Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She was doe-eyed and innocent when she first arrived in Man's world in Perez run too. Can't remember how her first arrival in New 52 was portrayed though
    I don't think we ever saw it in the New 52, unless you count her screaming about ice cream and waving a sword around as her "first arrival" scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From DC Nation:

"Wonder Woman #750 is out on Wednesday and includes "A Brave New World" by @Ssnyder1835 @THEBRYANHITCH @SpicerColor @TENapolitano, a story set in the early days of the DCU's first superhero. And it starts like this..."

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...03580823195648
    So they're even restoring the Golden Age costume.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, are all the current comics getting rebooted then, to account for this latest Crises thing?
    The only ones I know so far that match their new timeline are Dick and Diana, maybe Bruce, and neither Bruce nor Dick look like they're aged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we ever saw it in the New 52 unless you count her screaming about ice cream and waving a sword around as her "first arrival" scene.
    Oh.

Yeah.

That's it.

It's not naive though, just fish-out-of-water with a combination of "I don't give a ****". She fought the military men assigned to watch her, broke a wall, and walk around town looking for something to fight after she saw the Parademon on the news. She said she's in man's world to fight evil.

BANNED

Wonder if some humans just don't age normally like a meta human latent thing?

Guess its really 1997 in universe?

Spectacular Member

Oh.

Yeah.

That's it.

It's not naive though, just fish-out-of-water with a combination of "I don't give a ****". She fought the military men assigned to watch her, broke a wall, and walk around town looking for something to fight after she saw the Parademon on the news. She said she's in man's world to fight evil.
    Yeah, not naive, but for a character all about love and compassion, this "don't give a **** attitude" is very OOC. As much as i love wonder woman, her portrayal (and superman's) made me stop reading n52.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Yeah, not naive, but for a character all about love and compassion, this "don't give a **** attitude" is very OOC. As much as i love wonder woman, her portrayal (and superman's) made me stop reading n52.
    She comes from an isolationist and segregationist warrior culture which truly believes that they are better than "Man's World". People like that usually don't give a **** about what other cultures do and act. Diana in New 52 clearly wanted to better the world and for her, acting and fighting against evil was paramount to do that. Again, in line with the Amazon, a culture of immortal warrior women.

As for Superman, as a Champion of the Oppressed, who didn't allow the laws of the powerful to protect them, he recaptured his right to be called an inspiring hero in the NEW 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The only ones I know so far that match their new timeline are Dick and Diana, maybe Bruce, and neither Bruce nor Dick look like they're aged up.
    Dick was already aged up, but not as much as he would be under the new timeline. He was 21 in New 52 and he's now claiming to have lost nearly two decades of memories (everything since his parents died) so clearly he's nearer to 30 now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

She comes from an isolationist and segregationist warrior culture which truly believes that they are better than "Man's World". People like that usually don't give a **** about what other cultures do and act.
    Tahat may be true for the amazons in genaral but not for Diana who was always at odd with her sisters regarding her belief in mankind.

Diana in New 52 clearly wanted to better the world and for her, acting and fighting against evil was paramount to do that
    yeah that's what happen when you forget love and compassion. You become just a bully who think he is right even when you are not. And that is not what Wonder Woman is supposed to be. Same for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    yeah that's what happen when you forget love and compassion. You become just a bully who think he is right even when you are not. And that is not what Wonder Woman is supposed to be. Same for Superman.
    Our world is being killed because "love and compassion" too often amount to doing nothing in the face of evil and greed. New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman both took actions to correct it. That's what they are supposed to be : the herald of a better tomorrow, not the keepers of the bleak world we live in. What is the point of Truth, Justice and the American Way if it allows the US imperialism to run rampant ? What good do love and compassion if they do not uproot the whole social ecology which allows the powerful to prey on the weak ?

Spectacular Member

What good do love and compassion if they do not uproot the whole social ecology which allows the powerful to prey on the weak ?
    Without love and compassion you have the Injustive universe, but if you say it's better...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Preview (full story?) from THR:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-21-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ok teases of art is fine, not so sure about this unless there is supposed to be more in the issue. Because otherwise thanks for telling us the full story the afternoon before it comes out, which is a terrible business practice if someone only cared about the Snyder story.

In good news though, I really like the way it was written, the way it looks, and hey Alan Scott/basically Doomsday clock was right with the return of the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Wonder if this new timeline is more progressive for women?

I just had to go through and delete some posts.
    Some users chose to use terms that weren't exactly in good taste and were very poorly chosen.
    Said users are now being watched closely and need to make better choices.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

So according to this timeline Their is an 8-year gap between when Clark stops being Superboy and Superman's debut.