Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nope. The last things mentioned about the characters involved are "Wally Returns" and "Booster Returns" under Rebirth and "Harley joins Suicide Squad"
    Probably thrown out.

Might be possible their WW2 happened in the 50s or maybe instead actual Earth number years like 1986 or 2004 are thrown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I REALLY, REALLY doubt that they would do something like that.
    I do, too, but the idea has been speculated. Since it says "82 years real time (1938-2020)/60 years elapsed time." I think it would be bonkers of DC to do it and would ensure this timeline was dead in the water very quickly.

This made me wonder if it could help even more if we list important character debuts, birthds, deaths and events that are missing in the charts, good or bad ones. I'm thinking about Cry for Justice and Lian, for Roy; or Mia who is nowhere I could read; or the whole Deathstroke cast of characters; or Powergirl. It can be some fun too,arguing where they could place each, or if they've to do with the redacted cells.
    Only three Flash events listed in Gen 4. Wally and Bart disappear into time stream, Wally returns, Bart returns. I hope it is thrown out and wish they'd thrown out Identity Crisis, too. I want to know what it being back in continuity means for Ralph, Sue, and Jean.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-06-2019 at 10:10 AM.

BANNED

Anything about Roy and Cheshire? Together? Roy's drug addiction?

Gen 2 Y12 should be "Wonder Woman's Powers Return" since it's after Diana Loses Powers and before Barbara Minerva debuts as the new Cheetah but I can't actually read it.

Gen 2 Y8 bottom row could be "Alec Holland becomes Swamp Thing"

Gen 2 Y12 also looks like "... of The Swamp Thing"

Rise? Death?
    + I can read RETURN just fine, so I'll add that as good, with POWERS in blue just in case.
    + I can see it. HOLLAND is readable, and the other words fit very well. I'll add it in straight black.
    + It looks more like DEATH, but it doesn't make much sense, if John Constantine meets him at the start of Gen 3. On the other hand, I think the second item in that cell is something that ends with THE GREEN.

I'm visualizing this whole timeline like an onion: some layers overlap one upon one, that allow to see what's behind, but not entirely.This is what happens with each generation: each new one are aware of the previous one, but like some fuzzy blur their rational minds cannot see too much detailed because all the time inconsistencies between one layer and the next one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So far Roy's only in Teen Titans and Titans.

The Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Green Lantern timeline is in the same row, so while there's still some blurry parts, Ollie, Dinah, Connor, Hal, Sinestro, Guy, John, and Kyle are already competing for space-time.

They also don't have anything on Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    As far as I've been able to tell (from what others have said - I can't read most of it), we have a real dearth of Roy. I wanted to know those things, too (I don't care about Roy/Cheshire, but do care about Lian). Alas, as far as I know there are only two mentions of Roy - one in gen 2 when the original Teen Titans form, and one in gen 6 when the Titans re-form.

So far Roy's only in Teen Titans and Titans.

The Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Green Lantern timeline is in the same row, so while there's still some blurry parts, Ollie, Dinah, Connor, Hal, Sinestro, Guy, John, and Kyle are already competing for space-time.

They also don't have anything on Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz.
    IIRC, the JSA is in the same row than the Green Lantern and Green Arrow events, if what BC got for Gen 2 isn't wrong. Edit: there is a solitary and sad mention sitting by itself in year 7 of gen 2. I've put it in green, which means I couldn't read it, but it could be right.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 10:24 AM.

BANNED

Where does Lois and Lex appear first on it?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah. To the user who opened this thread, can you put our links to our "translated" versions of the pics alongside the original images? I think that could help people.
    Yes please. I hope DC puts out a clearer version sometime soon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Yes please. I hope DC puts out a clearer version sometime soon.
    I guess DiDio put up the clear gen 4 version, but thinks we shouldn't care about the old stuff (or at least doesn't want us to, because wants us to buy new stuff) so didn't put up the older ones.

BANNED

Old stuff is blurry fof teasing.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Hasn't that already pretty much been solved?

All the Hawkmen are different incarnations of Carter Hall (who's original name, we now know, is K'tar).
    The problem with this is that there were several times in the DCU when the Egyptian and the Thanagarian co-existed. I much rather have that then having the Egyptian play the role of Hawkman in the JLA--that should be the Thanagarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem with this is that there were several times in the DCU when the Egyptian and the Thanagarian co-existed. I much rather have that then having the Egyptian play the role of Hawkman in the JLA--that should be the Thanagarian.
    I like the space-cop version, no reincarnation involved (pre-Hawkworld space cop version). But I think the reincarnation is said to be across space and time so it's non-linear and there could be five of him alive at a time. I don't like this reality, but it does make it possible.

BANNED

They could change that all again. Imagine if they do Hawkworld again but this time he arrives in present day. (Again).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I haven't been up to date on the latest issues of the Venditti series, so I don't know if he's delved into it in further detail. But the basic idea is that Hawkman's reincarnation doesn't have to be linear. In other words, he can essentially time-travel when he's reborn...being reincarnated in a past era. That would explain how multiple versions of Hawkman can co-exist.

The confusing bit is how Hawkman's past continuity works on the Rebirth timeline. For instance, is the current Carter Hall incarnation the same one who was part of the JSA? If so then this means that Katar Hol precedes Carter Hall? Or were the Golden Age Carter and the current version of Carter different incarnations? How do all the timeline shifts and continuity changes affect Hawkman's reincarnation?