Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It may not mean anything, but we do have original Holliday Girl Etta Candy on one of the Jim Lee covers.

If it means getting her back and the Rebirth Etta is a modern day descendant, this might be somewhat worth it. But on the other hand, Year One was great and now we are losing Barbara Minerva teaching Diana English, and I'm not okay with that BS.
    Black Etta being a descendant of White Etta is fine. But Diana being in a romantic relationship with the descendant of her first love has always just flat out been weird and creepy. It’s weird for Cap over at Marvel to be dating his old flame’s relative as well, I’ve never really been comfortable with that kinda stunt. I’d rather they kill Steve off during WWII and then he gets brought back to life in the modern day ala WW1984. This whole thing smacks of movie synergy, might as well take that plot point too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It may not mean anything, but we do have original Holliday Girl Etta Candy on one of the Jim Lee covers.

If it means getting her back and the Rebirth Etta is a modern day descendant, this might be somewhat worth it. But on the other hand, Year One was great and now we are losing Barbara Minerva teaching Diana English, and I'm not okay with that BS.
    It's also possible that they might pull whatever it is they are doing in the movie to bring Steve back to the modern day?

I'm also going to wait and see on the new origin. It might just be a tweaking of an existing origin to have it fit into the time period.

I'm not holding my breath, mind you, but I'm not judging til I read it.

Come to think of it, isn't Steve USAF? That'd be impossible in World War One.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I don't mind a new origin--unless Zeus is still her father. I prefer the original, feminist, queer origin of ONLY women being involved in Diana's creation.
    You mean the created from clay one, right? The one they recycled as a cheap excuse to fix Donna's origin in Rebirth, forgetting that the Rebirth Wonder Woman origin change (retconning New 52 Paradise Island as fake memories) made that impossible (she now has several contradictory sets of memories, and no longer knows which origin is real). And the Zeus's daughter thing is stealing CASSIE's origin. Give the three Wonders their OWN origins, not each other's, dammit!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-11-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just have this worry that an effective and memorable origin is going to get lost in Snyder's overt dialogue and myth arc, on-top of needing to tie-in to the JSA book he's setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come to think of it, isn't Steve USAF? That'd be impossible in World War One.
    Steve was originally USAAC/USAAF, then USAF, and right now he's USSOCOM/USNavy (as a Navy Seal), unless he's some type of top brass or troubleshooter for ARGUS.

Whatever military career Steve had in the movie before ending up on Themyscira is rather unclear, but I'd guess it'd be rather chaotic.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think the current leadership at DC has their heels dug in real hard with daddy!Zeus.
    How unfortunate and predictable.

Luckily, Kelly Sue Deconnick has already said on her Twitter account that WOMAN WOMAN: HISTORIA will not have the Daddy!Zeus origin for Diana.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    How unfortunate and predictable.

Luckily, Kelly Sue Deconnick has already said on her Twitter account that WOMAN WOMAN: HISTORIA will not have the Daddy!Zeus origin for Diana.
    Thank Gaea for that!! Off to Amazon to pre-order

The worst part about this is that it’s seemingly taking away Hippolyta’s time as Wonder Woman with the JSA, and I liked that a lot. Not to mention her romance with Wildcat. :[

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The worst part about this is that it’s seemingly taking away Hippolyta’s time as Wonder Woman with the JSA, and I liked that a lot. Not to mention her romance with Wildcat. :[
    That was out of continuity for a while now though, so it's not really something we are losing.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

I liked Hippolyta's time as Wonder Woman too but I think that got 86d after Infinite Crisis. Hippolyta did appear with the JSA after that but not as Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.