Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Retired

That's too blurry for me, so I can't see if there are any dates attached. On the one hand, it's good to have the JSA and it's good that Wonder Woman is given a longer timeline. On the other hand, if the first genearation is just thirty years ago or whatever then that means the WW II setting is thrown out. My preference is a JSA on Earth-Two that was established in 1940. I think the WW II setting is good for Wonder Woman's mythic scope--having her emerge on the scene when the whole world is at war suits her epic stature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Actually, I kinda hate to say it, but theory: Scott Snyder is why Wonder Woman now precedes Superman, because he's said forever he wants to write her and he's made clear he'll be writing a JSA book. Maybe the continuity shift'll play out of the Crisis-scale end of his JL run. If the JSA's kept to the shadows with Superman still as the first publicly, Wonder Woman as their first and leader could be neat, but it's not worth ditching Year One and honestly Diana's the Leaguer Snyder has the weakest grasp on; shame she's the one he's apparently taken with. Unless it's Hippolyta, and while her being the first ever superhero would be...odd, but worth it to avoid messing with things too much further.
    It would be kind of hilarious if Snyder tries to write out yet another Year One story that fans prefer .

So, could we expect like four different DC Comics line ? Like, four separate "Universes" ? If so, I hope one of them is really New 52 themed !

Come on DC, there is money to be made on this !

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That's too blurry for me, so I can't see if there are any dates attached. On the one hand, it's good to have the JSA and it's good that Wonder Woman is given a longer timeline. On the other hand, if the first genearation is just thirty years ago or whatever then that means the WW II setting is thrown out. My preference is a JSA on Earth-Two that was established in 1940. I think the WW II setting is good for Wonder Woman's mythic scope--having her emerge on the scene when the whole world is at war suits her epic stature.
    I'm a purist when it comes to the JSA being connected to World War 2 also, Jim. The team resounds in that fiery and tumultuous era and I feel it would be a tremendous mistake to remove their history from it. The last time this was attempted we would up with the New 52 Earth 2.

I would love if DC would use this as an opportunity to tell stories set in older eras.

But NOT redoing origins. Just new stories set in older times.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"The first generation will start when Wonder Woman arrives in the United States and is revealed as the first superhero. The second will be Superman’s emergence. "

Hang on

Looking at the timeline they're going with immortal WWII Wonder Woman and Superman alongside JSA
    That all good but how are they gonna handle Steve Trevor? Like the movie? Dead then resurrected in modern-day?
    I guess that could work.

I guess Ma and Pa Kent are just dead then
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 11:44 AM.

The last point of WWII is Wonder Woman retreats to Themyscira following something something

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "The first generation will start when Wonder Woman arrives in the United States and is revealed as the first superhero. The second will be Superman’s emergence. "

Hang on

Looking at the timeline they're going with immortal WWII Wonder Woman and Superman alongside JSA
    That all good but how are they gonna handle Steve Trevor? Like the movie? Dead then resurrected in modern-day?
    I guess that could work.

I guess Ma and Pa Kent are just dead then
    If they're serious about redoing the timeline then I guess that means she has a new origin where she left Man's World in the past until Steve Trevor landing brought her back.

Although I guess that kind of takes the punch out of their meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they're serious about redoing the timeline then I guess that means she has a new origin where she left Man's World in the past until Steve Trevor landing brought her back.

Although I guess that kind of takes the punch out of their meeting...
    No the first point of Wonder Woman timeline is Steve Trevor arrived at Themyscira

Retired

Easy fix: Steve Trevor (and maybe Etta) go to Themyscira with Wondy and then come back decades later, having not aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's no date. The head of the column is Generation 1 Volume 1. G1 V1 and so on

I can't see what's Batman's first event was but the second is Alfred Pennyworth started working at Wayne Manor, followed by the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    FIXED TIMELINE™ is brought to you by "people who broke the timeline".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!! Nice!
    Agreed.

Also,

As informative as Didio's cryptic comments and the picture of the rainbow blur is, I think we will have to wait patiently for more information before we leap to conclusions.

Generation 2 is way too blurry but I caught "Dick Grayson debuts as Nightwing" during Crisis on Infinite Earths thanks to the caps lock on names and they used the term "debuts as" in the first Jay Garrick and Alan Scott event.

OH WAIT

BATMAN & SUPERMAN debuts are the first event of Generation 2 so Superman wasn't active in WWII

I think... the Generation 1 Superman events are Clark Kent as Superboy but it's way too blurry to be sure
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 12:00 PM.

If Wonder Woman was first why would they call them “superheroes”? Earth 2 was actually smart and had all the superheroes called “Wonders” because y’know WW was first so everyone called the rest a name after her. This is really, really stupid and is going to force another reboot of Diana. It’s clearly copying the DCEU WW and is going to force another total reboot. I’d be fine if this WW was Hippolyta but if it’s Diana that’s going to radically change her AGAIN.

The first Justice League character event is ZATARA DEBUTS AS STAGE MAGICIAN

The first big event that ends the first generation was SENATE BANS SUPERHEROES. At the same time, ALAN RETIRES as Green Lantern and CLARK STOPS acting Superboy? Don't count on me on this Superboy thing. This was after the Waynes death and way after Wonder Woman retreats to Themyscira.

I think the last Wonder Woman G1 event was "Wonder Woman Retreats to Themysicira Following Steve Trevor's Death" the words fit and that's what makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 12:09 PM.