Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

I'm curious how many legacy heroes this new timeline will restore. We already have Connor Hawke back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how many legacy heroes this new timeline will restore. We already have Connor Hawke back.
    I would be THRILLED if the new timeline allowed for Infinity, Inc. to exist. In the current condensed timeline, the JSA has never made it to the present, so the Infinitors
    would either have been born in the 50's/60's and already be in their 70's...or never have been born yet. The new "expanded" timeline might actually allow for their existence.

It would be cool if all the kids that disappeared got brought back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It would be cool if all the kids that disappeared got brought back as well.
    Very much in agreement. Though several were killed off before they were erased, unfortunately.

Incredible Member

I think the New52 would have worked if there was a complete reboot, where the past is relegated to an old iteration of "Earth-0". Short of that, what they should have done was a "Tales of the DCU" banner, where the stories DC wanted to keep would be re-introduced during that first year, and then become current hence forth.

Astonishing Member

What issue did Connor Hawke come back in? What's the context?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What issue did Connor Hawke come back in? What's the context?
    He's listed on the timeline - not yet seen in an issue, so far as I know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I think the New52 would have worked if there was a complete reboot, where the past is relegated to an old iteration of "Earth-0". Short of that, what they should have done was a "Tales of the DCU" banner, where the stories DC wanted to keep would be re-introduced during that first year, and then become current hence forth.
    I have a feeling, in a sense, they're trying to do that with this Generations initiative. They're 'rebooting' with the next-gen heroes, but they'll still continue telling stories set in past eras. More of a temporal distinction than a multiversal one, but the same fundamental concept.

I have no problem with this whole timeline thing, except I kind of wish G4 was longer. It's so short in comparison to the others, that I wish they tacked on a couple of extra years, but I'm assuming the timeline is only mentioning important/significant things and not everything so even with g4 spanning only 5 years we can get as many books as DC wants to publish of this generation (like now) and it wouldn't significantly effect the other generations unless it was an event.

I am very curious what books are gonna come out of each generation tho.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I would be THRILLED if the new timeline allowed for Infinity, Inc. to exist. In the current condensed timeline, the JSA has never made it to the present, so the Infinitors
    would either have been born in the 50's/60's and already be in their 70's...or never have been born yet. The new "expanded" timeline might actually allow for their existence.
    I wonder if they'll morph Infinity Inc. to encompass the legacy heroes from Johns' JSA (Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, Pieter Cross, Sand, Rick Tyler).

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I have no problem with this whole timeline thing, except I kind of wish G4 was longer. It's so short in comparison to the others, that I wish they tacked on a couple of extra years, but I'm assuming the timeline is only mentioning important/significant things and not everything so even with g4 spanning only 5 years we can get as many books as DC wants to publish of this generation (like now) and it wouldn't significantly effect the other generations unless it was an event.

I am very curious what books are gonna come out of each generation tho.
    Actually, Gen 4 has me scratching my head cause that takes up around Flashpoint to now. That's almost a decade of stories. I feel like it should be longer and add more events, but I guess with them bringing this all into one timeline of around 80ish years, some stories would contradict others. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Actually, Gen 4 has me scratching my head cause that takes up around Flashpoint to now. That's almost a decade of stories. I feel like it should be longer and add more events, but I guess with them bringing this all into one timeline of around 80ish years, some stories would contradict others. I guess.
    Exactly, it just seems a bit short-changed, but it would make sense if they're cutting down stories/events that are nothing more than retreads.

It was stated (or was it speculated) that this timeline is not the final draft so maybe some years could be added, and ultimately despite what the years say I expect more books to come out of G4 vs G1, despite G1 lasting 25 years in universe.

I am wondering about this new crisis/event that is happening in the summer of 2020, is it gonna fall under Year of the Villian/Hell Arisen or once the timeline is officially revealed will we see G4-Y6.

Well, we got the source wall broken, an unlimited number of world's invading the 52 ones, people messing around with hypertime, and a supposed creator of the multiverse as a villain. There seems to be any number of avenues to make a timeline change and I'm not sure which one matters most.

Astonishing Member

When was this?!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    When was this?!
    The new timeline mentions him taking over as Green Arrow in Generation 3.