Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I saw the Sinestro one.

Oh, now that you mention it I can see Penguin too. Under Catwoman right?

I think the Superman one is the same
    Rogues Gallery
    debut
    Name
    Name
    Name

Then in Year 3 under Dick Grayson debuts as Robin
    World's
    Finest
    Batman &
    Superman
    debut

It's the exact same words in both the Batman and Superman row.

Oh yeah I saw The Rogues Debut under Wally West debut as Kid Flash

Next to that, in Year 2
    Barry Allen debuts as The Flash - Year One

So the current Flash Year One is canon, they just place it there.
    Yep, just below Catwoman. And it's Gallery, definitely. We got it !

So do I put Sinestro in black in Year 3?

By the way, Martian Manhunter joins the JLA in Year 4, if I'm not reading that wrong :3.
    I'll leave my link for Gen 2 here already, even if I'm still around.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yep, just below Catwoman. And it's Gallery, definitely. We got it !

So do I put Sinestro in black in Year 3?

By the way, Martian Manhunter joins the JLA in Year 4, if I'm not reading that wrong :3.
    I'll leave my link for Gen 2 here already, even if I'm still around.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I think you're right because that's the year everyone "joins JLA", and right under Martian Manhunter would be
    The Atom
    joins JLA

Still Year 4, under Hal joins JLA
    Black Canary
    (Dinah Lance)
    Joins JLA

At first, I read Black Lantern too but that doesn't make sense, then I remember we're back to two Black Canary so there it is.

Year 5, same row, bottom part
    Green Arrow
    Joins JLA

Also, this means the Black Lantern that I read in Gen 1 is... YES! Year 3, right under "Alan joins JSA":

Dinah Drake
    joins JSA
    as Black Canary
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 07:05 PM.

I think you're right because that's the year everyone "joins JLA", and right under Martian Manhunter would be
    The Atom
    joins JLA
    I think that you're right. The Atom is the one that fills the place fine for the second nominee to join in that row with MM.

Now, I've just found the most weird think I can believe. Year 5, The Flash row: BARRY ALLEN DIES (FLASH OF TWO WORLDS)

I swear to God, that's what I read there. I'll put it in red because... I don't know.

EDIT: good. I've put Dinah Lance there. Arrow too, in year 5.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 07:09 PM.

I think that you're right. The Atom is the one that fills the place fine for the second nominee to join in that row with MM.

Now, I've just found the most weird think I can believe. Year 5, The Flash row: BARRY ALLEN DIES (FLASH OF TWO WORLDS)

I swear to God, that's what I read there. I'll put it in red because... I don't know.
    Lol no that's "Barry Meets Jay (Flash of Two Worlds)" ^^

I read it as "BARRY ALLEN MEETING JAY" but it could be "The Flash of Two Worlds" influencing me.

Lol no that's "Barry Meets Jay (Flash of Two Worlds)" ^^
    Phew, thanks! That makes a lot more sense.
    EDIT: definitely BARRY MEETS JAY (FLASH OF TWO WORLDS)
    EDIT: Maybe BLUE LANTERN something something in Year 5, above Green Arrow. I'm putting that in red for now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-05-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The chronology of events of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations makes some sense but how can Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne being around during the 1st Gen. and the JSA time?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The chronology of events of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations makes some sense but how can Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne be around during the 1st Gen. and the JSA time?
    That's why they said 80 years real time and 60 years elapsed time.
    Even though there's World War II and in real-world it takes 80 years to get to 2020, but in DC comics time it took only 60 years to get to 2020.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Even though there's World War II and in real-world it takes 80 years to get to 2020, but in DC comics time it took only 60 years to get to 2020.
    Wouldn't that make Superman and Batman 60 years old anyway?

That's why they said 80 years real time and 60 years elapsed time.

Remember we don't know when exactly Gen 2 era happened. It could be a time-lapse of the 60s, 70s, and 80s but happening in 15 years of comic time.
    Sure, but it still makes Superman 60 years old and Batman in his 50s. Looks like gen 1, year 6 (maybe when Thomas and Martha marry, maybe when Bruce is born?) references war effort and year 8 the atomic bomb (again, trusting others eyes), meaning WW II. Is WW II only 60 years ago now in DC universe? If so, bad idea, because it will absolutely confuse an audience if every time WW II is mentioned we're supposed to know it was 60 years ago. Or is there just some gap between gen 1 and gen 2 (Superman would nicely be 25 when publicly debuting if not). But a gap would make Bruce even older.

This timeline seems to put Dick 11 years older than Tim, at least (if Dick was 8 when debuting as Robin in gen 2, year 3 and Tim 13 in gen 3 year 4). Probably at least 13 and more likely 15 or 16 years older, since Teen Titans debut in gen 2 year 6. If Dick was 13 on TT debut, then he's 26 when Tim's 13. If he was 16, then he's 29 when Tim's 13. In post-COIE, he was 7-12 years older (yeah, that continuity was already weird, especially when they later decided Jason was two years older than Tim and 15ish instead of 12ish at time of death).

And, of course, Wallace is listed as 5 years older than Damian.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-05-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wouldn't that make Superman and Batman 60 years old anyway?
    In Gen 4 it's mentioned, "Booster aware of timeline changes, vanishes". We've been speculating some age down. We just don't know when. Flashpoint is a candidate, also Zero Hour and COIE

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Is WW II only 60 years ago now in DC universe? If so, bad idea, because it will absolutely confuse an audience if every time WW II is mentioned we're supposed to know it was 60 years ago. Or is there just some gap between gen 1 and gen 2 (Superman would nicely be 25 when publicly debuting if not). But a gap would make Bruce even older.
    I'm positive WWII is 60 years ago in the DC timeline. Otherwise, there's no need to even mentioned an elapsed time when they're making Bruce to be born during WWII.

and yes, it's gonna be nuts trying to explain this

Phew, thanks! That makes a lot more sense.
    EDIT: definitely BARRY MEETS JAY (FLASH OF TWO WORLDS)
    EDIT: Maybe BLUE LANTERN something something in Year 5, above Green Arrow. I'm putting that in red for now.
    No Blue Lantern is important enough to be mentioned in a timeline like this, especially in the mix of 60s 70s 80s where they haven't existed yet.

I'm inclined to say it's Guy Gardner but I can't read the rest.

There are someone "debuts as a Green Lantern" in the middle of Year 8 though. I'm gonna say it's "Guy Gardner debuts as Green Lantern"

because

in Year 11 there's "John Stewart is" then there are two words, then "Green Lantern" above the spoiler box.
    "John Stewart is the new Green Lantern"?

The timeline match. Before Crisis.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 07:50 PM.

In Gen 4 it's mentioned, "Booster aware of timeline changes, vanishes". We've been speculating some age down.
    Sure, but then everyone has to age down. Bruce Wayne is a fairly public figure. Clark Kent likely has the same job and coworkers he started with at the beginning of gen 2. I think if there is an age-down, it comes with the "event" that changes the generation. Which would make this the pre-change timeline. Which it doesn't make sense for them to publish (unless there is a side-by-side or they want us to know what Booster remembers). But if this was the pre-change history (and I don't think it is), then they wouldn't have need to compress it at all or change things up.

I'm positive WWII is 60 years ago in the DC timeline. Otherwise, there's no need to even mentioned an elapsed time when they're making Bruce to be born during WWII.
    That will never, ever stick. Just can't happen, IMO. Makes everything way too confusing. New readers already have difficult time, but this... whoo.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-05-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Sure, but then everyone has to age down. Bruce Wayne is a fairly public figure. Clark Kent likely has the same job and coworkers he started with at the beginning of gen 2. I think if there is an age-down, it comes with the "event" that changes the generation. Which would make this the pre-change timeline. Which it doesn't make sense for them to publish (unless there is a side-by-side or they want us to know what Booster remembers). But if this was the pre-change history (and I don't think it is), then they wouldn't have need to compress it at all or change things up.
    if we go by "everyone age down", then it will happen in Zero Hour.
    because we know Clark and Bruce grow up in real-time during Gen 1
    Then Dick and Kara grow up in real-time during Gen 2
    But in Gen 3 Damian was born during Zero Hour, and he aged up in real-time until Rebirth. So is Jon who's born 3 years after Zero Hour.

So if everyone's gonna age down, it will happen during Zero Hour before those next-gen kids are born.

That's how I'd do it anyway, counting everything we've found so far.

Well, COIE is a good candidate too since a lot of characters died and we don't know how old is Jason to determine if he ages in real-time or not
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I have to put down my phone and dust off my
    Lap top so I can read them Generation charts

if we go by "everyone age down", then it will happen in Zero Hour.
    because we know Clark and Bruce grow up in real-time during Gen 1
    Then Dick and Kara grow up in real-time during Gen 2
    But in Gen 3 Damian was born during Zero Hour, and he aged up in real-time until Rebirth. So is Jon who's born 3 years after Zero Hour.

So if everyone's gonna age down, it will happen during Zero Hour before those next-gen kids are born.

Well, COIE is a good candidate too since a lot of characters died and we don't know how old is Jason to determine if he ages in real-time or not
    That's so unnecessary complicated.

Where is Jon mentioned? The 3rd Gen. Superman timeline is mostly unreadable. There's Public Enemy in it, I think, and not much else is really visible.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-05-2019 at 08:05 PM.