Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jesus Christ this is a mess
    Also, Tim joins gen 3, year 4, and Damian arrives as an 8 year old in gen 3 year 14. If Tim was 13 when he became Robin (we don't know, but Superman dies that year and so presumably Superboy arrives at the same time, so it seems likely), then if there is no de-aging, Tim's 23 when Damian is 8. So that's a changed dynamic from the mostly 10-17 they were in post-COIE or 10-15 of New 52.

Also, I just thought about this - Superman's death and return are in different years on this chart. While it could just be at the end of one year and beginning of another, didn't it all take place in like three weeks in-universe originally (with Clark supposedly buried under rubble the entire time)? If my memory isn't failing me, then are they actually making events take longer - that's the last thing we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Also, Tim joins gen 3, year 4, and Damian arrives as an 8 year old in gen 3 year 14. If Tim was 13 when he became Robin (we don't know, but Superman dies that year and so presumably Superboy arrives at the same time, so it seems likely), then if there is no de-aging, Tim's 23 when Damian is 8. So that's a changed dynamic from the mostly 10-17 they were in post-COIE or 10-15 of New 52.

Also, I just thought about this - Superman's death and return are in different years on this chart. While it could just be at the end of one year and beginning of another, didn't it all take place in like three weeks in-universe originally (with Clark supposedly buried under rubble the entire time)? If my memory isn't failing me, then are they actually making events take longer - that's the last thing we need.
    I think the closet they come is saying he was missing for over a month. They could always extend th

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Made some updates and included the other generations. Still need to fill in quite a bit in Generation 3 but I can see I have some stuff that others are missing.

Generation 1-4 New DC Timeline
    Awesome! thanks for putting in the work.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I noticed that original Superboy was mentioned on the chart, if that's the case what's the point of removing Clark's influence from Legion lore then, Bendis?
    Each "generation" is obviously a different continuity, not a continuous one, otherwise nothing makes sense. I expect a "generation 5" to come soon and sort the status quo.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ah, I think we can come up with a more or less fixed* date for Tim's age.

We can guess that him watching Dick's parents die is a fixed, unremovable event in the continuity lore. If people are, well, reasonable, they cannot make Tim less than a 3yo at the very, very least (it's when we start to keep most memories, if I'm not mistaken). That means that Tim is born in Gen 2, Year 1, at the earliest*.

Yeah, it's crazy, and doesn't work however you look at it. He would be 19 when he debuts as Robin.
    So that would point to COIE being behind some lost time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: mistakes were made

Each "generation" is obviously a different continuity, not a continuous one, otherwise nothing makes sense. I expect a "generation 5" to come soon and sort the status quo.
    I certainly think it's possible. If so, they are teasing us with what they we don't want, while keeping what we do want (what the heck the history is now) a secret for a little while longer. The thing that gets me, though, is that if each is different continuity, and not the current continuity, why aren't they using the originally-published continuities instead of something new (why does Jon exist in continuity 4, etc.). And even within generation 2, Damian and Tim are far apart in age. Also, if the continuities were back to back (which I agree, doesn't work out and is unlikely), Clark is appropriately 25 for a gen 2, year 1 Superman debut.

Also, if each generation is a different continuity, we aren't getting the "full" continuity for any generation.

We can guess that him watching Dick's parents die is a fixed, unremovable event in the continuity lore. If people are, well, reasonable, they cannot make Tim less than a 3yo at the very, very least (it's when we start to keep most memories, if I'm not mistaken). That means that Tim is born in Gen 2, Year 1, at the furthest.
    True, but I find Tim being at the circus that day very removable, myself. Many don't, of course, but I am absolutely open to his interest in Batman and Robin starting at some other point.

True, but I find Tim being at the circus that day very removable, myself. Many don't, of course, but I am absolutely open to his interest in Batman and Robin starting at some other point.
    I could work without it too, and, for example, make Tim watching the Graysons in a video documentary or something at an early age (early enough to burn in his mind). But I suspect that most of Tim fans wouldn't like that detail erased from his background story, and that they would react strongly against it.

Also, if each generation is a different continuity, we aren't getting the "full" continuity for any generation.
    Well, I'm gonna sound a little crazy, but I think it's quite possible that before they actually fix the status quo, they divide the line (for, like, 3 to 6 months) and publish 4 different lines each focusing and "retelling" those eras. That way they could maximize profit by appealing to fans of each DC era... And then, when generation 5 rolls out, they can actually sell it as "not a reboot" (even though it is), and adjust the general direction of it according to what sold most from previous generations. All the while, by having them more connected to each other they can do so with modern sensibilities to get the casuals and colectionists as well)

This may be Didio FINALLY realinzing that his vision for the DCU sucks, and trying to give everything to everyone to see what works.

(Wally will probably still get the short end of the stick, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

For what is worth, I have the impression that they would prefer to sell old comics of the old continuities instead of* new ones based on those stories. Or despite selling new comics based on those.

Speaking of Wally, I wonder if they're going to get him letting go of his mantle as Kid Flash before Year 15 as he should.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    For what is worth, I have the impression that they would prefer to sell old comics of the old continuities instead on new ones based n those stories. Or despite selling new comics based on those.
    They cannot link those to the present ones, though. Most of the complaints about DC in the last decade is that it doesn't read like DC. So they tie up ALL of DC while having time to do a proper relaunch (I guess, using an editorial structure similar to Rebirth, because that worked at the time).

It's just an hypothesis on my part, but I believe such a thing is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I could work without it too, and, for example, make Tim watching the Graysons in a video documentary or something at an early age (early enough to burn in his mind). But I suspect that most of Tim fans wouldn't like that detail erased from his background story, and that they would react strongly against it.
    Thing is, it has been potentially problematic even before reboot. Even in the early post-COIE era, Dick was said to be both 10 and 13 when he became Robin. If he was 10, it may not time out for Tim to be old enough to remember (Dick is also said to be both 20 and 22 in early post COIE, prior to 1990). And Wolfman liked using 8, even pre-COIE. Can't say if he used in early post-COIE.

If Dick was 20 when Tim was 13, then Tim would be 1 if Dick's parents died when he was 8, Tim would be 3 for 10, so that's okay. If Dick was 22 when Tim was 13, then Tim would be 1 if Dick was 10, and 4 if 13. But they also used his parents dying when he was 8, which can never time out for Tim. But then there was the reveal that Jason was two years older than Tim. But Jason was 12 when Dick was 22, so Tim would then be 10, and we're off to him being 1 if Dick was 13 when his parents died. Deaging Dick late in post-COIE went the other way, making him only 5 years older than Tim. Which I guess works if you want an 8 year old Robin. Basically, this one has been a muddle for a while. Honestly, I admit, I've never cared for it, but I guess some Tim fans would be upset if it was lost.

Personally, I would not tie it to videos, but to just an absolutely curiosity from Tim about the hometown hero and have him investigate to find out the secret identity instead of coincidentally having seen something years ago and remembered it.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-06-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Superman was buried just before Christmas so his return would have taken place the following year.

BANNED

Is there any reality gets rewritten inside stuff so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Is there any reality gets rewritten inside stuff so far.
    I assume that reality got rewritten multiple times and that's why everyone isn't at their actual age(based on this chart Bruce would be mid fifties to early sixties)and most of the events that are mentioned in the timeline were retconned or happened differently.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I assume that reality got rewritten multiple times and that's why everyone isn't at their actual age(based on this chart Bruce would be mid fifties to early sixties)and most of the events that are mentioned in the timeline were retconned or happened differently.
    I think that's likely. But am curious to when the changes are. And, of course, what we all really want is how the past is now, not how it was before reality-shifting events. But maybe we will get side-by-side charts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Depends on if they decide to go by non real world aging. Meaning it takes 5 years to get from 13 to 14 age wise. Or some better example.

That Booster Gold "time is changed" thing last time was more about Superman and Wonder Woman, this time they could just make it mean something else. I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

Besides I have books set during pre Crisis that mention 2 or 3 decades ago while the very same character has only aged few years in numbers.

Might be their approach to comic time. Hence lasped time and no set yearly dates.