Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    It's okay that this makes zero sense right? Like none of this makes sense on any level. I get some of the idea they're aiming for like this is how the time line plays out then boom reboot then this is how the timeline plays out boom reboot etc etc. But this honestly reads like they've taken something that's kinda confusing and made it much worse.
    It only makes sense if DC is splitting their books into different lines and telling new stories with the characters from each era.I do not want to see anymore rehashed storylines.

Astonishing Member

Any timeline that isn't a chronological release, compressed, will never quite "work". But I'm curious about this regardless. Insane arcane comic book timeline plotting is one of my favorite hobbies. Will this monstrosity ultimately be the only thing Doomsday Clock truly yields? That'd be something. Or maybe Snyder's Justice run and the finale with Perpetua will rejigger things to have a solid timeline for once. I dunno.

All I know is that the iconic JSAers shouldn't be stuck in World War II origin stories, they should simply always be depicted as veteran heroes, a few past their prime. Leave the WWII nonsense on Earth-2 where it belongs.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Events de-ageing characters is in my opinion a must in a media that lasts as long as comics does, without ever replacing characters. From time to time, some event might make a character die and come back without ageing, or come back younger. The Flashpoint should definitely have de-age-ing of heroes as a side-effect, IMO.
    It can't all be on a per character basis. You have the entire supporting cast of characters to take into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Wasn't she always?
    Maybe? But I think she's never been active on WWII

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Maybe? But I think she's never been active on WWII
    I think it's Zatara. This was even before Alan, Dan, and Jay debuts as superheroes

It can't all be on a per character basis. You have the entire supporting cast of characters to take into consideration.
    I don't care what rate the characters age at - as long as they all age at the same rate. Not too fond of de-aging. Non-aging is more acceptable to me.

Wasn't she always?
    No. At least, she didn't seem so to me, initially (any more so than many others). Actually, I've read a good bit more pre-COIE Zatanna than I have of later versions, so probably shouldn't comment.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hate stuff like this.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here, I never understood why both fans and creators are always so obsessed with trying to make logical sense out of a fictional timeline that's been around for close to a century and rebooted or reimagined almost every decade. These characters will always be around as long as this format exists, they will never grow old or get permanently killed off, or retire for good. What difference does it make whether something like "A Death In The Family" happened before or after another important Batman story. I just don't get it, why even go through the trouble of trying to make any sense out of a timeline like this.

Where's the news? @Bored at 3AM's been on top of this for years.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Where's the news? @Bored at 3AM's been on top of this for years.
    I think they stole Bored's idea.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think they stole Bored's idea.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    They found a way to muck it up a bit, though. That signature DidioTM flair.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm not sure if this will ultimately make sense, but I find it fascinating that they're trying. A streamlined timeline that tries to be as inclusive as possible.

Judging by some of the ages, I think DC is going to say basically everything happened, but Crisis will be acknowledged.
    So WW did debut around WWII, but then a Crisis happened and she was young again.
    The difference is the Crisis changes were all outside of in-univere continuity. Doomsday Clock changed that.
    That would also mean Bruce is not 60, because at some point in the age of Crisis, he got deaged.

I can't believe they're going to actually make Dick in his 30s. And older Bruce! Bold, bold. I guess we can also write Jason in late 20s too, and Tim about his 20s. That ns the case of Dick being Robin at age 8 or so and the others as teens already. Damn, that's bold.

I guess there will be some metanarrative magic at work that is going to make them less aged.

Unless, they really, really, really want to retire Bruce and co.

Or heck, could be that each gen is their own 'verse'. Or the reason they're younger than they should is because the stolen time. I'm honestly curious about what they have in mind.

I may try and make some actual chart tomorrow to get a clear idea of how their ages could work with or without deaging.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Does DC have another panel tomorrow? We might learn some new info there.