Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I've been out of DC for a while.. when are we expected to see this timeline? And how old are the characters supposed to be? I guess Batman and Superman would be in like their late 30s or early 40s?

Based on DC's history, I can't imagine anyway they are able to successfully pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I've been out of DC for a while.. when are we expected to see this timeline? And how old are the characters supposed to be? I guess Batman and Superman would be in like their late 30s or early 40s?

Based on DC's history, I can't imagine anyway they are able to successfully pull this off.
    *shrugs* We don't know.

I don't think it's out there to assume we may get something during sdcc 2020 or nycc 2020, we have a new (rumored) crisis event coming in the summer of 2020, what better way to show off what that crisis event even is, then on the newly finished and updated timeline, but I can also see them revealing the new crisis event for sdcc 2020 and waiting until nycc 2020 to show off the updated timeline and and talk about 5g since things would start taking effect in 2021, so yeah nothing later than 2020.

As for the ages, I would say your guest is right, but we won't know until the new updated timeline is shown and explanations are given.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    The idea behind this is that everything in a row happens following the event seen at the top of the row and before the event seen at the top of the next. The Supergirl saga (which I named that way because that was what it was called in the books) happened just before Invasion! so putting it in the row under Invasion would be wrong. I do see a point of distinguishing it from the Zor-El Supergirl who came later though.
    ... what books? oO

While I have only seen in reference in later issues Superman meets Matrix on some dying world/planet/universe and takes her/it with him. The direct stuff I read was during and somewhat after the time of his exile Matrix did not really had anything going on and at one point even decided to became Clark for some time after which it left earth to find out what it truly wants or something like that. So Matrix becoming Supergirl must be some time after Invasion. Unless its during Invasion. Have not read it yet.

Although then again referring to Matrix first appearance its placed correct. Writing and now pondering on this I guess I was too hung up on when Matrix becomes Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

They should at-least be in their late 30's or early 40's. I don't see how they could be any younger when they both have teenagers as sons. Especially Bats, since he has Dick and his other wards.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    ... what books? oO

While I have only seen in reference in later issues Superman meets Matrix on some dying world/planet/universe and takes her/it with him. The direct stuff I read was during and somewhat after the time of his exile Matrix did not really had anything going on and at one point even decided to became Clark for some time after which it left earth to find out what it truly wants or something like that. So Matrix becoming Supergirl must be some time after Invasion. Unless its during Invasion. Have not read it yet.

Although then again referring to Matrix first appearance its placed correct. Writing and now pondering on this I guess I was too hung up on when Matrix becomes Supergirl.
    The Supergirl Saga began in Superman Vol. 2 #21 and ran through Adventures of Superman #444 before ending in Superman Vol. 2 #22, where Superman killed Zod, Quex-Ul, and Zaora of the Pocket Universe. All of this happened before Invasion! where Superman started breaking down and he would eventually leave for space just after the conclusion of Invasion!. Supergirl would stay with the Kents as Matrix and would readopt the Supergirl identity with Panic in the Sky starting in Action Comics #674.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The new timeline mentions him taking over as Green Arrow in Generation 3.
    Ah... That was misleading, then. He was acknowledged in some capacity as having existed, but he's not actually, "physically" back.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First tweet of the DC Nation account:

"Uh oh…looks like Dan left his office door open."

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...48862698299393

This is going to be a massive mess for Superman and Batman at the very least. How many times it will it have been that these same guys have attempted to, and screwed up worse, continuity once this one fails too?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is going to be a massive mess for Superman and Batman at the very least. How many times it will it have been that these same guys have attempted to, and screwed up worse, continuity once this one fails too?
    Well, this is said to be absolute. What do you find messy about it, specifically ?

The in-story explanation for everything lasting so long but not actually being reflected in the present day is what's concerning. Its trying an everything counts approach and that's fine, but it seems to going to be utilizing the Crises to explain them existing so long. Its the exact same reliance on Crisis stories that they've exhibited in the past only doubled down on, and none of those individual ones have ever actually fixed anything from a streamlining point of view. And that's supposed to be their aim here. I have little reason to believe that using multiple Crises as a crux to explain all this will fix anything either.

Didio and co. simply aren't good at this sort of thing. Never have been. Hell these are the same people that managed to make what should have been a clean slate confusing as all hell with only a five year window. Reconciling 80 is a massive undertaking. The only one who had any history of being of able to tackle something like this from a point of view of melding history is Johns, and he has nothing to do with this. So to me, this has dumpster fire written all over it before it even starts.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-30-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    How you reconcile them existing for so long, and how you execute it. Its trying an everything counts approach but it seems to going to be utilizing the Crises to explain them existing so long...problem is that's not much of an explanation. Its the exact same reliance on Crisis stories that they've exhibited in the past in just another form, and none of those have ever actually fixed anything from a streamlining point of view. And that's supposed to be their aim here. I have little reason to believe that using multiple Crises as a crux to explain all this will fix anything either.
    Well, i hate to say it. If that was the case they would have started with goldenage superman being first. Instead,we have clark debuting way after that. So, i believe timeline isn't going to be like that. We don't know what is the year in which year one takes place. It could be anytime. Maybe they have decided to take jsa out of WW2 era.
    I would have it goldenage guy returned. Because i want action back in man of action not just drama. Even if it meant crisis dependency.
    Edit-scratch that i saw the jsa joins workd war thing late.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First tweet of the DC Nation account:

"Uh oh…looks like Dan left his office door open."

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...48862698299393
    Oh, we got those right.

Well, i hate to say it. If that was the case they would have started with goldenage superman being first. Instead,we have clark debuting way after that. So, i believe timeline isn't going to be like that. We don't know what is the year in which year one takes place. It could be anytime. Maybe they have decided to take jsa out of WW2 era.
    But the timeline image just posted has "JSA ENTERS WORLD WAR 2" in gen 1, year 6 and "WONDER WOMAN RETREATS TO THEMYSCIRA FOLLOWING ATOMIC BOMB DROP" in gen 1, year 8 - just like people thought. So definitely has WWII-era JSA. And seemingly (though not necessarily definitely) in a 60-year-ago time-frame. While there are other things I don't like, that's my biggest head-scratcher - I just can't think they are actually going to make WWII "60 years ago" in-universe. I feel like there has to be something else going on. Probably something I won't like, given the track record, but some kind of explanation that isn't so very poorly thoughtout - you think comics are inaccessible now, but WWII being 60 years ago would confuse any casual reader who picks up a comic unless they spelled it out every time (and they seem to do less recapping and little notes in comics to catch up readers who didn't read all the other issues these days, but maybe I just don't notice them as much).

Edit-scratch that i saw the jsa joins workd war thing late.
    Sorry, didn't see edit until I re-read post.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-30-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm very curious how how they handle this relaunch, will the G1-G4 books come out at the same time as G4, in a new 52 type of of way? Or will they just slowly drop them throughout the year.

Astonishing Member

DC has enough trouble putting out a single "generation" of books. Now they're going to publish 5 generations every month? I can't see that they could manage more than 3 or 4 titles monthly for generations 1 - 4.