Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Lots to take in from that article, interesting choice of writers. And we also gets names of each generation now.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait 5 issues, one out each month starting from May....Doesn't that actually mean that the set up for Generations and 5G will actually finish like one month before Death Metal end. Like the last issue for Death Metal which reestablishes "everything" is in November but this would end in October wouldn't it, especially with Death Metal skipping a month in August because they essentially start around the same time.

Either way, I was already going along for the ride now I'm just glad to know what I'm in for. Also my money on Golden Age hero going villain is either Spectre or Terry Sloane. Terry Sloane has already been portrayed as a villain before and the Spectre can be a bit of a wild card. Either way I'm in.
    To be fair, bleeding cool said in one of the rumors a few months ago that Snyder did not want metal to have a lot of 5G tie in. The main thing metal 2 will do is spoilers:
    age batman and superman up.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Lots to take in from that article, interesting choice of writers. And we also gets names of each generation now.

To be fair, bleeding cool said in one of the rumors a few months ago that Snyder did not want metal to have a lot of 5G tie in. The main thing metal 2 will do is spoilers:
    age batman and superman up.
    end of spoilers
    You know what that is probably a fair middle ground with Snyder reestablishing that yes everything happened and here is all continuity and these one-shots showing us history and the continuity as it leads into the new line.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Andy Schmidt? Hopefully he's learned from his experience with the IDW Transformers comics.

Kind of curious what this "alliance" that kept the Wayne Family legacy going is and which Golden Age hero went bad.

It doesn't seem like the DC architects or writing pool is really changing up with 5G. It seems like it's the same old guys from before.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what that is probably a fair middle ground with Snyder reestablishing that yes everything happened and here is all continuity and these one-shots showing us history and the continuity as it leads into the new line.
    Yep and I'm sure there will be even more lead in besides these one shots. We know DC has that convergence type filler coming before 5G officially begins, so we'll have to see how everything plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Andy Schmidt? Hopefully he's learned from his experience with the IDW Transformers comics.

Kind of curious what this "alliance" that kept the Wayne Family legacy going is and which Golden Age hero went bad.

It doesn't seem like the DC architects or writing pool is really changing up with 5G. It seems like it's the same old guys from before.
    Didio and Lee are awful at recruiting new talent, so that’s to be expected. DC is a good ol’ boys club and pretty much always has been. I mean Tynion got a job because he was Snyder’s student. Sterling Gates got Supergirl because Johns liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep and I'm sure there will be even more lead in besides these one shots. We know DC has that convergence type filler coming before 5G officially begins, so we'll have to see how everything plays out.
    I assumed that this was the filler actually. I mean think about it while Snyder’s doing Death Metal we will see probably some one-shots and tie-ins, probably a few books will end, and other books will wrap up their story arc before October/November before what I assume will be new books and new jumping on points with the 5G characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Man nothing about this announcement gets me excited at all. DC is about to lose its biggest team with Snyder and Capullo stepping back, I don’t know if Morrison or Johns will be involved with this at all, that they’re relying on Jurgens still says it all really. Everything about this screams “flop”.

Just noticed the press release said each issue has a variant cover by gary frank, guess that's what he was teasing with the JSA art on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man nothing about this announcement gets me excited at all. DC is about to lose its biggest team with Snyder and Capullo stepping back, I don’t know if Morrison or Johns will be involved with this at all, that they’re relying on Jurgens still says it all really. Everything about this screams “flop”.
    I think one-shots for the different generations is an interesting approach to rolling out the new timeline but...while I like them, the creators just don't do it for me.

BANNED

Do you think a big relaunch will happen this year let's say November-December or G5 will happen in 2021?

Empty is thy hand!

Prepare for a hot Bendis injection!

I think this and DC's plans for the future have finally brought me to the point where I'm not even gonna read news articles about it, let alone pay for and read the books themselves. BMB pushed me away from Marvel years ago and they honestly never recovered, and I'm not even interested in watching the same thing happen at DC. I guess I've been aged out and around too long not to notice the same bad trick continually being played. Like a lot of long-running franchises, it's time to put what I loved about these properties in a timeless box and then walk away. Sorry to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Do you think a big relaunch will happen this year let's say November-December or G5 will happen in 2021?
    I do at least, I honestly expect we will at least see some of the newer 5G characters in some ongoings or mini in November and December. I actually think we will see post Generations stuff in November with post Death Metal series(kind 5G I guess) in December. At the very least I think we will see the new Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman before the end of the year.
    Words to live by.

Personally, I'm THRILLED about this announcement. DC has needed to do something like this for a long time.

A big mega-series like this will provide a roadmap for the DCU history, versus screwing it up one writer at a time.
    Give us the broad strokes and stick to it. Particularly if we're moving into the new 5G age, there needs to be a strong base for the history
    so we aren't constantly navel-gazing at why things don't line up.

Let Death Metal be the last hurrah for the current age, and then let's go forward.

Astonishing Member

Well all the current legacy characters are going to get screwed over in this, aren't they ?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Personally, I'm THRILLED about this announcement. DC has needed to do something like this for a long time.

A big mega-series like this will provide a roadmap for the DCU history, versus screwing it up one writer at a time.
    Give us the broad strokes and stick to it. Particularly if we're moving into the new 5G age, there needs to be a strong base for the history
    so we aren't constantly navel-gazing at why things don't line up.

Let Death Metal be the last hurrah for the current age, and then let's go forward.
    But we know DC won't stick to it.

I mean does anyone expect 5G to last long? Is DC really going to keep Bruce as an old man, who isn't even Batman, in their main line of books for a long time? I can't imagine that. So when 5G ends what is DC's next plan? Are they going to reboot again to age all their characters back down and put them back in their normal roles? But then that make this whole different generations thing and trying to fit everything in with aging their characters up kind of meaningless.

I don't have any hope for this, but I kind of have a hard time wrapping my head around what DC is going to do when they want things to go back to normal.