Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    This has been explained ad nauseam. Earth-0 is a Metaverse and Superman was the very first superhero of Earth-0, but because Earth-0 is a Metaverse it's prone to changes by outside forces. When the Anti-Monitor came along in CoIE Earth was altered and Superman was no longer the first superhero of Earth, Alan Scott was and Superman became the first superhero of the Modern Era with Batman and Barry Allen following soon after, same thing after Zero Hour, same thing after Kingdom Come and the introduction of Hypertime, same thing after Infinite Crisis, same thing after Final Crisis, same thing after Flashpoint when the Demon Knights became the first superheroes and Superman became the first superhero of the Modern Era and the same thing now just with Wonder Woman instead of the Demon Knights or Alan Scott as first superhero while Superman again, becomes the first superhero of the Modern Era.

So Superman is still the first ever superhero of Earth-0, but keeps becoming the first superhero of the Modern Era every time some outside force messes with it.
    Yeah, I've understood that. My only comment is that the DC press release got the year wrong describing FDR at the World's Fair. The presser misstated that Snyder's WW 750 story happened in 1930, but if you look at the actual book it clearly says 1939. FDR's 1939 speech at the opening of the World's Fair was quite important as it was the first time Roosevelt had spoken after Nazi Germany had rejected a European peace proposal.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe Frank will draw only a few panels of flashback in Jonhs' Shazam?
    what would shazam have to do with it? And form what we know, Scott Snyder is the one handling the JSA return, his run has been teased just as recent as a week or 2 ago. Maybe Gary Frank is just doing covers for his book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    what would shazam have to do with it? And form what we know, Scott Snyder is the one handling the JSA return, his run has been teased just as recent as a week or 2 ago. Maybe Gary Frank is just doing covers for his book.
    I think Johns said in an interview talking about Superboy Prime in Shazam that he was going to be doing something with the JSA.

The JSA will be in Shazam #14.

https://www.newsarama.com/48752-geof...shazam-10.html
    “First off, what better villain to fight the world’s greatest superhero kid, Shazam, than the world’s worst superhero villain kid, Superboy-Prime?” Johns told Newsarama. “And then in Shazam! #14, the Justice Society of America will be coming by to help, fresh from Doomsday Clock. Alan, Jay, Stargirl, Cyclone — the whole gang will be coming by. So the book’s going to get a little more crowded.”
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Right. So the end result is that he left Flash so he could relaunch Aquaman and Justice League.

I can't find much online about Geoff writing All Flash - it's been so many years. But Noodle's suggestion that Geoff planned to leave the core Flash title to write All Flash instead, seems far-fetched.
    I didn't say he left Flash to do All Flash. Just that he was still going to be doing All Flash after leaving Flash.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

More details on Death Metal, from bleeding cool. Also spoils who wins hell arisen between lex and baman who laughs. And it's pretty clear we'll have to get a reboot/5G by the end of this with what earth currently looks like:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...dc-comics-may/
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ok, that makes a lot more sense as to why Gary Frank would draw them there then. And works as a nice tie in to his upcoming stargirl show.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-12-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More details on Death Metal, from bleeding cool. Also spoilrs who wins hell arisen between lex and baman who laughs. And it's pretty clear we'll have to get a reboot/5G by the end of this with what earth currently looks like:
    Not surprised about the winner in Hell Arisen. 🙃 I'm getting "Flashpoint" vibes from Death Metal: an alternate dark scenario that get erased leading to a "reboot".

More details on Death Metal, from bleeding cool. Also spoils who wins hell arisen between lex and baman who laughs. And it's pretty clear we'll have to get a reboot/5G by the end of this with what earth currently looks like:

Ok, that makes a lot more sense as to why Gary Frank would draw them there then. And works as a nice tie in to his upcoming stargirl show.
    Alright DC made an official announcement so I feel like I can talk about this now. First off love the art, that cover with Wonder Woman with the wings holding the chainsaw is great. I want that as a poster because its just that cool looking.

Second, I can't wait to see who else in this. Because Batman apparently has his resistance group, Wonder Woman apparently has some people with her (I'm gonna assume with Swamp Thing there maybe the JLD). I know that probably a lot of the people who worked with the Justice League are probably infected as we've seen in Hell Arisen. I personally wouldn't put it past them to think that the Young Justice team are involved, especially with Sideways joining the team and his powers are connected to the Dark Multiverse. I'm excited to see what happens.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Scott Snyder about Death Metal:

"The other thing I need to say it, it doesn't just connect the Justice League — the goal and the task really, if we were going to do it, wasn't just to do a story that's built on old stuff — Batman and Metal and Justice League — but that built on some of the stories that I think our fans love and are in continuity, but haven't had a chance to kind of impact in the way that, possibly, they could have at different times. So stories like Doomsday Clock, for example, this has a huge sort of connection to that, and is very much meant to honor and build on that story.

Some of the great stuff that is really affecting the line over with what Brian [Michael Bendis] is doing over with Superman, this builds on some of that, on some of the Event Leviathan stuff, on some of the stuff that Grant [Morrison] did, as well as like older stories from all the Crisis, all the crises of the past come into this different ways. If everything before this was a Crisis, then this is an anti-Crisis.

Those villains and those characters [from Crisis on Infinite Earths] appear in this; it has to do with DC Universe: Rebirth and why Rebirth came after The New 52, and Metal came after that; how Doomsday Clock affected the world — all those things are things built into this. It's a big task. It really is. It's a love letter to the DCU asking, can we make it all connect in a way that it really honors the stories that you love and on top of that, gives you just a great crazy comic epic that's as big as anything we've done, as good as anything we've done, and as heartfelt anything we've done?"

"And — I think, the end of the first issue, and then the end of the series. Both those things I'm really, really proud of in terms of where they go storywise. Not the end of the series, obviously, it's the end, but in terms of what it's saying about the DCU and what happens in it — how crazy that scene is at the end. The final moments of it say everything I've wanted to say about how much we love DC and the characters, and how grateful we are to have been able to work here for this long on these characters that we adore."

Here's the full interview about the project: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-story-1278849

Anti-crisis? Do they mean to undo all of the crises? I guess that would be the most logical approach to make all story matter.

:sigh: Metal was fun but I'm already not liking the set up from Superman's POV. If its a JL story, always gotta set him up as the weak link. And it seems far more interconnected this time around. Part of the fun of Metal was how unshackled it felt, despite being technically in continuity. Won't be able to have much fun with it feeling very connected to the the loads of crap DC has going in its main continuity.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-12-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    :sigh: Metal was fun but I'm already not liking the set up from Superman's POV. If its a JL story, always gotta set him up as the weak link. And it seems far more interconnected this time around. Part of the fun of Metal was how unshackled it felt, despite being technically in continuity. Won't be able to have much fun with it feeling very connected to the the loads of crap DC has going in its main continuity.
    I understand the critique, but people have been annoyed with dc’s continuity lately so it makes sense to have this event connect everything.

DC PRESENTS GENERATION ONE: AGE OF MYSTERIES

The Charge Towards DC’s Future Continues!

Series of Five One-Shot Comics Spotlight DC’s Super Hero Heritage, While Revealing Secrets that Will Shape its Future!

The path to DC’s future continues to unfold in Generation One: Age of Mysteries! On sale in May, Generation One: Age of Mysteries is the first of five oversized Prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied, super heroic legacy!

Generation One: Age of Mysteries follows DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020.

“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”

Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness firsthand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others. The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:

- What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
    - Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
    - What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
    - Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
    - What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
    - Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?

These five books will have all the answers to these questions, setting up DC’s boldest storylines ever while laying the groundwork for more excitement to come. The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...e-of-mysteries
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-13-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Wait 5 issues, one out each month starting from May....Doesn't that actually mean that the set up for Generations and 5G will actually finish like one month before Death Metal end. Like the last issue for Death Metal which reestablishes "everything" is in November but this would end in October wouldn't it, especially with Death Metal skipping a month in August because they essentially start around the same time.

Either way, I was already going along for the ride now I'm just glad to know what I'm in for. Also my money on Golden Age hero going villain is either Spectre or Terry Sloane. Terry Sloane has already been portrayed as a villain before and the Spectre can be a bit of a wild card. Either way I'm in.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC PRESENTS GENERATION ONE: AGE OF MYSTERIES

The Charge Towards DC’s Future Continues!

Series of Five One-Shot Comics Spotlight DC’s Super Hero Heritage, While Revealing Secrets that Will Shape its Future!

The path to DC’s future continues to unfold in Generation One: Age of Mysteries! On sale in May, Generation One: Age of Mysteries is the first of five oversized Prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied, super heroic legacy!

Generation One: Age of Mysteries follows DC’s Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020.

“The Generation series of specials are built to bring the new DC timeline to life,” said DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “With Generation One: Age of Mysteries and every subsequent volume we’ll be shining a spotlight on the 80-plus-year publishing history of the DC universe while charting the course for the bright future of DC’s characters. All of our greatest stories and events will create the backdrop and context for the great new adventures we have planned. Everything counts, and we guarantee there’ll be surprises along the way!”

Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness firsthand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others. The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:

What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
    Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
    What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
    Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
    What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
    Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?

These five books will have all the answers to these questions, setting up DC’s boldest storylines ever while laying the groundwork for more excitement to come. The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.

Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank. Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...e-of-mysteries
    *Sees the Name Bendis*
    *Glares*
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe