Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What's funny is that they could end up crafting a past that interests comics fans way more than their present. This already intrigues me more than any of the dumb crap they're doing in the present day.
    Yeah, that's always been the irony with DC, Marvel and...well, a lot of franchises, really.

I haven't even really been actively following any of the contemporary DC stuff. But Wonder Woman as the first superhero fighting alongside the JSA? Clark Kent's Superboy adventures being inspired by the JSA? The potential for period pieces with classic characters? Count me in!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, that's always been the irony with DC, Marvel and...well, a lot of franchises, really.

I haven't even really been actively following any of the contemporary DC stuff. But Wonder Woman as the first superhero fighting alongside the JSA? Clark Kent's Superboy adventures being inspired by the JSA? The potential for period pieces with classic characters? Count me in!
    Yeah! Superboy being inspired by jsa doesn't sound that great to me. It might be great but not for me. I like clark trying to find himself on his own. The kents are also back.I don't like clark being spoonfed everything.
    I think jon being the man of tomorrow is something i look forward to.He has potential. With clark there is more don'ts than do's. Its restricting and many times its boring. Especially, the current version who has everything in the world, never knew loss of any kind. I just don't find it relatable. Superman isn't the man who has everything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Superboy being inspired by jsa doesn't sound that great to me. It might be great but not for me. I like clark trying to find himself on his own. The kents are also back.I don't like clark being spoonfed everything.
    I think jon being the man of tomorrow is something i look forward to.He has potential. With clark there is more don'ts than do's. Its restricting and many times its boring. Especially, the current version who has everything in the world, never knew loss of any kind. I just don't find it relatable. Superman isn't the man who has everything.
    'Inspired' by the JSA was a poor choice of words on my part. I think what the ending of DDC suggested is that Superman will always exist, with or without the JSA before him. But the idea that stories of the JSA that Jonathan shared with Clark during his youth inspired him to make an even earlier start with his Superboy career is an interesting one, and one that hasn't been played with before.

Also, if they do in fact implement the 'new timeline' for all eras of DC history, then there might actually be some overlap between the JSA and Superboy, which is also an intriguing proposition for a story (though the DDC scene has a flashback of Johnathan telling young Clark that the JSA existed decades ago, so I'm not sure what the ultimate plan is here). Imagine a story, set sometime in 50's, with a young Superboy meeting the JSA. I'd read the hell out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    'Inspired' by the JSA was a poor choice of words on my part. I think what the ending of DDC suggested is that Superman will always exist, with or without the JSA before him. But the idea that stories of the JSA that Jonathan shared with Clark during his youth inspired him to make an even earlier start with his Superboy career is an interesting one, and one that hasn't been played with before.

Also, if they do in fact implement the 'new timeline' for all eras of DC history, then there might actually be some overlap between the JSA and Superboy, which is also an intriguing proposition for a story (though the DDC scene has a flashback of Johnathan telling young Clark that the JSA existed decades ago, so I'm not sure what the ultimate plan is here). Imagine a story, set sometime in 50's, with a young Superboy meeting the JSA. I'd read the hell out of that!
    You know what I agree, I would definitely read a elseworlds miniseries about 50's Era JSA (with Wonder Woman) who meet a young Superboy for the first time. I am not sure who would write that but I'd be interested.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I agree, I would definitely read a elseworlds miniseries about 50's Era JSA (with Wonder Woman) who meet a young Superboy for the first time. I am not sure who would write that but I'd be interested.
    Yeah, it'd be really interesting if you start to think about the plot beyond the obvious coolness of the characters meeting.

On the one hand, you have the JSA - war heroes who've been slandered and disgraced by McCarthy era politicians. And then you have Superboy, a teenage superhero who's been embraced by the people of Smallville (if not the world - depending on how far knowledge of his existence spreads).

I dunno how I feel about Wonder Woman meeting Superboy though. While I love the idea of WW preceding Batman and Superman, I'd prefer them to all meet for the first time as adults and contemporaries. Besides, as per DC's new timeline, Diana retreats to Themyscera after 1945, following Hiroshima.

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of all those Superboy stories where he met Lois Lane, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen, Aquaboy (Arthur Curry as a boy) etc. Even Lex Luthor is pushing it.

BANNED

Can't wait when they put it all back in somewhat. And its basically Earth 1 superman fused with others.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

This is a perfect opportunity to give Donna Troy her original origin back. I can list on one hand the number of comic book heroes and villains that have been made better by complicating their origins. Donna isn’t one of them.

They abandoned any plans with Rebirth the moment they hired Bendis. At least that is what it has looked like to me. Or they never had a plan and were expecting more from Doomsday Clock? There just does not seem to be any idea by Leadership about what is going on with the stories, hence why Leadership pressed for this. To say that the timeline has been completely butchered by the Editors since Rebirth is an understatement.
    Maybe the Editors knew this was coming and knew they no longer had to care? Which is a great way to do your job btw. This Timeline screams "we screwed up with Flashpoint and we really just want you all to go back to most of the history before the New 52, just like you all wanted in the first place. We are finally listening after so many years...because we are in trouble unless we can get Legacy readers to come back"
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    This is a perfect opportunity to give Donna Troy her original origin back. I can list on one hand the number of comic book heroes and villains that have been made better by complicating their origins. Donna isn’t one of them.
    Absolutely. They should restore her Teen Titans #22 origin and never look back.

"Metaverse".....because of that, Continuity actually means nothing according to the main DC story of the last 3 years. Which makes this released timeline by DC that much funnier...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

BANNED

Rebirth was just set up for 5G. And the other Earths.

A stop gap phase.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Agreed. Wonder Woman's post-Crisis reboot really screwed her over. Now they can finally remedy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm not a fan of all those Superboy stories where he met Lois Lane, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen, Aquaboy (Arthur Curry as a boy) etc. Even Lex Luthor is pushing it.
    Aquaboy? Not Aqualad?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

They restored Wonderwoman's silver age history during infinte crisis. Only for the JMS era to throw it out then NU52 put her back in the jl again but 5 years only happen in universe. Then rebirth changed it again.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-22-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Rebirth was just set up for 5G. And the other Earths.

A stop gap phase.
    That implies that they had 5G planned out before Rebirth began. This seems very, very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aquaboy? Not Aqualad?
    Aquaboy: https://www.cbr.com/superboy-met-aquaboy/