Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Rebirth was just set up for 5G. And the other Earths.

A stop gap phase.
    To me 5G and Doomsday Clock kind of feel like a natural progression of Rebirth and the New 52 in a way. Rebirth was where everything that you once loved came back, all the continuity and characters. But a natural question out of that is how does that work when a lot of characters are just different from how they originally were thanks to the New 52 and having to naturally progress out of that with Rebirth, ex. Ted Kord Alive, Batgirl walking, Black Canary a rock star/spy/single, Wallace West being alive and etc. So now that we've put back the continuity we now have to put the timeline back in such a way that it works for the continuity to have occurred. So in a sense it makes sense that to me characters are gonna get aged to go, hey our stories chronologically make sense. At least to an extent anyway, but hey we can always blame Crisis on Infinite Earths. Because no matter how good the story was or how influential it is, it kind of started this mess of confusion with characters from different times and earths now all living together in one continuity.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-22-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey, it's always been said that Hawkman and Donna Troy have confusing and constantly retconned origins, well, now it seems like half the universe has been broken. And now they aim to fix it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    "Metaverse".....because of that, Continuity actually means nothing according to the main DC story of the last 3 years. Which makes this released timeline by DC that much funnier...
    It's both validation and sedation. They're saying everything they make matters while at the same time telling fans that will be angry that it will pass and new things that they like will matter again while the old thing they abandoned still matters to the other fans.

but mainly it's a license to do whatever they want

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That implies that they had 5G planned out before Rebirth began. This seems very, very unlikely.
    Yeah, 5G is to showcase Superman Jon and he didn't grow up until Bendis.

'Inspired' by the JSA was a poor choice of words on my part. I think what the ending of DDC suggested is that Superman will always exist, with or without the JSA before him. But the idea that stories of the JSA that Jonathan shared with Clark during his youth inspired him to make an even earlier start with his Superboy career is an interesting one, and one that hasn't been played with before.
    You know what also hasn't much been played with before - the idea of Superman as the first hero, who inspired others. I want to see that. But that's not the nature of the golden or silver age, and then the post-COIE setup had the JSA first. I like Diana, but I just feel so strongly like she's supplanting Clark here, stealing the role that should be Superman's - the first superhero. When it was just the JSA in general, it didn't have this kind of vibe. But with this flavor, it just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth - like Clark is being explicitly diminished and reduced to further Diana. That's not okay with me.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-22-2020 at 07:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That implies that they had 5G planned out before Rebirth began. This seems very, very unlikely.

Aquaboy: https://www.cbr.com/superboy-met-aquaboy/
    Not all of it or the timeline. Both they where looking forward to change it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    You know what also hasn't much been played with before - the idea of Superman as the first hero, who inspired others. I want to see that. But that's not the nature of the golden or silver age, and then the post-COIE setup had the JSA first. I like Diana, but I just feel so strongly like she's supplanting Clark here, stealing the role that should be Superman's - the first superhero. When it was just the JSA in general, it didn't have this kind of vibe. But with this flavor, it just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth - like Clark is being explicitly diminished and reduced to further Diana. That's not okay with me.
    Dr Occult was the first on Earth 2.

BANNED

I was thinking about the characters aging, then I also thought if their Earth advanced somewhat faster than ours, wouldn't someone invented anti-aging or slow aging serums or tech?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Dr Occult was the first on Earth 2.
    He didn't effectively create the genre as we know it with Action Comics #1's success though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC’s Generation Zero Boldly Sets the Stage for the Past, Present and Future of the DC Universe

Saturday, May 2, 2020 is Free Comic Book Day, and DC has huge surprises in store for fans of all ages with two free comic books! DC’s Generation Zero provides a closer look into what’s next for the DC Universe, and the DC Middle Grade Graphic Novels flipbook previews great graphic novels for middle grade readers, featuring Batman and all-new characters.

DC’s Generation Zero

The march towards DC’s future begins with Generation Zero! This 32-page issue features a stunning cover by Francis Manapul and features key stories involving Wally West, The Fastest Man Alive, and Wonder Woman, warrior princess from the island of Themyscira. New and longtime fans can’t afford to miss Generation Zero; this book lays the foundation for even more seismic-level changes in the DC Universe.

It all starts here, and everything counts.

“Flash Forward: Epilogue” is an extension of the unbelievable conclusion to the Flash Forward six-issue miniseries, with all-new content from the series team of writer Scott Lobdell and artist Brett Booth.

In order to save his children and the multiverse itself, Wally West makes the ultimate sacrifice, taking his place in the Moebius Chair. Unbeknownst to him, the chair is packing a little extra power, having been imbued with the godlike powers of Dr. Manhattan! Now armed with infinite knowledge – and the powers of a god – Wally West can see the past, present and future of the DC Universe all at once.

…Including what needs to be changed.

Generation Zero also includes a reprint of “A Brave New World,” from Wonder Woman #750. Written by Scott Snyder with art by Bryan Hitch, Wonder Woman makes her debut as DC’s first superhero, saving the life of Franklin D. Roosevelt during an assassination attempt at the 1930 World’s Fair in New York. As a nation hears more about her heroic exploits, it inspires some citizens to consider their own unique gifts, and how they could be used to help protect the world – among them Alan Scott, who will become the first Green Lantern!

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-book-day-2020

BANNED

I see 5G stuff and the other Earths Johns reformed.

Seems restoring Cyborg will fix things? Anyway Heroes in Crisis is probably getting erased.
    Last edited by Mr.B; 02-05-2020 at 11:31 AM.

So big spoilers for Flash Forward I guess, glad to see Wally is still gonna be around doing stuff...and apparently gaining the power of the being who erased him from reality I guess. Either way please don't make Wally into the villain ala Parallax in Zero Hour. I read that description and got a bad feeling. But I am not gonna react just yet, will wait to see what happens on Free Comic book day.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

One thing is for sure - 5G will be Wally's fault. Just as New 52 was originally believed to be Barry's fault before Rebirth retconned in Doctor Manhattan's involvement.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Sounds like he brings on some changes to fix it.

Hmm 25 earths on image. Could be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In order to save his children and the multiverse itself, Wally West makes the ultimate sacrifice, taking his place in the Moebius Chair. Unbeknownst to him, the chair is packing a little extra power, having been imbued with the godlike powers of Dr. Manhattan!
    Doesn't this contradict the ending of Doomsday Clock and what Manhattan did with his powers?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One thing is for sure - 5G will be Wally's fault. Just as New 52 was originally believed to be Barry's fault before Rebirth retconned in Doctor Manhattan's involvement.
    Wouldn't be so sure about that. Not even sure there would be a "fault." A lot is going down and we're not even factoring what's going down in Metal 2.