Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1389
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zero Year's BM, 40's WW and the New52 JL in the Justice League #51 preview:

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/14/dc...ice-league-51/
    New 52 Bruce, Golden Age Wonder Woman and Pre-Flashpoint Superman...interesting blend there!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    New 52 Bruce, Golden Age Wonder Woman and Pre-Flashpoint Superman...interesting blend there!
    Checks out too. New 52 Bruce because it's Snyder's creation, Golden Age Wonder Woman because of the movie and the new timeline, and Pre-Flashpoint Superman is the most preferred by fans that DC brings back after New 52.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dick-gray...ue-53-preview/

I think this Doom Metal preview is saying that as of right now the original 7 was Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and the Trinity. Because there is teen Dick Grayson and Cyborg is no where to be seen on that line-up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I think this Doom Metal preview is saying that as of right now the original 7 was Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and the Trinity. Because there is teen Dick Grayson and Cyborg is nowhere to be seen on that line-up.
    Yeah, midway through Rebirth they said that Cyborg got into the team later.

Williamson interview for this series also said that Cyborg alongside Kori and Raven are fellow Titans member and this is the first time they're gonna have a chance to talk in a long time

The last flashback I know when Dick first met the League with Cyborg was still set in New 52

BANNED

Goes the orginal 7 then years later the nu52 JL forms with Cyborg.

See this is kind of why I wanted generations, just to have a series that clearly states/shows this the continuity we are in and here is what has happened.

Because right now its Wonder Woman was first which inspired the JSA to form, then the JSA inspired Superman who met the Legion of Superheroes (I'm going off Doomsday Clock) and has pre-flashpoint continuity for the most part, while Batman's origin looks to be Zero Year, and then the original seven Justice League members form and then stuff happens later and then into the present (I don't feel like breaking down every character). The only other thing I can think is maybe Flash year one by Williamson, as that is fairly new and is probably something DC still wants I assume.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, midway through Rebirth they said that Cyborg got into the team later.

Williamson interview for this series also said that Cyborg alongside Kori and Raven are fellow Titans member and this is the first time they're gonna have a chance to talk in a long time

The last flashback I know when Dick first met the League with Cyborg was still set in New 52
    I thought it was set in Rebirth with Dick meeting the JL for the first time with Cyborg being there too. Abnett wrote it I believe.

Found it: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/justi...r/4000-537215/

Seems it was the last issue of the New 52 JL run that was meant to be a set up for Abnett's Rebirth Titans series. So I guess it isn't in canon anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I thought it was set in Rebirth with Dick meeting the JL for the first time with Cyborg being there too. Abnett wrote it I believe.

Found it: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/justi...r/4000-537215/

Seems it was the last issue of the New 52 JL run that was meant to be a set up for Abnett's Rebirth Titans series. So I guess it isn't in canon anymore?
    Yeah that's what I meant with the last flashback when Dick met League with Cyborg was set in New 52
    Technically it counts as Rebirth too, but early Rebirth, before they change that Cyborg was a Titans too... I believe when Snyder started writing Justice League

See this is kind of why I wanted generations, just to have a series that clearly states/shows this the continuity we are in and here is what has happened.

Because right now its Wonder Woman was first which inspired the JSA to form, then the JSA inspired Superman who met the Legion of Superheroes (I'm going off Doomsday Clock) and has pre-flashpoint continuity for the most part, while Batman's origin looks to be Zero Year, and then the original seven Justice League members form and then stuff happens later and then into the present (I don't feel like breaking down every character). The only other thing I can think is maybe Flash year one by Williamson, as that is fairly new and is probably something DC still wants I assume.
    Maybe we'll still get a modified version of Generations after Death Metal wraps up. If not the 5 books as originally planned, at least a new definitive history where as much DCU history as possible is included.
    We mostly have the Golden Age intact now (incl. Wonder Woman, not including Bats or Supes). What we don't have is a coherent JLA or Titans history.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The art looks so good in that preview, glad to see Williamson writing other DC characters again. Wish he could have wrote JL Oddyssey, shame editorial problems happened.

I think this Doom Metal preview is saying that as of right now the original 7 was Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and the Trinity. Because there is teen Dick Grayson and Cyborg is no where to be seen on that line-up.
    I had a feeling this was inevitable once J'onn rejoined the team, but I'm happy to see the Big 7 is back to being the Big 7 again.

Hmm, I guess Diana in WW2/JSA given the right writer could work but not a fan of tossing out the Year One origin for this.

Especially since Diana's history with the JSA is mixed, if you want to be charitable, given stuff like being their secretary, the Byrne run from the 90s, and Tom Taylor's Injustice nonsense.

Well.. actually... Batman's origin...
    Hmm...
    It's complicated
    Basically the confirmed events are these

Bruce met Selina and Holly at the street of East End like in Year One
    Bruce cut his hair style when donning the costume
    Riddler took over Gotham and calls it Zero Year
    Bruce met 10 years old Duke Thomas during Zero Year (he's about 16-17 year old now)
    War of Jokes and Riddles happened after Zero Year

However
    Dick is mid twenties now meaning he's already late teens if Zero Year happened when Duke was 10

So my only logical conclusion is
    Batman Origin is a mix of Year One and Zero Year where Bruce met Selina and Holly but Bruce cut his hair when donning costume the first time like in Zero Year (and he might also be facing Red Hood Gang)
    The bulk of Zero Year refers to the event where Riddler took over Gotham and Bruce met Duke, but this time taking place while Dick already left his partnership and out of Gotham

Though actually those events are written that way because both King and Snyder operates on "everything is canon or at least everything we like is cannon, don't think too much about it"

If you're counting every character's backstory it won't make sense or the order of events are different. I already tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well.. actually... Batman's origin...
    Hmm...
    It's complicated
    Basically the confirmed events are these

Bruce met Selina and Holly at the street of East End like in Year One
    Bruce cut his hair style when donning the costume
    Riddler took over Gotham and calls it Zero Year
    Bruce met 10 years old Duke Thomas during Zero Year (he's about 16-17 year old now)
    War of Jokes and Riddles happened after Zero Year

However
    Dick is mid twenties now meaning he's already late teens if Zero Year happened when Duke was 10

So my only logical conclusion is
    Batman Origin is a mix of Year One and Zero Year where Bruce met Selina and Holly but Bruce cut his hair when donning costume the first time like in Zero Year (and he might also be facing Red Hood Gang)
    The bulk of Zero Year refers to the event where Riddler took over Gotham and Bruce met Duke, but this time taking place while Dick already left his partnership and out of Gotham

Though actually those events are written that way because both King and Snyder operates on "everything is canon or at least everything we like is cannon, don't think too much about it"

If you're counting every character's backstory it won't make sense or the order of events are different. I already tried it.
    That is so confusing. I really don't know how they can fit in Duke's character in the Zero Year story with also giving back Dick's history as Robin. It feels like those two things can't operate within the same space.

I like continuity as I think a big appeal of reading these long form serialized stories is them building on years and decades of history, but it does feel like continuity is as big of a mess as I have ever seen it. I really don't know what DC does from here. These JL previews don't feel like they really fix anything but just add in Wonder Woman as being part of the JSA now and they kind of are throwing up their hands with the rest of it.

BANNED

Everything exist just means fitting parts of multiple historys but not the parts that can't fit.