. Wally West tried to fix it but that failed thanks to Batman who laughs and now leads into Death Metal which is trying to pull an "anti-crisis", which at this point in time I can't say for sure what that would look like. But yeah I am assuming the timeline will be whatever Death Metal says it is.
    While an older Superman leading the Authority sounds kind of interesting, i cringe at the possibility of yet another authoritarian/dictator version of Superman. Traditionally, The Authority does not obey any laws or jurisdiction and kills indiscriminately. How would Kal work on a team with Midnighter?!?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    While an older Superman leading the Authority sounds kind of interesting, i cringe at the possibility of yet another authoritarian/dictator version of Superman. Traditionally, The Authority does not obey any laws or jurisdiction and kills indiscriminately. How would Kal work on a team with Midnighter?!?
    He wouldn't unless they change the roster completely or his personality.

BANNED

It will be what Wally tried to do. Foreshadowing.

Jon Kent as Superman and Older Superman will be set in the near future of that timeline.