Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm starting to suspect that most of the events on this time line may not even be canon anymore because they were retconned by a Crisis or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm starting to suspect that most of the events on this time line may not even be canon anymore because they were retconned by a Crisis or whatever.
    You may be right - I was wondering if each era was as it occurred in that era (some of which would be changed by the event leading to the next era). Just don't see why they'd have Batman and Superman so much after Wonder Woman in that case, though. Unless she's the new out-of-time one due the workings of the island, and so remembered all eras as they originally occurred. Not sure I think they'd go that direction with the character, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    You may be right - I was wondering if each era was as it occurred in that era (some of which would be changed by the event leading to the next era). Just don't see why they'd have Batman and Superman so much after Wonder Woman in that case, though. Unless she's the new out-of-time one due the workings of the island, and so remembered all eras as they originally occurred. Not sure I think they'd go that direction with the character, though.
    This theory makes sense. The timeline shows how things went down and what the DC comics universe would look like if time flowed normally. However, due to multiple Crisis and other shenanigans the current(possible future assuming a major retool/ reboot is coming)is nothing like what we see on this timeline. As for WW, I don't think DC would do that. It would put her dangerously close to being in Donna's position.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Wally's tenure as The Flash is back into continuity. He's getting his history back.
    There's still the bad taste regarding Jor El and Kandor's destruction and Clark having no influence Legion lore and are quite frustrating
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    The Knight Fall/Tim's debut one doesn't really matter. The way they're arranged in the actual graphic doesn't imply one happens after the other one, just that both are in the same year. The DitF and KJ reversal does seem weird though.
    But if you go by the original comics, they are not in the same year. I think if you really go by the comics it set something like two years after A Lonely Place of Dying.

It just seem wired to me, that they compress Tims Time as Robin for a two period without Robin that never happend like this in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But if you go by the original comics, they are not in the same year. I think if you really go by the comics it set something like two years after A Lonely Place of Dying.

It just seem wired to me, that they compress Tims Time as Robin for a two period without Robin that never happend like this in the comics.
    This new timeline has changes to the originsl comics.

I mean, it seems Barbara returns as Batgirl in Gen 3 Year 12, which would contradict a lot of events in comics.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-05-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

It says Wallace West (Kid Flash) was born in Gen 3 Year 1. That's 20 years ago. He said he was 14 in semi-recent issues of Deathstroke. So we're clearly still dealing with a contracted timeline after Flashpoint/Rebirth etc.

So why aren't DC showing THAT timeline? The one that would actually matter to current/upcoming books? Have they even figured it out?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    In case anyone is interested in helping or commenting or whatever, here's the sheet for Generation 3 I've filled so far (I'm still adding stuff).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

RED are things I read but I'm not sure about.
    GREEN are Bleeding Cool bits that I cannot read properly.
    BLUE are bits from @restingvoice I cannot read properly.

Feel free to point mistakes or add your bits. I'll edit whatever.

EDIT: I'm done with my input.
    Zero Hour - Hal Dies
    JLI to JLA - pure guess but looking at the timeline would be Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl debuts
    Identity Crisis - Death of Donna Troy
    Infinite Crisis - Superboy dies
    Final Crisis - Damian Debuts
    Flashpoint - Barry returns - Aquaman returns

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Zero Hour - Hal Dies
    JLI to JLA - pure guess but looking at the timeline would be Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl debuts
    Identity Crisis - Death of Donna Troy
    Infinite Crisis - Superboy dies
    Final Crisis - Damian Debuts
    Flashpoint - Barry returns - Aquaman returns
    Got it. I've already uploaded the chart . I think* it definitely says* "CASSIE SANDSMARK DEBUTS". I can read CASSIE fine, and the DEBUTS was "readable" too. I can't read the one about Superboy, but I trust you. Where goes the one with "Aquaman returns"?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: THIS F**KING AUTOCORRECT, I SWEAR TO GOD...

Got it. I've already uploaded the chart . I thin it definitely sais "CASSIE SANDSMARK DEBUTS". I can read CASSIE fine, and the DEBUTS was "readable" too. I can't read the one about Superboy, but I trust you. Where goes the one with "Aquaman returns"?
    Oh. Superboy Dies is just the one significant event for Superfamily in Infinite Crisis so that's actually more of a guess than not

It should be in Aquaman row, I saw it yesterday but now that I check it again it doesn't seem to match. It looks like "Aquaman something & something". Maybe I guessed it because he and Mera were resurrected in Brightest Day

Nevermind. You can ignore it.

Now though, I notice in the Aquaman row, the third one, that someone debuts and the only one I know debuted in that era is Jackson Hyde. I can't really read it, but I think I saw an E.

Incredible Member

So, some stuff is very wrong.

Batgirl debuts ridiculously late (Year 11?), Jason dies before the Killing Joke (originally it was the other way around), and Dick and Damian don't become Batman and Robin until after Blackest Night and Flashpoint, which is absurd.

Dick debuts as Robin in Year 3, ignoring Dark Victory having him in Year 5, but then (despite being so decompressed) it doesn't follow the actual progression of time that was presented in the comics of the late 90s and 2000s - when they started to progress in approximate real time. In the Batman titles specifically, No Man's Land was presented as a full calendar year and then Rucka and Brubaker took great pains to maintain the passage of time in their comics. Obviously, 52 spans a full year, and Final Crisis is specifically noted to be a year after 52 ends, Battle for the Cowl up through Batman Inc. are pretty specific with times of the year and stuff.

Here is the ACTUAL (partial) structure of years according to the original comics and timelines as they were being published:

Year x - Tim Drake
    Year x+1 - Knightfall
    Year x+2 - stuff
    Year x+3 - No Man's Land
    Year x+4 - Officer Down
    Year x+5 - Worlds at War/Last Laugh
    Year x+6 - Murderer/Fugitive
    Year x+7 - War Games, Identity Crisis
    Year x+8 - Infinite Crisis, 52 begins
    Year x+9 - 52 ends
    Year x+10 - Final Crisis
    Year x+11 - Return of Bruce Wayne
    Year x+12 - Batman Incorporated

Tim Drake traditionally debuts in Year 9 but the problem is it fluctuates depending on Dick's debut year and other things. The New 52 Batman comics tried the real-time system for a few years but around 2014-2015 they stopped giving a f*ck. Point is, this timeline violates the internal logic of the stories it supposedly chronicles and is thus (in my opinion) invalid. It's like DC didn't even try.

Wish I had the eyes to read it. No references I can see to lost characters/children (Connor, Lian, Robert, Cerdian, etc.). Not surprised about that.

Shazam joins JL in year 2 of gen 4. But is already around in year 13 of gen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    So, some stuff is very wrong.

Batgirl debuts ridiculously late (Year 11?), Jason dies before the Killing Joke (originally it was the other way around), and Dick and Damian don't become Batman and Robin until after Blackest Night and Flashpoint, which is absurd.

Dick debuts as Robin in Year 3, ignoring Dark Victory having him in Year 5, but then (despite being so decompressed) it doesn't follow the actual progression of time that was presented in the comics of the late 90s and 2000s - when they started to progress in approximate real time. In the Batman titles specifically, No Man's Land was presented as a full calendar year and then Rucka and Brubaker took great pains to maintain the passage of time in their comics. Obviously, 52 spans a full year, and Final Crisis is specifically noted to be a year after 52 ends, Battle for the Cowl up through Batman Inc. are pretty specific with times of the year and stuff.

Here is the ACTUAL (partial) structure of years according to the original comics and timelines as they were being published:

Year x - Tim Drake
    Year x+1 - Knightfall
    Year x+2 - stuff
    Year x+3 - No Man's Land
    Year x+4 - Officer Down
    Year x+5 - Worlds at War/Last Laugh
    Year x+6 - Murderer/Fugitive
    Year x+7 - War Games, Identity Crisis
    Year x+8 - Infinite Crisis, 52 begins
    Year x+9 - 52 ends
    Year x+10 - Final Crisis
    Year x+11 - Return of Bruce Wayne
    Year x+12 - Batman Incorporated

Tim Drake traditionally debuts in Year 9 but the problem is it fluctuates depending on Dick's debut year and other things. The New 52 Batman comics tried the real-time system for a few years but around 2014-2015 they stopped giving a f*ck. Point is, this timeline violates the internal logic of the stories it supposedly chronicles and is thus (in my opinion) invalid. It's like DC didn't even try.
    Year 3 was the original Post Crisis Dick debut before they retcon it. They're making Year 1, 2, and 3 back in continuity.
    I didn't know Dark Victory is Year 5. I don't remember it being mentioned inside the comic or in the blurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. Superboy Dies is just the one significant event for Superfamily in Infinite Crisis so that's actually more of a guess than not

It should be in Aquaman row, I saw it yesterday but now that I check it again it doesn't seem to match. It looks like "Aquaman something & something". Maybe I guessed it because he and Mera were resurrected in Brightest Day

Nevermind. You can ignore it.

Now though, I notice in the Aquaman row, the third one, that someone debuts and the only one I know debuted in that era is Jackson Hyde. I can't really read it, but I think I saw an E.
    Roger that. And updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Wish I had the eyes to read it. No references I can see to lost characters/children (Connor, Lian, Robert, Cerdian, etc.). Not surprised about that.

Shazam joins JL in year 2 of gen 4. But is already around in year 13 of gen 2.
    I've came across "rejoins" once, so it could be that case, I guess?
    I'll start with Gen 2 once I'm finished with some IRL matters.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Roger that. And updated!
    Found another one. The first one in Green Lantern row under Zero Hour isn't Parallax, but "Guy debuts as Warrior". I checked the date, both Zero Hour and Guy Gardner Warrior is in 1994

Then the last one, "Ollie dies, Connor Hawke debuts as Green Arrow"
    Ollie did die before Connor Hawke becomes Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm starting to suspect that most of the events on this timeline may not even be canon anymore because they were retconned by a Crisis or whatever.
    could be, but if the "Barbara returns as Batgirl" before Final Crisis is right, then it's going to be a straight timeline
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 04:22 PM.