Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

I think there's a lot more going on here than we are currently privy to.
    I agree, but I just don't think anyone has hit on what they are doing. All the ideas seem terrible and doomed to fail (nothing new for DC) or insufficient to make the world make sense to me. I think we are missing important info. I know it won't be my ideal when we're done, just from what we've seen already, but hopefully it will make sense. As this, taken straight-forwardly, makes too little sense even for DC.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-10-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Well, at least now we have a good guess of what that mysterious G5 thing we have been hearing about stands for, haven't we?
    (Generation 5).

Read about it tomorrow on Bleeding Cool :-D
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    From Hush to Under the Hood, there were like 3 years in real time, if I'm not mistaken. It's funny that they decided to go similarly in the timeline. They make weird choices, again.
    But non of these stories are really year spanning events like No Man's Land or Knightfall.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is there any clearer version of this thing? I can't make it out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

The big one for me is how they solve the two Hawkmen question.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The big one for me is how they solve the two Hawkmen question.
    Hasn't that already pretty much been solved?

All the Hawkmen are different incarnations of Carter Hall (who's original name, we now know, is K'tar).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is there any clearer version of this thing? I can't make it out.
    There's only a clearer version of the 4th generation: https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram...om&_nc_cat=111

The other 3 gen. were mostly transcripted by Bleeding Cool and CBR posters here.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Tried making a more readable version of the Generation 1 image. Still have a few X's as I'm not sure what those reads.

Also turned it into a pdf:

Generation 1 - Dawn of the Heroic Age.pdf

I haven't read the entire thread yet so don't know if I've made some mistakes or missed something.
    J'onn J'onnz
    arrives on earth

I can't read the last word

I'm thinking of Wonder Woman character that debuts during World War II
    Dr. Poison
    Ares/Mars
    Dr. Psycho
    Priscilla Rich
    Baroness Von Gunther

The words kinda look like
    Priscilla
    Rich Cheetah
    Debuts

but I'm not sure
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-06-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But non of these stories are really year spanning events like No Man's Land or Knightfall.
    They're placed in different years each one, but they don't need to fill the whole year. Could be that each take a week in each year, for example. Well, not Hush,, but the other two could. And Jason needs a long time before his story with Bruce starts in which Bruce is alone and the city gangs in a stale void of power, I think.

Ah. To the user who opened this thread, can you put our links to our "translated" versions of the pics alongside the original images? I think that could help people.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah. To the user who opened this thread, can you put our links to our "translated" versions of the pics alongside the original images? I think that could help people.
    Good idea.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey someone helps me see if the first thing in Superman's G3 Y7 is "Clark and Lois Lane Marry"
    I've been looking at that area once we established the Damian and Jon timeline.

Below that is Electric Blue Superman. Wow, that's gotta be a shock in bed.

I'm actually getting really excited by this lol. One, I just find it fun that the timeline makes it so pre-Crisis Batman and Robin stuff can be canon right alongside current stuff since the timeline changes are in-universe and not out of it this time. Dick's been Nightwing for a total of 20 years even though he's in his mid-20's now, which might seem awkward to other people, but is actually pretty interesting to me. In a way, all of every character's canon is, well, canon. Every Robin, Nightwing, even Batman story for Dick is canon now, even if it might not make complete sense. A version of those events occurred, and that's all that I care about.

But what's really exciting to me, is the idea that we're getting a Generation 5 after this. I don't see any mention of Batman Inc. or anything to hint at Batwing's existence. Meaning those rumours about Luke Fox becoming Batman soon might actually make sense now. Bruce has been Batman for so long that he's ready to retire, for example. Dick has been Nightwing for so long and done so much with it (mostly pre-Flashpoint, but still) that he doesn't feel like he needs to become Batman.

I'm really excited by what Generation 5 might look like and what other characters we'll see. For example, Jackson Hyde should be an adult by then. Damian will still be around, but as a hero of the previous Gen, he might actually be written with more maturity. And there's also the chance for more on previous Gens, since I'm almost certain we're going to get a Wonder Woman story to explain her new (well, chronologically "original") origin. We could get a JSA book set in Gen 1, a World's Finest book set in Gen 2, a Titans book set in Gen 3, and maybe something like the current YJ book continues to be set in G4Y5, while everything else shifts to G5Y1.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey someone helps me see if the first thing in Superman's G3 Y7 is "Clark and Lois Lane Marry"
    I've been looking at that area once we established the Damian and Jon timeline.

Below that is Electric Blue Superman. Wow, that's gotta be a shock in bed.
    There is a Clark at the start of the first line, and a Lane at the start of the second one; but I cannot tell much more, besides that the last bunch of characters don't look like "RETURNS". There is too much in the last few, so it could be "MARRIED" because the rr + d combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Then the last one, "Ollie dies, Connor Hawke debuts as Green Arrow"
    That line is too long. It has to be "Ollie dies. Connor debuts as Green Arrow" or "Ollie dies. Connor Hawke is Green Arrow" or something like that.