Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

I can't see ****

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I saw "Final Night" under Zero Hour, Generation 3 Year 6. Can't tell if "Spectre" is nearby or not.
    One of the problems I've had with DC's history lists is that they're most often too abstract.
    Like "X did happened, but don't read the trade paperback because 90% of what's in there didn't happen."

It's like saying Dark Phoenix Saga happened, but the X-Men were the original five and Wolverine, so don't bother reading that story now.

Hopefully, DC is making this timeline in a way that readers can go back and read those stories in trades with the least amount of mental gymnastics to figure out what parts are still canon.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-04-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I saw "Final Night" under Zero Hour, Generation 3 Year 6. Can't tell if "Spectre" is nearby or not.
    Cool. I liked Final Night. Glad that's there. I'm guessing if Spectre is mentioned nearby it might be in 'Day of Judgment' if that's on there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They'll probably say that Zero Point and/or Flashpoint de-aged everyone some.
    Events de-ageing characters is in my opinion a must in a media that lasts as long as comics does, without ever replacing characters. From time to time, some event might make a character die and come back without ageing, or come back younger. The Flashpoint should definitely have de-age-ing of heroes as a side-effect, IMO.

The timeline is less important just knowing what stories are official canon is what I'm interested in.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The timeline is less important just knowing what stories are official canon is what I'm interested in.
    I wouldn't be shocked if they just went by which ones were most critically acclaimed and sold a lot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So to summarize, present heroes that exist in Gen 1 alongside JSA are
    Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, adults.
    Clark, from a baby to most likely, Superboy.
    Bruce, a child at the tail end of the JSA era.
    Arthur Curry whose story, from when his dad died to meeting his supporting cast, began after superheroes are banned. Don't know how old he is.

Zatanna is ageless now?

Retired

I imagine that when the JSA were investigated by the government (in the early 1950s), if that happened in this timeline, then Johnny Thunder made them all disappear--but possibly by accident, given that Johnny was a bit stupid about his magic thunderbolt. He could have said, "Say you guys, let's all forget this ever happened." And nobody remembered the JSA after that.

Astonishing Member

We have a barely legible timeline.Whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen.How does any of this affect the comics going forward? Possible reboot? Though based on the timeline its going to age a lot of characters.

Incredible Member

It's okay that this makes zero sense right? Like none of this makes sense on any level. I get some of the idea they're aiming for like this is how the time line plays out then boom reboot then this is how the timeline plays out boom reboot etc etc. But this honestly reads like they've taken something that's kinda confusing and made it much worse.

Unless it's a full reboot, it's never going to 100% make sense. But it's comic books. So let everything happen.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

There's got to be more to this, because those years don't make sense. There's no way Barry Allen could have been Flash for 34 years, he's not a man in his 50s/60s. We just had Flash Year One, which depicted the currently 14 year old Wallace West as a toddler.

The "5 year compression" is mentioned in Generation 4, but that doesn't really clarify anything.

A meta-timeline that incorporates all the timeline changes and compressions is somewhat interesting, but far less useful than a timeline of how continuity currently stands. What would the timeline events be as seen through the eyes of an average citizen of Metropolis?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There's got to be more to this, because those years don't make sense. There's no way Barry Allen could have been Flash for 34 years, he's not a man in his 50s/60s. We just had Flash Year One, which depicted the currently 14 year old Wallace West as a toddler.

The "5 year compression" is mentioned in Generation 4, but that doesn't really clarify anything.

A meta-timeline that incorporates all the timeline changes and compressions is somewhat interesting, but far less useful than a timeline of how continuity currently stands. What would the timeline events be as seen through the eyes of an average citizen of Metropolis?
    Average citizen of Metropolis: "I know you might think I was born yesterday... and you may be right."
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Zatanna is ageless now?
    Wasn't she always?